The Daily for Monday 04/25/2022

richwmn

3 hours ago, USN59-79 said:

I suspect that we have cruised together with a lot of the Dailies.  This cruise was great as it was 60 days that started and ended in Los Angeles.  It was also the cruise where the Executive Officer of the USS Pueblo arranged a tour to the DMZ between North and South Korea.  We were on the Amsterdam World Cruise with @rafinmd and the last Westerdam cruise with @sailingdutchy that ended in Cambodia.

Ray

Yes, that was a great ctuise.  I remember the Executive Officer of the Pueblo giving the abbreviated version of his talk about their experiences when captured.

Lenda

• Like 7

Good evening!  Just checking in since I haven’t posted yet today.  We went clothes shopping today and had many stops to make. Good thing is that we got a lot checked off our to-do list.  Tomorrow is my dental appointment for my permanent crowns. Lots to do in these 4 1/2 weeks prior to our cruise. 

I never realized olives were polarizing. I love them and could easily eat a whole can of black olives, which are really yummy in a salad BTW. I’m looking forward to trying some different types on our trip. 

Bruce @aliaschief & Sue @DWAliaschief — Congratulations on your retirement Sue!  Enjoy your trip!

Gerry @ger_77 — Happy Birthday to DH!  Enjoy the grandchildren too. 

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — you have mentioned you are traveling next month. Can you share?  If you don’t want to I quite understand. Also, never apologize for posting too many pictures!  

Have a good evening!

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

A very late checkin!   We actually had a quick trip to visit with friends since it was warm enough to meet outside.   Thanks all! @ger_77 Happy birthday to your DH! 
@aliaschief congratulations to your DW on her retirement, enjoy Hawaii 

I too like unoaked .Chardonnay, interesting about the aeration.

I think of Istanbul where east meets west.

Edited by bennybear
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Well I am checking in.  It is 9:40 am on Tuesday and we have had our second COVID tests and they came back NEGATIVE.  So we are good to go.

Jim and I will spend some of what time there is left seeing some of Seville.  We were here back in 1982 and 1987 on land trips.  That was when we were younger and rented a car and drove around Spain.  We spent a few days here then.  It was so long ago, I hardly remember.  Those pictures are were taken with film and have not been converted to digital.  

They are going to overhaul our cabin while we are out.  They are going to fumigate it, or fog it or whatever.  We cannot be present.  We were told to put everything away and to get out.

They will change everything.  

When we come back it will look like it does on embarkation day.

So Jim is getting ready and off we go for a few hours.

Then at 5:30 I am getting my nails done.  They are in dire need of attention.  I can’t wait.

I will post later on Tuesday’s Daily.  But just wanted to let all of you know our good results.

@aliaschiefcongrats to your DW on her retirement and enjoy Hawaii.

God Bless everyone,

Terri

• Like 22

CC gremlins would not let me post yesterday so let's see if it will let me just do a quick one now.

@DWAliaschief Sue, congratulations and thank you for your service.

@ger_77 Gerry, I hope DH had a wonderful birthday.

@Cruzin Terri Terri, glad the first test was negative. Hoping the same for today and that you are both feeling better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, Cruzin Terri said:

Well I am checking in.  It is 9:40 am on Tuesday and we have had our second COVID tests and they came back NEGATIVE.  So we are good to go.

Jim and I will spend some of what time there is left seeing some of Seville.  We were here back in 1982 and 1987 on land trips.  That was when we were younger and rented a car and drove around Spain.  We spent a few days here then.  It was so long ago, I hardly remember.  Those pictures are were taken with film and have not been converted to digital.  

They are going to overhaul our cabin while we are out.  They are going to fumigate it, or fog it or whatever.  We cannot be present.  We were told to put everything away and to get out.

They will change everything.  

When we come back it will look like it does on embarkation day.

So Jim is getting ready and off we go for a few hours.

Then at 5:30 I am getting my nails done.  They are in dire need of attention.  I can’t wait.

I will post later on Tuesday’s Daily.  But just wanted to let all of you know our good results.

@aliaschiefcongrats to your DW on her retirement and enjoy Hawaii.

God Bless everyone,

Terri

Woohoo!!! 🎉🎊 So happy for you and Jim. Take it easy, but have a great time and enjoy being free.

• Like 7

14 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

hey an interesting angle for this photo.

thanks for sharing.  I suppose you like others are sad concerning Crystal ships wondering where or how they will end up.

Sad but not as much as others as I had already branched out to more cruise lines as I wanted to cruise more than I could afford on Crystal.

Roy

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Sharon in AZ said:

Sandi @StLouisCruisers — you have mentioned you are traveling next month. Can you share?  If you don’t want to I quite understand. Also, never apologize for posting too many pictures!  

Sure I can share.  We have a Princess cruise in 30 days out of FLL ending in Southampton.  It's the 34 day Fire, Ice, and Arctic Circle Grand Adventure, Island Princess.  Originally we had been booked a June 29 Scandinavian/Baltic/Norway/Iceland/UK cruise for 2 years but in early February we cancelled the entire trip due to Russia's threats and this was before the cruise line cancelled some of the ports and rearranged everything.  That's when we moved our FCCs and deposit to this earlier cruise.  I've been slow to realize this cruise is coming up quickly because of the uncertainties of testing (and where/what kind of test).  It's daunting when you haven't done it before!  Our last cruise ended Jan. 21, 2020 so it's been quite a while.  

