Celebrity Eclipse Maui dock?

Karen Lynn

They will dock at Kahalui...there is only one dock there, or they will tender at Lahaina...no dock there.

The Celebrity website says Lahaina. The dock at Lahaina has been under repair, but that should be done soon. So unless you are going in the next week or three, I would expect tendering at Lahaina.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Karen Lynn said:

Thank you!

Trying to figure out where to rent a car for the day but seems in order to not have to rush to return by 5pm has to be the airport location …🥴

There are many threads here on car rentals...but as cruising is just resuming, most are pre Covid. 

At Lahaina, there was one small rental operation in Lahaina, but a ways from the tender dock. Most of the car rental places are about halfway to the airport on the main highway, one or two are in the hotels in Ka'anapali.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

At Lahaina, there was one small rental operation in Lahaina, but a ways from the tender dock. Most of the car rental places are about halfway to the airport on the main highway, one or two are in the hotels in Ka'anapali.

We usually do the Avis location near Kapalua Airport-- short, quick Uber ride from Lahaina. 

• Like 2

We tendered in Lahaina and had reserved an Avis rental near Kapalua Airport on the highway. Avis had a shuttle bus to take us there but you could also take a taxi. If you’re only there for the day I would suggest you make sure you are back in the Lahaina area early to drop off your car. If there are any accidents or traffic jams on the highway heading into Lahaina  you could miss the ship.

47 minutes ago, Travelexpert35 said:

We tendered in Lahaina and had reserved an Avis rental near Kapalua Airport on the highway. Avis had a shuttle bus to take us there but you could also take a taxi. If you’re only there for the day I would suggest you make sure you are back in the Lahaina area early to drop off your car. If there are any accidents or traffic jams on the highway heading into Lahaina  you could miss the ship.

Was this trip pre Covid or since Covid? I am concerned all this services haven't returned, particularly as cruising in Hawaii has been a bit sparse compared to normal.

• Like 1

Lately it's been taking me an hour from Lahania area to Kahalui if Pali is running smoothly. The HonoaPiilani Hwy is the only reasonable way to get from the west side of the island to the east. Traffic jams are getting common as are accidents, and heaven forbid a major accident that closes the Pali entirely. I'd be cautious crossing the Pali from the west side in a rental car if I were only on the island a day. Just a few weeks ago I had to rearrange my entire day because the Pali closed due to injury accident. If you are tendering in Lahania (this isn't an option currently due to construction) and want to tour the east side, a ship sponsored tour (as much as I dislike them) will no doubt be less risky. If you are on an overnight stop, there is far less pressure and you can wait out any traffic issue.

My trip was in 2019 so the Avis shuttle bus may not be operating right now and I’m not sure of the availability of car rentals. We had an overnight stop in Maui on our cruise and we’ve been there many times before so we knew where to go and what to see. 

5 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

Was this trip pre Covid or since Covid? I am concerned all this services haven't returned, particularly as cruising in Hawaii has been a bit sparse compared to normal.

That Avis is up and running-- used them in February. I don't know about the shuttle because we haven't ever used it but an Uber from Lahaina to this location is only about 10 minutes so not a huge deal. 

Hawaii doesn't really rely on cruise ship tourism-- most things have been up and running for a while as tourists came back in droves flying in. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, princeton123211 said:

That Avis is up and running-- used them in February. I don't know about the shuttle because we haven't ever used it but an Uber from Lahaina to this location is only about 10 minutes so not a huge deal. 

Hawaii doesn't really rely on cruise ship tourism-- most things have been up and running for a while as tourists came back in droves flying in. 

But a specialty service that is dependent on cruising, like a shuttle to the dock in Lahaina or Kahului would definitely be affected by the so far inconsistent ship arrivals. With POA starting up, that will hopefully clarify.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/23/2022 at 7:35 AM, BermudaBound2014 said:

. If you are tendering in Lahania (this isn't an option currently due to construction) and want to tour the east side, a ship sponsored tour (as much as I dislike them) will no doubt be less risky. If you are on an overnight stop, there is far less pressure and you can wait out any traffic issue.

Not accurate. Eclipse has had 2 stops in Lahaina since return to sailing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...