When and Where do FCD show up?

Tedferg

We bought FCD each on recent Apr 2 cruise. I believe these are charged to our Credit Card separately from cruise charges. I have not seen a charge yet. Also where would they show in our on line account?

ETA Chat session advised to call Princess - apparently Chat cannot help.

Edited by Tedferg

7 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

We bought FCD each on recent Apr 2 cruise. I believe these are charged to our Credit Card separately from cruise charges. I have not seen a charge yet. Also where would they show in our on line account?

I’m currently on the Ruby and I purchased the FCD’s through the app. on Tuesday.  I received an FCD conformation email the next day.  The credit card charge also was applied with the same date.  The FCDs are already in my princess account under future cruise credits.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, t&atravel said:

I’m currently on the Ruby and I purchased the FCD’s through the app. on Tuesday.  I received an FCD conformation email the next day.  The credit card charge also was applied with the same date.  The FCDs are already in my princess account under future cruise credits.

Thanks, we went to the cruise services location and a helpful guy at the door showed us how easy it was to purchase FCD using the App. I guess it did not work 😞

@Tedferg I am so sorry your app FCD did not get processed.  I don't think Princess will own up to that error and back date your "purchase" since nothing was charged to your account.  

Guess you will have to jump on another quick cruise.  

Not that I don't trust technology (aka Medallion Class App)...but I don't. 

On 4/22/2022 at 1:55 PM, cr8tiv1 said:

@Tedferg I am so sorry your app FCD did not get processed.  I don't think Princess will own up to that error and back date your "purchase" since nothing was charged to your account.  

Guess you will have to jump on another quick cruise.  

Not that I don't trust technology (aka Medallion Class App)...but I don't. 

0I will call Princess next week, but as you say, not expecting too much.

40 minutes ago, Tedferg said:

Thanks, Thrak I checked there, and nothing shows. The only point is the extra OBC. Maybe I can talk Princess into some OBC if they do not let us have FCD.

Princess used to have an email inviting you to purchase FCDs after you disembark.  I don't think it came with the same perks (OBC).  Hopefully they will offer you the same FCD credit without....

On 4/22/2022 at 2:26 PM, Tedferg said:

Thanks, we went to the cruise services location and a helpful guy at the door showed us how easy it was to purchase FCD using the App. I guess it did not work 😞

I ordered several FCD's on our last cruise (pre-Covid near end of 2019) and the process certainly worked then.  I guess you didn't know to check and follow-up while on board because the process should be very quick.  When I used to turn in the form, the Future Cruise Rep would process same or next day and the confirmation emails would be received within a day or less.  Did you keep any screen shots you might try to convince them to allow a post-purchase?  Sorry this happened; not sure best way to try and appeal once off the ship.

12 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

When I used to turn in the form, the Future Cruise Rep would process same or next day and the confirmation emails would be received within a day or less.  Did you keep any screen shots you might try to convince them to allow a post-purchase?  

Previously we had filled in the form and put it in the drop box. The rep was pleased to show us how it worked on the App and it did not occur to me to take screen shots. As I said, it is not important, we will be OK if our future deposit is higher and the OBC is not huge. Curiosity on how system works, more than anything else.

I tried Chat again, out of curiosity. She said to purchase FCD using princess@sea to avoid long hold times on phone. Have you heard of princess@sea ?

I thought FCD could only be purchased onboard.

BTW this is academic now, the reduced deposit using FCD is not important and FCD OBC would most likely be just $50 each. Not worth a lot of hassle. I followwed up because I though Medallion purchase might just be slow in processing.

ETA seems like princess@sea is an app, probably predating Medallionclass. I guess Chat misunderstood my question.

Edited by Tedferg

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, villauk said:

Can you purchase FCD for other Princess cruisers whilst you are on a cruise but they aren’t e.g. can you gift them a FCD?

Just now, villauk said:

Thanks. We’ll try onboard and see what they say 👍.

Wife and daughter were on a cruise back in 2017 I think and they asked because I wanted to get some, along with wife, but only daughter could get one since I was not sailing.  I know it is almost 5 years later, but have not heard of a policy change.  All they can do is say "No", right?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1