Forget lawn club, flow riders, water slides……, you can “Walk The Plank” at NCI. You gotta see this picture 🤪

runningtide

14 hours ago, runningtide said:

image.jpeg.8d637cd1288de266eb395ec2aee355ae.jpeg

Ok, So, what's the point ?

Oh Yea-- it's an Activity--- 

$99 for 30 minutes ( harness included ) or $10 ( no harness attached ).

Photo $25 extra-- 

All payable in advance ( just in case ).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, mikewomb said:

We enjoyed the Haven

I’ve been in the Haven. While it was nice, the menu never changed for breakfast or lunch or dinner and the butler service could not compare to that which Celebrity offers. I was very disappointed in all but one of the specialty restaurants.  But, that’s just me.

30 minutes ago, goldsmip115 said:

I’ve been in the Haven. While it was nice, the menu never changed for breakfast or lunch or dinner and the butler service could not compare to that which Celebrity offers. I was very disappointed in all but one of the specialty restaurants.  But, that’s just me.

Yes, it did not change and I totally  agree with you. As long as we stayed in the Haven it was fine. Had a problem with all the cigarette smoke. We got a super good deal on our 3rd South America trip..for $7000 for the 2 of us in a suite, all drinks, and speciality restaurants…I say if the price is right…

Right, because flow riders and glass blowing (talk about $$$) aren’t gimmicky at all, right?

That plank is actually free on NCL, and is part of a much larger ropes course that’s actually pretty cool. It’s pretty freeing feeling the ocean breeze hanging over the side of the ship. I don’t understand why people say NCL “nickels and dimes” you, when it doesn’t charge extra for anything more than any other cruise line.

Serial cruisers will defend their line til the death, assuming that everyone should like the same things as them. Maybe if NCL wants to step up their game, they should add a cantilevered bar that only moves up and down when unoccupied here and there 🤷🏼‍♂️

On 4/29/2022 at 9:53 AM, go.without.you said:

I'm waiting for water skiing off the back of the ship. They would fetch you with a jetski. I'm sure someone is looking into it.

So many of the ships have something that looks like a swim platform at the rear already; I have wondered why they don't do some waterskiing behind PWCs launched from back there or have a big inflatable waterpark to deploy back there - especially at ports that require tendering. And just think of the traffic at the "Back Bottom Bar".

• Haha 1

On 4/29/2022 at 9:11 PM, zackarykeef said:

That plank is actually free on NCL, and is part of a much larger ropes course that’s actually pretty cool. It’s pretty freeing feeling the ocean breeze hanging over the side of the ship. I don’t understand why people say NCL “nickels and dimes” you, when it doesn’t charge extra for anything more than any other cruise line.

Yes it's free and was less nerve racking than I thought it would be. The Carnival Mardi Gras has a micro Zipline as park of it's ropes course. It was also fun.

PXL_20210906_155440839.MP.jpg

PXL_20210906_155620598.jpg

On 4/28/2022 at 8:54 PM, goldsmip115 said:

If I had to go back to sailing NCL I would want to walk the plank.  It might be the highlight of the cruise.

LOL. Especially if I had to eat in their main dining room...

On 4/28/2022 at 9:48 PM, mom says said:

Let me guess... they charge extra for this?

Unless things have changed, it is included as an option on the ropes course.

Edited by davy jones
corrected typo

18 minutes ago, davy jones said:

Unless things have changed, it is included as an option on the ropes course.

See post #9 :

$99 for 30 minutes ( harness included ) or $10 ( no harness attached ).

Photo $25 extra-- 

All payable in advance ( just in case ).

I love Celebrity and that is my favorite cruise line but my god there are some stuck up snotty celebrity flag waving people that put down every other cruise line.  I had sailed a couple NCL cruises 15-20 years ago and was not at all impressed.  Said I didn't want to go on another NCL cruise.  Then i saw and booked a great deal and really good itinerary on the NCL Breakaway about 4 years ago and it was one of the best cruises i've been on.  Food in the main dining room was much better than my last Edge cruise and the production shows on NCL are also much better than the shows on Celebrity. Is it as elegant, nope but sometimes we don't need that or want it.  Met great people just like we have on all the lines we have sailed with and wouldn't hesitate to go on NCL again if the price and itinerary was what I was looking for.  Try it, you just might like it

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, davy jones said:

That sounds like sarcasm to me.

No " sarcasm " at all.

Holy cow---- I was only " having a little fun , humor , or whatever ".

( I wouldn't do it even if you paid for me ).

2 hours ago, jcpelly said:

I love Celebrity and that is my favorite cruise line but my god there are some stuck up snotty celebrity flag waving people that put down every other cruise line.  I had sailed a couple NCL cruises 15-20 years ago and was not at all impressed.  Said I didn't want to go on another NCL cruise.  Then i saw and booked a great deal and really good itinerary on the NCL Breakaway about 4 years ago and it was one of the best cruises i've been on.  Food in the main dining room was much better than my last Edge cruise and the production shows on NCL are also much better than the shows on Celebrity. Is it as elegant, nope but sometimes we don't need that or want it.  Met great people just like we have on all the lines we have sailed with and wouldn't hesitate to go on NCL again if the price and itinerary was what I was looking for.  Try it, you just might like it

Agree, I have had great cruises on both lines…for different reasons..