Does anyone answer their line?

lylabelle1

We need to bump our September cruise to next year (it was originally a 2020 cruise, and covid has been pushing it).  I've been on hold about 20 min waiting for a person.  Does anyone ever answer their phone?????

We usually sail Royal and this was to be our first NCL cruise.  So far not impressed 😞

1 minute ago, lylabelle1 said:

Nearing 35min.... wish I had booked this with a TA, but I dont have one with NCL.  I plan to just get FCC, and will certainly use a TA when I rebook!

I’ve been on hold with NCL 3 times in past 24 hour- each time 40 + minutes.

Our cruise was a 2020 so we were canceled and able to get 125% FCC to rebook.  So in order not to lose that I'd think saving FCC instead of just refunding our original payment is a better option.   I dont want to book it this far out because the same cruise next year will cost us $900 more at the moment.  We can wait and book it later.  We still want to take it, just can't this year.

It's similar if you are trying to get your Bermuda TA issued over the phone, thankfully - it's a toll-free number to call ... 

Problem isn't exclusive to the travel & hospitality sector either ... recently had to get thru a major health care system's centralized appointment system to schedule and was on hold forever, then, when it began the transfer to a live agent - click, disconnected.  It's like playing Monopoly - go back to Square 1 and restart. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, mking8288 said:

It's similar if you are trying to get your Bermuda TA issued over the phone, thankfully - it's a toll-free number to call ... 

Problem isn't exclusive to the travel & hospitality sector either ... recently had to get thru a major health care system's centralized appointment system to schedule and was on hold forever, then, when it began the transfer to a live agent - click, disconnected.  It's like playing Monopoly - go back to Square 1 and restart. 

I know what you mean. Hold a long time, and then when you finally get a live human being and explain what you need done, you are told that is a different department and put on hold again. And after the second long hold just before you are about to give up, another human comes on the line and after you explain again, you are told that what you want cannot be done over the phone.

We live in frustrating times!

This is another reason I always use a travel agent. OTOH your "new" cruise isn't until next year. In all likelihood, the reason the operators are busy is because they're helping passengers with sailings right now or in the near future. I'm a big fan of using NCL's web chat function. I've always gotten help very quickly that way.

10 hours ago, Cruiser933 said:

I have waited 2+ hours for my TA to answer, so switching to a TA doesn’t solve the problem.

Of course you mean switching to YOUR TA doesn't solve the problem.

Not all TAs and PCCs are the same...there are good ones and bad ones. You have to do research and find a good one...and you have to be able to move on from one when they don't meet your needs. If you have to wait 2+ hours for your TA's attention, then perhaps you need to find someone who places more importance on you and your business.

• Like 1