Live from the Caribbean Princess: Panama Canal - Apr 26 to May 14 - SF to FTL

Ken the cruiser

22 minutes ago, Alabaster Cruiser said:

Thanks Ken for your postings.  We are 2 of those 3000 people getting on Caribbean Princess today.  We started back sailing post Covid in September on Edge with 487 passengers.  This will be our 15th cruise post Covid and each time there have been increasing numbers.  Sounds like we are on a full one today!  Glad that cruising is surviving so well but we Really enjoyed those smaller numbers.  Safe travels....

Thanks and I think your right. The days of 25-50% capacity cruises seem to becoming more of a memory as cruising continues to gain momentum. 

Have a great cruise and I hope the ship doesn’t feel too crowded for you!

Edited by Ken the cruiser

Many thanks Ken and fellow contributors for the extensive posting and providing information!  Not looking forward to such a full ship on the 21st.  We really enjoyed the lower counts on August Apex (12%) and March Edge (50%).  Continued safe travels!

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We’re sitting in the FtL airport waiting for our 1 pm flight to board. Hopefully all goes well and we will be back home before 8 pm. 🤞

image.thumb.jpg.4bd360df6611a4f92082ec97f0191350.jpg

We always hate the leaving part.. 

Safe travels. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Thanks and I think your right. The days of 25-50% capacity cruises seem to becoming more of a memory as cruising continues to gain momentum. 

Have a great cruise and I hope the ship doesn’t feel too crowded for you!

One of the best "Live" threads we've seen.  Great pics and narration.  Very informative.  Hopefully we'll get so see the astronomy lectures next month.

Thanks again.

• Thanks 1

We made it home last night around 8 pm CDT! Yay!! We had a little delay in Charlotte after we boarded for about an hour. It seems the septic tank onboard was almost full, so we had to wait for someone to come empty it. Of course, as one would expect, they ran into a few "drainage" issues. But once they were resolved, off we went. But the great news is this morning when we weighed ourselves, we hadn't gained any weight from the cruise!! I know, who could even have imagined that happening!! 😀

Anyway, we're now home and planning for our next cruise and hope you all get to go on a cruise real soon if you're not already on one now!! 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

On 5/14/2022 at 10:59 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

Yeah, sure enjoyed it while it lasted...

• Like 1

On 5/10/2022 at 1:21 PM, Ken the cruiser said:

Works for me. Wearing a mask in crowded spaces on a cruise has become a new normal for my DW and I. I have to admit I’ve enjoyed not coming home from our 9 previous cruises since they started cruising again with any type of illness, let alone C19! 😁

I totally understand.  I wear a mask everywhere, I am immune compromised.  I was hoping the United States would drop negative covid test to return from overseas.  But I live with the rules

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/26/2022 at 7:09 AM, AF-1 said:

I totally understand.  I wear a mask everywhere, I am immune compromised.  I was hoping the United States would drop negative covid test to return from overseas.  But I live with the rules

I believe the CDC will be dropping the negative Covid test for entering the US.  

1 minute ago, Denali2003 said:

I believe the CDC will be dropping the negative Covid test for entering the US.  

yea, I will be going to Ireland in July.  Great to know my family and I will not have to test prior to coming home.  Thanks

On 6/13/2022 at 6:38 AM, AF-1 said:

yea, I will be going to Ireland in July.  Great to know my family and I will not have to test prior to coming home.  Thanks

You could always bring the home tests with you and test in your hotel room before flying.  Just so you know if you have to take extra precautions before getting on a plane with 150+ other people.  DH & I tested positive when we came home from our cruise last month.  God knows how many hundreds of people we infected on the ship, in the ports, airport, and airplane.  We didn't know we had Covid.  We wish we had brought the home tests with us.  Granted, there was nothing we could do about it on the plane (social distance) but definitely on the ship and in the airport.

7 hours ago, Denali2003 said:

You could always bring the home tests with you and test in your hotel room before flying.  Just so you know if you have to take extra precautions before getting on a plane with 150+ other people.  DH & I tested positive when we came home from our cruise last month.  God knows how many hundreds of people we infected on the ship, in the ports, airport, and airplane.  We didn't know we had Covid.  We wish we had brought the home tests with us.  Granted, there was nothing we could do about it on the plane (social distance) but definitely on the ship and in the airport.

Thank you for the tip

• 4 months later...

For you adventurers that enjoyed my Live From thread on the Caribbean Princess through the Panama Canal, we're getting ready to embark on a 38-day B2B on the NCL Jade starting in Athens and winding up in Cape Town, South Africa. We normally don't cruise with NCL, but this was just too awesome of a cruise to pass up on. If you would like to follow along on our adventure, please do. It is going to be quite the cruise!! 😀

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2022 at 12:07 AM, Ken the cruiser said:

For you adventurers that enjoyed my Live From thread on the Caribbean Princess through the Panama Canal, we're getting ready to embark on a 38-day B2B on the NCL Jade starting in Athens and winding up in Cape Town, South Africa. We normally don't cruise with NCL, but this was just too awesome of a cruise to pass up on. If you would like to follow along on our adventure, please do. It is going to be quite the cruise!! 😀

For those of you that haven’t cruised through the Suez Canal yet, we’re going through it now and I’m posting a bunch of pictures to my above NCL Jade thread.

• Thanks 1