Amsterdam debarkation

oakgrove girl

38 minutes ago, oakgrove girl said:

The flight I wouldli,e to take departs Amsterdam at 10 am

To another Schengen country, then maybe, possibly with a some element of luck.

To North America then no!

(unless your ship is overnighting in Amsterdam.)

The current situation at AMS has been described by locals, on an "advisory" travel forum, as a madhouse. The airport is asking airlines to cancel flights for this coming weekend. Some of that is due to the spring holidays but also under staffing. That may not be the case when your travel dates come around but I wouldn't chance it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sea42 said:

The current situation at AMS has been described by locals, on an "advisory" travel forum, as a madhouse. The airport is asking airlines to cancel flights for this coming weekend. Some of that is due to the spring holidays but also under staffing. That may not be the case when your travel dates come around but I wouldn't chance it.

I can confirm this; several flights WILL be canceled this weekend on request of the airport. 

@oakgrove girl

It takes only 20 minutes (at most) to get from the Central Station in Amsterdam (which is a 15-minute walk or a short ride with one of the trams from the cruise terminal), but I'd look for a later flight, especially if it's a flight to a non-Schengen country (as VMax1700 already mentioned).

I wouldn't book any flight out of Schiphol before noon at the earliest. After a lovely relaxing cruise, why subject yourself to the stress of very possibly missing your flight home. 

Edited to add that I just came across a similar thread on the Celebrity board:

Edited by Fouremco
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, oakgrove girl said:

What is the earliest I should book a flight to returne home? The flight I wouldli,e to take departs Amsterdam at 10 am is that possible.?

You need to be 2 hours at the airport before departure, there are also problems with bagage people, so the answer is no, try noon or later.

• 1 month later...

I think that’s a sensible solution and probably a relief to everyone who has been at the receiving end of many a disgruntled passenger and staff.  You cannot push people to their breaking point.  Kudos to Schiphol.