Dress code questions

sjde

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

But if you want to cruise for comfort then a pair of Dockers ...

Like all poorly tailored clothing Dockers are not comfortable. Men put up with them because they are relatively inexpensive.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brisalta said:

Like all poorly tailored clothing Dockers are not comfortable. Men put up with them because they are relatively inexpensive.

Actually my husband wears his jeans to dinner every night. There's nothing more comfortable than an old pair of jeans that have been washed many times. 

I have two teen boys.  They wear joggers or shorts to the dining room.  They watch to see if other guys are allowed into the dining room wearing shorts and then they'll wear them after they see it's being allowed.  My boys will either wear joggers and shorts with a T-shirt on normal nights.  On formal nights they will wear fitted joggers and a button down shirt with a collar.  For shoes, they wear their Keen sandals on normal nights and Vans on formal nights.

Edited by atobols

On 4/20/2022 at 10:51 PM, sjde said:

First of all , do all the men really wear a sport coat or suit? 

Not I on our 3/12 thru 3/28 cruise.  I was in my kaki pants and a dress shirt.  I was not denied entry on "formal" nights nor was I out of place.  

I learned from the fine folks on here beforehand that the coat/tie was not really required and it's another reason to love cruise critic.

I was not sure why Princess was inconsistent with saying one thing and doing another and then after our first Princess, I realized that is the way they roll.....Probably explains why they have the "best internet at sea" but we had none...Also, why they are all about "medallion class" but it did not work onboard.   Why they say they offer traditional dining but it requires begging at the MDR door if you can "please allow us to sit at table 254 tonight" please, please.....And why they said we were going to Casablanca until the day before and we did not....LOL......

Good times....don't worry about what they print......It's all good.....

Edited by FlaMariner