How is the internet on Grandeur of the Seas?

Can anyone tell me how the internet was on Grandeur?  We are sailing in May and will need to work while on board.  I know it should be a vacation but sometimes you just need to work.

I would appreciate anyone who can let me know if I will have problems.

Thanks!!

12 hours ago, cindytx3092 said:

Can anyone tell me how the internet was on Grandeur?  We are sailing in May and will need to work while on board.  I know it should be a vacation but sometimes you just need to work.

Thanks!!

It's really good on deck 6, diamond lounge, back of Windjammer...

4 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Are you sure you are on the Grandeur?

I think they scrapped all those old ship a few years ago..

Pretty sure I can remember which ship I was on just a few weeks ago 😜

DDAE1B5A-0C88-405D-AF9E-4A267329A930.jpeg

• Haha 2

On 4/23/2022 at 2:14 AM, cindytx3092 said:

Thanks!!

Fastest at sea. Have you ever heard of "super mario" the guy who lives onboard the royals ships and has since like 2000. He is able to run his business which his runs onboard because of the speed of the internet. And the internet speed was the clincher in him choosing royal.

8 hours ago, matj2000 said:

Are you sure you are on the Grandeur?

I think they scrapped all those old ship a few years ago..

Two Vision class ships (Legend and Splendour) were moved out of the fleet, but they are still sailing.

• 2 weeks later...

Depends which package you buy. If you get the basic plan its around $20/day/device and speed is slow and sluggish but its enough for facebook and emails. But forget youtube or any streaming.

41 minutes ago, Akkers said:

Depends which package you buy. If you get the basic plan its around $20/day/device and speed is slow and sluggish but its enough for facebook and emails. But forget youtube or any streaming.

So true!  You will have the best results with the Surf and Stream package. . . and as has been mentioned--no matter which package you get you may have poorer reception in the cabin.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was on last week, and it was fair to poor 😞 Not so much the internet, but the WiFi was REALLY spotty making the app almost useless most of the time.

I was only able to stream sitting on deck 6 and then not great. Surfing was OK in the "core" of the ship, but pretty bad around the edges, virtually zero in a deck 7 cabin midship.

Was bundled in the Key (never again) so didn't hassle with trying to get a refund.

I did use the PC in the Internet Cafe one morning and it was on a wired connection instead of WiFi so much better.