From 1st May no complimentary Pre Boarding Covid tests

suttonrunner

3 hours ago, Penton said:

I have queried the timing of PCR testing with Azamara Customer Services and of course have not had any response from them after 10 days but surely 72 hours is 3 days (3 x 24 hours). So I’ve booked a PCR test for 6pm on Wednesday evening at LHR (Randox) before flying out to Venice at 8am on Thursday. I will get the result in 1 - 3 hours so will know the result before I am due to fly. Should there be any challenge that my timing is incorrect I will take a hard copy of the Azamara email dated 20th April which is the only official communication I have received from Azamara.

The lack of clarity and Azamara’s non-responsiveness is staggering and stressful just 13 days before embarkation.

Yes 72 hours is equal to three 24 hour periods, but 72 hours before boarding at 2pm is 14 hours into the third pre-boarding day.

In the change of wording made by Azamara and pointed out by Edinburgh Tim, you can now have the PCR test any time on the the third pre-boarding day.

It is no longer restricted to after 2pm on that day, as it would have been had the requirement stayed at 72 hours before boarding.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Penton said:

I have queried the timing of PCR testing with Azamara Customer Services and of course have not had any response from them after 10 days but surely 72 hours is 3 days (3 x 24 hours). So I’ve booked a PCR test for 6pm on Wednesday evening at LHR (Randox) before flying out to Venice at 8am on Thursday. I will get the result in 1 - 3 hours so will know the result before I am due to fly. Should there be any challenge that my timing is incorrect I will take a hard copy of the Azamara email dated 20th April which is the only official communication I have received from Azamara.

The lack of clarity and Azamara’s non-responsiveness is staggering and stressful just 13 days before embarkation.

My travel agent got the answer that it is 3 days. In my case, my embarkation day is a Tuesday. Embarkation time between 14.00 to 14.30.  I could make a PCR test starting on Saturday any time of the day or an Antigen test starting on Monday.

Ivi

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, EdinburghTim said:

les37b, you can get an antigen test at LGW before flying out on Monday. A negative result anytime the day before you sail on Tuesday is fine. Don't get hung up on testing time versus boarding time. Here is the relevant section of the (current) website:

In the interest of welcoming you onboard and starting your voyage as quickly as possible, guests will no longer be required to undergo a COVID-19 antigen test while checking in at the terminal. However, to strive for a COVID-19 free environment, guests will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test upon embarkation. At-home and/or self-testing kits are not accepted. The test results must be from a testing laboratory or a licensed testing site. The COVID-19 test can either be:

PCR: Test date no older than 3 days prior to embarkation; OR 

Antigen: Test date must be within one day of embarkation

Note, the switch in the wording from the original communication I received on 21st April (dated 20th April) which stated the validity of the PCR test in hours (see below) which led to a lot of confusion of the kind you are mentioning:

• PCR: Test date no older than 72 hours prior to embarkation; OR
  • Antigen: Test date must be within one day of embarkation

So Monday for your LFT should be fine although it will mean getting to the airport a bit earlier. I'm  also hoping that particular hoop will be gone before June so are holding off booking our tests until nearer the time

Tim, I am reading that as meaning the test must be within 24 hours from boarding....  So boarding at 1400 on the Tuesday, means the test can't be sooner than 1400 on the Monday.

I know for entry into the US it does mean anytime the day before, but I'm not sure if like to rely on that interpretation for Azamara.

1 hour ago, les37b said:

Tim, I am reading that as meaning the test must be within 24 hours from boarding....  So boarding at 1400 on the Tuesday, means the test can't be sooner than 1400 on the Monday.

I know for entry into the US it does mean anytime the day before, but I'm not sure if like to rely on that interpretation for Azamara.

From the Azamara webpage:

Testing & Screening

In the interest of welcoming you onboard and starting your voyage as quickly as possible, guests will no longer be required to undergo a COVID-19 antigen test while checking in at the terminal. However, to strive for a COVID-19 free environment, guests will be required to provide a negative COVID-19 test upon embarkation. At-home and/or self-testing kits are not accepted. The test results must be from a testing laboratory or a licensed testing site. The COVID-19 test can either be:

• PCR: Test date no older than 3 days prior to embarkation; OR 
  • Antigen: Test date must be within one day of embarkation

Antigen COVID-19 testing is available for $59 USD in the terminal or on the boarding deck. Boarding will be denied to those guests who cannot provide a negative COVID-19 test. 

• Proof of negative COVID-19 test required for boarding. . At-home and/or self-testing kits are not accepted.  • Testing (anitgen or PCR) for all crew and guests
• Symptoms reporting • Medical evaluation onboard

12 hours ago, Mrmatt said:

Do you know where the Randox testing takes place at Heathrow.  We will be on a connecting flight so would need to be within terminal 5.

My Randox appointment is in the car park of The Radisson Edwardian Hotel which is on the Bath Road on the north side of the airport. There may be other options but this the most convenient one for me to drive to. If you look at the Heathrow Airport website it tells you where the testing facilities are.

Hi,

I am departing on the Pursuit for 7 nights Spain intensive cruise on 31st May,

fling in to Barcelona on the evening of 30th May.

I plan to take the $59 antigen test offered by Azamara at the cruise terminal in Barcelona.

This seems the easiest options after reading the above comments.

I do understand that there may be the chance of being denied boarding if i test positive and have insurance to cover this.

I just wondered if i was missing something as there seems to be a panic in getting a pcr or antigen test before flying.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Mrmatt said:

Do you know where the Randox testing takes place at Heathrow.  We will be on a connecting flight so would need to be within terminal 5.

