Live from the Caribbean Princess: Panama Canal - Apr 26 to May 14 - SF to FTL

Ken the cruiser

LauraS
This post was recognized by LauraS!

"Thanks for generously sharing your time at sea with everyone at Cruise Critic!"

Ken the cruiser was awarded the badge '"Live from...."'

We passed our eMed antigen tests today (yay!!) and are super excited about going on our upcoming 18 day Panama Canal cruise on the Caribbean Princess. Our next step is to start packing for our early Tuesday morning flight from Alabama to San Francisco.

Our last Princess cruise was in Jan 2020 on the Island Princess for 25 days on an Easter Island cruise which also took us through the PC “old locks”. We enjoy going to evening shows, playing trivia, going on ship excursions, and relaxing on our balcony, and I will try to post pictures of many of those experiences when I can.

We were lucky enough to book a suite early one, so some of our experiences will be from that perspective, especially when it comes to Club Class dining. If you would like to follow along, please do, and I’ll try to answer any questions you may have if I can.

Here is the 18 day Caribbean Princess itinerary with a link to its current location at the bottom of this post.

1729913370_CruiseDetails-18-DayPanamaCanal-OceantoOcean(NewLocks)-PrincessCruises.thumb.png.76e3b4048100ffd554ada75c4346a41c.png

587934778_PNGimage.thumb.png.e47b6f12b77c99929c67d2e5eb692ede.png

Link to show you the current location of the Caribbean Princess

https://www.cruisemapper.com/?imo=9215490

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 13

2 minutes ago, 1emerald1 said:

Nice itinerary!

Funny thing about that. When we started cruising about 10 years ago, we enjoyed 7-10 cruises with a lot of port stops. Now, as we are in our late 60s, we enjoy longer itineraries with more sea days, which Princess usually has quite the variety to choose from. Go figure! 

• Like 9

We’re currently onboard the Ruby, and saw the Caribbean heading south along th coast of Oregon. She’s one of our favorite ships, and spends most of her time in the Atlantic Ocean, so it was a nice surprise to see her sail by.

I hope you have a wonderful cruise!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Funny thing about that. When we started cruising about 10 years ago, we enjoyed 7-10 cruises with a lot of port stops. Now, as we are in our late 60s, we enjoy longer itineraries with more sea days, which Princess usually has quite the variety to choose from. Go figure! 

You and me both.   Just get me on a ship.....sail for 10+ days and I'm a happy camper.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Tak8 said:

I'll be on the next sailing.  Curious if you notice any of the dry dock refreshings.

7 minutes ago, cruisingpeople said:

Following along. We are on a B2B starting May 28th. Also interested in the drydock updates.

Unfortunately, we've never cruised on the Caribbean Princess before, so I'm not sure we'd be able to tell what areas have been renovated. But I will definitely let you know if I receive information once onboard about any updates. 

But in the interim, here is a link to a CC thread that discusses this issue, with more specific details provided towards the end of it.

• Thanks 3

Ken - We are going to be joining you on this cruise.  We have spent 40 days on the CB with the last cruise being Sept 2019.  Since we are staying in our usual room we will be able to tell if there were any updates to the Window Suites.  We hope to meet you onboard.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, DLSHS_Mom said:

Ken - We are going to be joining you on this cruise.  We have spent 40 days on the CB with the last cruise being Sept 2019.  Since we are staying in our usual room we will be able to tell if there were any updates to the Window Suites.  We hope to meet you onboard.  

Please let us know what you discover. Thanks! I see you're also listed to attend the CC Roll Call M&G. If you have time afterwards, I would be interested to hear how it went.

• Thanks 1

Hi, you are probably just getting ready to board…what a fantastic cruise! Hope you have a wonderful time. We have been on 3 NCL cruises since October…sooo happy to roll the suitcase up those gangways…and the ships wer about half full or less. We are booked on Caribbean Princess for July 2. I’m curious to know if the ships are full, half full or less. Enjoy the sail away! 😊 

3 minutes ago, Vbadams1 said:

Hi, you are probably just getting ready to board…what a fantastic cruise! Hope you have a wonderful time. We have been on 3 NCL cruises since October…sooo happy to roll the suitcase up those gangways…and the ships wer about half full or less. We are booked on Caribbean Princess for July 2. I’m curious to know if the ships are full, half full or less. Enjoy the sail away! 😊 

Thanks! If all goes according to plan, we'll hopefully be on the ship around this time tomorrow exploring its various aspects. But as soon as I find out how many passengers there are onboard, I'll let you know.

• Like 2

If any of you have a problem with your cabins and you can't get help or help from the front desk post to me. I have become good friends with one of the floor supervisors since I was on for 2 weeks in December. I What's App him all the time & he to me and we talk on the phone. He is very very nice. I can do it for you or even call him. But only a real problem please

Kathy

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, cruzrbachoua said:

Cant wait to follow along...if you can would love the MDR menus...

I’ll post the Club Class menus, if that’s OK, as they should be the same as the MDR ones except for that one extra entree/dessert item CC includes on their menus.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, rabin1 said:

If any of you have a problem with your cabins and you can't get help or help from the front desk post to me. I have become good friends with one of the floor supervisors since I was on for 2 weeks in December. I What's App him all the time & he to me and we talk on the phone. He is very very nice. I can do it for you or even call him. But only a real problem please

Kathy

That’s fine, but please open a new thread if you have cabin or front desk issues as I really don’t want this thread to go sideways if at all possible. 😁

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

That’s fine, but please open a new thread if you have cabin or front desk issues as I really don’t want this thread to go sideways if at all possible. 😁

Sorry I offered I wouldn’t WANT your thread to go sideways. 

• Like 1