Today's worry is I checked the health protocols for Princess this morning (and HAL is the same) and it says I am up to date if I've received all Covid-19 vaccines including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation.  Then I can take an antigen test 3 days prior to boarding.  But we've had only 1 booster shot and are eligible due to age for a second shot (notice it said ALL). The doctor recommends we wait until fall for another booster if we plan on getting one.  Hopefully we can board with 1 booster shot, and I think we will try to get our tests done 2 days ahead of time instead of 3.  I never had to worry this much about a cruise before.  Takes a lot of the fun out of it!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Sure I can share.  We have a Princess cruise in 30 days out of FLL ending in Southampton.  It's the 34 day Fire, Ice, and Arctic Circle Grand Adventure, Island Princess.  Originally we had been booked a June 29 Scandinavian/Baltic/Norway/Iceland/UK cruise for 2 years but in early February we cancelled the entire trip due to Russia's threats and this was before the cruise line cancelled some of the ports and rearranged everything.  That's when we moved our FCCs and deposit to this earlier cruise.  I've been slow to realize this cruise is coming up quickly because of the uncertainties of testing (and where/what kind of test).  It's daunting when you haven't done it before!  Our last cruise ended Jan. 21, 2020 so it's been quite a while.  

Today's worry is I checked the health protocols for Princess this morning (and HAL is the same) and it says I am up to date if I've received all Covid-19 vaccines including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation.  Then I can take an antigen test 3 days prior to boarding.  But we've had only 1 booster shot and are eligible due to age for a second shot (notice it said ALL). The doctor recommends we wait until fall for another booster if we plan on getting one.  Hopefully we can board with 1 booster shot, and I think we will try to get our tests done 2 days ahead of time instead of 3.  I never had to worry this much about a cruise before.  Takes a lot of the fun out of it!

It is so tricky,  from what I’ve read the first booster immunity seems to really lessen after three months or so.   The second booster brings it back up, but we’ll probably need another in the fall as well.  I have read now about mixing types of mRNA seems to result in better immunity.   Good luck navigating this and staying healthy.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bennybear said:

It is so tricky,  from what I’ve read the first booster immunity seems to really lessen after three months or so.   The second booster brings it back up, but we’ll probably need another in the fall as well.  I have read now about mixing types of mRNA seems to result in better immunity.   Good luck navigating this and staying healthy.  

Tricky for sure.  Today the government here announced Vice President Harris is positive for Covid, this after receiving her second booster April 1.  🤷‍♀️ 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Tricky for sure.  Today the government here announced Vice President Harris is positive for Covid, this after receiving her second booster April 1.  🤷‍♀️ 

I read that, but at least she appears asymptomatic. 

• Like 3

OK, now that Sandi @StLouisCruisers has shared her future cruise news, I will let y’all know that DH and I are also on the same 34 day cruise.  Totally agree, all the hoops cruisers have to go thru since the restart is frustrating.  

@rafinmdRoy, our Nieuw Statendam cruise in March was a “test” for Verifly that they pulled on us less than a week before sailing — I looked at it and decided that was just too much with all the rest of pre-cruise stuff we had to get done.  Since that cruise was just a test, it wasn’t mandatory.

• Like 4

36 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

OK, now that Sandi @StLouisCruisers has shared her future cruise news, I will let y’all know that DH and I are also on the same 34 day cruise.  Totally agree, all the hoops cruisers have to go thru since the restart is frustrating.  

@rafinmdRoy, our Nieuw Statendam cruise in March was a “test” for Verifly that they pulled on us less than a week before sailing — I looked at it and decided that was just too much with all the rest of pre-cruise stuff we had to get done.  Since that cruise was just a test, it wasn’t mandatory.

Interesting. We received notice just a few days prior to our departure on Zuiderdam (April 3) that Verifly was highly recommended. So we re-did the whole thing AGAIN (photos, vac hx and copy of card, test results). When we got to the pier, there was a check in desk for Verifly- but, although I looked, I never saw a desk for non- Verifly.  And we had to do our pix once again. (3rd time). (They got closer and closer to “mug shot” quality with each retake.)image.png.059c4af027aec02e3b12f9928bedbddd.png.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, kb4683 said:

Cool that we'll be on the same cruise @kb4683.  I'd love to know your name, if you don't mind sharing, since we may be meeting at the Meet & Greet.  Any other Dailyites going on Island Princess May 26 or June 13?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Cool that we'll be on the same cruise @kb4683.  I'd love to know your name, if you don't mind sharing, since we may be meeting at the Meet & Greet.  Any other Dailyites going on Island Princess May 26 or June 13?

Not at all, Kay and Jim.  Not sure about the M&G, I used to sign up then got busy and forget to attend 😱.  If I go, it will just be me, he’s just not into that.  We are on the spreadsheets and I had responded to you on one of the roll calls regarding how to add photos to the 🤬 app.  BTW, I went into that app and reserved 8:00 dining, table for 2 for each night of the cruise in the same dining room.  Since we booked it as a B2B, it wouldn’t let me book the entire cruise in one fell swoop like on our previous cruises on Regal.  Think that is as close to traditional late seating we can get.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, kb4683 said:

Not at all, Kay and Jim.  Not sure about the M&G, I used to sign up then got busy and forget to attend 😱.  If I go, it will just be me, he’s just not into that.  We are on the spreadsheets and I had responded to you on one of the roll calls regarding how to add photos to the 🤬 app.  BTW, I went into that app and reserved 8:00 dining, table for 2 for each night of the cruise in the same dining room.  Since we booked it as a B2B, it wouldn’t let me book the entire cruise in one fell swoop like on our previous cruises on Regal.  Think that is as close to traditional late seating we can get.

Thanks Kay.  I remember you being on one of my roll calls and recall that conversation now.  I'm the only one to attend M&Gs too, so will try to make it to both segment's get togethers.  I haven't reserved dining yet.  We like late traditional usually.  I think a lot of people will be booking tables for 2.  We used to ask for 6 but until this virus is put to bed permanently we'll all want to be more cautious.  Thanks for the reminder about the dining.🍽️

• Like 3