Its not Randox but testing available in T5 departures according to the website.

18 hours ago, Mrmatt said:

Hi

This Thursday we are collecting  LFTs from Halo at the Sofitel in Terminal 5 before our flight. Using the link from the BA website cost is £12 each. Very fast results.

Our cruise departs Friday and I am absolutely confident that a test taken anytime the day before departure will work, having regard to the changed AZ wording, as detailed by others in this thread.

Hope this may help.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Les, I think you're worrying unnecessarily. Azamara have changed the wording on the website since their original communication to us to remove the ambiguity around 'days' versus 'hours' for precisely the reason you articulate. If you are embarking on Tuesday, a LFT from any time on Monday (or Tuesday) would be acceptable to Az. Ivi, in post #203 confirms the same after speaking to her TA. 

However, I'm hoping Az will remove this particular requirement before our cruise in June. If not, we will be taking the test at the airport before we fly out the day before embarkation as per my recommendation to you. Even if I were wrong (which I'm not), the worst that would happen is that we would have to fork out again for Az's high-priced test at the pier. Not great I accept but not a showstopper. Plus, I don't have happy memories of the testers at Lisbon trying to push the swab through my brain and out the top of my skull when we took the free test before our November Az cruise! 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, les37b said:

We did the Antigen on saturday 9.30 AM and emarked sunday 2 PM and ist was okay.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, kool kruiser said:

Hi

This Thursday we are collecting  LFTs from Halo at the Sofitel in Terminal 5 before our flight. Using the link from the BA website cost is £12 each. Very fast results.

Our cruise departs Friday and I am absolutely confident that a test taken anytime the day before departure will work, having regard to the changed AZ wording, as detailed by others in this thread.

Hope this may help.

Thanks, Colin

It would be great if you could report back on what actually happens at the pier on Friday!

An email from Azamara today sends me to statements that everyone will be tested at the pier (Italian departure) and that results will be sent by email within 15 minutes.

Adrian

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Noggins said:

An email from Azamara today sends me to statements that everyone will be tested at the pier (Italian departure) and that results will be sent by email within 15 minutes.

I suspect the links to outdated statements

I boarded Quest in Rome 2 days ago

I had taken my test on Saturday morning (more than 24 hours before boarding)

The only people tested at the port were those that had not tested in advance

I had travelled previously pre 1st May and the testing at port and waiting 15 minutes for result was the norm then

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 10:45 PM, Noggins said:

Thanks, Colin

It would be great if you could report back on what actually happens at the pier on Friday!

Adrian

Just had our Covid lateral flow test at Lloyds in Playa Maggorie Bologna for €15 a test.

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2022 at 5:34 PM, kool kruiser said:

Hi

Hope this may help.

I would be grateful to hear if all went well for you at  boarding on Friday, with the Halo tests. Thank you! 

Sail Day Testing
All guests 2 years and older are required to take a complimentary antigen test for COVID-19 when checking in at the terminal, which will be administered by one of our testing vendors. Registration details will be sent via email in advance.

Just been into our account for our sailing on Quest and the above is a copy on Azamara web site about our sailing. It is still saying Complimentary anitgen tests at the terminal. Surely Azamara can get their web site updated or is it complimentary ?????

2 hours ago, LEESRE said:
Sail Day Testing
All guests 2 years and older are required to take a complimentary antigen test for COVID-19 when checking in at the terminal, which will be administered by one of our testing vendors. Registration details will be sent via email in advance.

Just been into our account for our sailing on Quest and the above is a copy on Azamara web site about our sailing. It is still saying Complimentary anitgen tests at the terminal. Surely Azamara can get their web site updated or is it complimentary ?????

This confusing information is that many of us are complaining! My travel agent has asked and Azamara says to bring our own test results.

Ivi

Sorry to not post earlier but no real opportunity!!
Halo test at Sofitel Terminal 5 LHR was very smooth. Must download their app in advance. They allowed us to do our tests in their facility, as it was very quiet. If not, an area alongside can be used . Emailed results sent IMMEDIATELY, after upload, no wait at all. You do have to wait 15 minutes before uploading. In two words, easy peasy.

At Ravenna embarkation AZ first checked test results. They were not interested in test timing, just the date and result. They then checked booster vaccination carefully, having established we had the requisite three vaccinations.

Hope this “real world” experience helps.

Finally, really enjoying our first AZ cruise. Will post some of our thoughts for other newbies when we return after our back to back.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4

Sat at Piraeus now our PCR, done on Sunday was rejected as "Greek Government" requires a test within 24 hours before you board, Azamara provided free RAT as expect a few people are getting caught out. Was quite efficient but annoying we'd gone to expense before we left UK.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Presented my antigen negative test and ready to board. You do need a test result. 
Ivi

Requirements of Greek Govt are that they don’t want to see vaccination records or test results but may require passengers to take a test at the airport.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, travelberlin said:

Presented my antigen negative test and ready to board. You do need a test result.

Well done, Ivi - and have a wonderful trip! I have heard some horror stories from a couple just off Onward. It would be good to hear your take on any changes since your last time cruise with AZ.

Adrian

11 minutes ago, Noggins said:

Well done, Ivi - and have a wonderful trip! I have heard some horror stories from a couple just off Onward. It would be good to hear your take on any changes since your last time cruise with AZ.

Adrian

Thanks Adrian! I will try to post. Up to now I have seen only masked faces 😷 smiling with the eyes 

Ivi

Edited by travelberlin