Daily MDR menus - Just found out.

1 hour ago, TopoChico said:

Is it normal practice for them to ask for dessert choice when ordering the whole meal? We had to order dessert every night with our main course.  

Yes, it has been that way since before Covid. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mndity said:

I am 53 days away from my Alaskan cruise & all I see is the kids menu every night. Cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, & cheese pizza every nite!!!

Give it time. Our TA next week only has 6 nts showing and I plan on eating for 14!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, baelor said:

Does anyone know why cruise lines seem to be in love with escargot?  Is it just that some people have never had it before and there is a novelty factor or something?

It's a good question.  I like it (mostly so I can dip bread in the garlic butter) but doubt it is all that popular.  When my parents used to cruise in the 1960's and 70's there were always frogs legs on the menu.

4 hours ago, TopoChico said:

Is it normal practice for them to ask for dessert choice when ordering the whole meal? We had to order dessert every night with our main course.  

I don't like that either since I never know if I will still want it by the time it comes.  I've been known to drop it off in my cabin fridge and have it for breakfast with coffee.  Another nice little decadent cruise habit 🙂

5 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

I like it (mostly so I can dip bread in the garlic butter) but doubt it is all that popular. 

Yeah, I view escargot (and eggplant) more as vehicles for sauces than anything else.

5 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

When my parents used to cruise in the 1960's and 70's there were always frogs legs on the menu.

I love frog legs!  Hopefully they make a return someday...

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mndity said:

I am 53 days away from my Alaskan cruise & all I see is the kids menu every night. Cheeseburgers, chicken fingers, & cheese pizza every nite!!!

Me too! I wonder if it's because the Quantum isn't sailing in the US yet?

1 hour ago, mndity said:

We sail May 30 and I am only seeing kids, vegan and wine. ???

For those who have the app, any nights when the MDR is ALL seafood? Mrs. Dawg hates seafood and if there is an all seafood night, I'll have to make sure we go to the MDR that night. 

Seeing her squirm while reading an all seafood menus is one of my little pleasures in life. 😁

19 hours ago, mndity said:

it was like that for quite some time for my May cruise. But a couple of weeks ago it switched to a regular menu.

Even now day 5 is still showing a kid's menu.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

22 hours ago, baelor said:

Does anyone know why cruise lines seem to be in love with escargot?  Is it just that some people have never had it before and there is a novelty factor or something?

Shoot, Royal use to have Caviar on the Menu every Cruise, neither is my Cup of Tea

i wish NCL would purchase the (what must be terribly expensive) software that enables at least 'today's mdr to be on the app. it's crazy in this new world that they cannot even do that. much less weeks before the cruise. royals app and internet is far better than ncl and makes it easier to plan things. until the menus change of course. 🙂