Itinerary Change

1 minute ago, NSWP said:

Let us hope it does not spread, I am starting to wonder if Coral Princess will arrive now, with the 35 day one cancelled and uncertainty of the NZ cruise schedule. Princess must be getting to nervous. No way are they going to leave Coral at anchor for 35 days. Only way out is to replace the cancelled one with short NSW/Qld east cruises.

They won't cancel bringing her here, the restart cruises from June have been selling well. It's only a five week gap which they could easily fill with five seven day cruises from Sydney up the Queensland coast. The Round Australia cruise should go ahead as expected in October.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, springaussie said:

Not surprised this one has been cancelled.

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - CORAL PRINCESS   35 day cruise sailing 3 September 2022   
Please be advised that due to the ongoing uncertainty around the timing for a return of cruising to South Pacific destinations, your Coral Princess cruise has been cancelled.

Sorry to hear that, as it was a such a significant voyage to be looking forward to. Are they offering a swap onto something similar next year?

Apparently there will be four cruises out of Sydney.

- Queensland Coast 10 nights 3rd Sep

- Southern Explorer 9 nights 13th Sep

- Sapphire Coast 4 nights 22nd Sep

- Queensland and Conflict Islands 12 nights 26th Sep

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Oh dear, not a good start. The people on the roll call will be devastated.  Many made their final payment yesterday and today the cruise is cancelled !! Where is the Coral going to go for those 35 days?

Big media headlines today on NZ reopening to visitors from many countries, but no cruise ships !!

Bit early for finals, or is it because it is a longer cruise? Our Coral cruise is for 19th August, with finals due in 3 weeks.

12 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Bit early for finals, or is it because it is a longer cruise? Our Coral cruise is for 19th August, with finals due in 3 weeks.

Don't know young Geoffrey, I was just perusing the roll call and some said they had paid final payment yesterday.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I think the final payment dates are earlier for longer cruises.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

I think the final payment dates are earlier for longer cruises.

120 days it seems. It looks like Princess has tried to give it every opportunity, then pull the pin before final payment which is due on Friday. Alas, some T/A's also add a few extra days to make sure the payment comes through in time. You would hope because of that, final balances are fully refundable without affecting the option of transferring your deposit onto another cruise.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, NSWP said:

Let us hope it does not spread, I am starting to wonder if Coral Princess will arrive now, with the 35 day one cancelled and uncertainty of the NZ cruise schedule. Princess must be getting nervous. No way are they going to leave Coral at anchor for 35 days. Only way out is to replace the cancelled one with short NSW/Qld east coast cruises from Brisvegas or Sydney.

I am not a betting person, but I would lay money on Princess filling in the 35 days with several shorter cruises, initially domestic ones.

P.S. I see that Princess has already announced cruises to fill in the 35 days.

Edited by Aus Traveller
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Aus Traveller said:

I am not a betting person, but I would lay money on Princess filling in the 35 days with several shorter cruises, initially domestic ones.

They are

Image1.jpg

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Yep. I wrote my previous post before reading to the end of the posts. I had been on hold for a live chat with Princess and didn't want to move away from that screen to read this forum.

All good. I'm flying by the seat of my pants both here at CC and on the book of facey. So many posts I'm reading in between both places, trying to get info, and that's how I found these new itineraries. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, springaussie said:

Not surprised this one has been cancelled.

VOYAGE CANCELLATION - CORAL PRINCESS   35 day cruise sailing 3 September 2022   
Please be advised that due to the ongoing uncertainty around the timing for a return of cruising to South Pacific destinations, your Coral Princess cruise has been cancelled.

Hmm we’re coral round Australia 22 October! Does anyone think this will get cancelled????

31 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

Hmm we’re coral round Australia 22 October! Does anyone think this will get cancelled????

I think you are pretty safe with the around Aust in October. As Geoff said, the only reason it could be cancelled is if WA closes its borders. I feel that that is rather unlikely now.

59 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

One reason Princess may cancel is due to the length of the cruise. I think all of the cruises overseas are short to mid length . At the moment the longest Coral Princess cruise up until Sept is 12 days

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stki said:

One reason Princess may cancel is due to the length of the cruise. I think all of the cruises overseas are short to mid length . At the moment the longest Coral Princess cruise up until Sept is 12 days

I’ll keep watching. We’re on four of the short ones out of Brisbane. Then the Oct 11 out of Sydney. Followed by Feb 23 Melbourne to nz. That’s the one I think will have more problems???

My guess is that NZ will open up in time for the summer cruising season, but that they are waiting to see how the initial cruises go in Australia.

Stki has a point - that Princess might decide to cancel the around Australia because it is so long. But, that itinerary is very popular so they might be reluctant to cancel.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

My guess is that NZ will open up in time for the summer cruising season, but that they are waiting to see how the initial cruises go in Australia.

Stki has a point - that Princess might decide to cancel the around Australia because it is so long. But, that itinerary is very popular so they might be reluctant to cancel.

I think the WA could still be the problem, but it wouldn’t be an enormous problem to us for them to change ports. After all the passage contract on all lines has the “we reserve the right to change itinerary “ thingo. I’lol be more than happy to have circumnavigated Australia 🥰

6 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

So is the Hawaii return cruise. I dont think Princess had a choice, it wouldnt have cancelled it unless they had to

• Like 1

Just now, stki said:

So is the Hawaii return cruise. I dont think Princess had a choice, it wouldnt have cancelled it unless they had to

Princess didn't have much choice but to cancel the Hawaii/Tahiti cruise. Too many of the ports on this itinerary are still closed, with no guarantee of when they will open.

1 minute ago, stki said:

So which ports were the problem? Ok I’ve seen the reply from Aus Traveller. 👍

Edited by Cbtours

8 minutes ago, Cbtours said:

So which ports were the problem? Ok I’ve seen the reply from Aus Traveller. 👍

I think that Apia (Samoa) and Tahiti are still closed as well as NZ. That would leave Fiji and Hawaii with very long stretches of sea days.