Lifecenters.ca

Cruisefanatic47

On 8/21/2022 at 8:48 AM, grimpil said:

yes... i did put in rome time, i believe that is why there is only appts very early, hopefully there is no more testing (this is for a Greece cruise) or more appts become available

Just a quick follow up. I called lifecenters and they said that appt times would open up about a month before hand. Just noticed this am that many new appt times opened up for the date i need (Rome time, Oct 9 in afternoon) so we are good to go

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Sprocket said:

Used them twice in the last 3 weeks using the BTNX tests for Princess.  No issues at all. 

Can you tell me how you set up the things for the test. Can all the pieces be set up before logging in (test/sticks left in the foil packages, but the tubes, stand etc all ready to go)? And how did you set your iPad or phone to keep the camera on the tests for those 15 minutes? Finally, how long to get the email that says you were negative? I'm sure once I've done this, I will feel more at ease. 😉

9 minutes ago, Dismomx5 said:

Can you tell me how you set up the things for the test. Can all the pieces be set up before logging in (test/sticks left in the foil packages, but the tubes, stand etc all ready to go)? And how did you set your iPad or phone to keep the camera on the tests for those 15 minutes? Finally, how long to get the email that says you were negative? I'm sure once I've done this, I will feel more at ease. 😉

I had a stand for the vials from prior tests but left the box unopened until we began the actual test.  They will ask you to verify your ID and then walk you through the test itself.  I used an upside down coffee cup to rest my Ipad on and they will have you position the test and your ID so that everything is visible to them while your test processes.  That takes 15 minutes.   It takes about 30 minutes to get the results back.

They will email to confirm your appointment time and the day before will send you a link to use to log in, I had to click on it a few times as it timed out but they were pretty much on time for the test.  Very easy, and I've had 2 different people do the test and both were great.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, Dismomx5 said:

It was a very easy process, and the tech will walk you through getting everything ready. They want everyone on screen, and they'll verify your IDs first. Then they'll want you to show them the test you're using (so don't open them). After that, they'll step you through the setup. You will all swab at the same time. We actually got the results shortly after the 15 min. was up.

No need to stress out and be anxious, 

• Thanks 1

I understand that they contact you prior to your test with instructions to log in. We are changing our phone  sim card to a european sim card , would that interfere with them contacting us. This is my first experience with travel sim card and i believe it changes my phone # but i have access to email. Anyone have experience with this?

On 9/6/2022 at 8:41 AM, grimpil said:

I understand that they contact you prior to your test with instructions to log in. We are changing our phone  sim card to a european sim card , would that interfere with them contacting us. This is my first experience with travel sim card and i believe it changes my phone # but i have access to email. Anyone have experience with this?

Yes, the travel SIM will be a different number. When you book with Lifecenter provide them with your email address. They send reminders to both your email & phone number so you should be fine.

• Thanks 1

On 9/6/2022 at 8:31 PM, cruisingin2011 said:

Anyone use BC free tests and lifecenter for NCL cruises embarking in Vancouver? 

Not on a NCL cruise but that should not matter which cruiseline.  I used the green box test kits provided free in BC and had no problem.  I believe any government provided kit is acceptable.

• Like 1

Leaving tomorrow on Celebrity Solstice from Vancouver. We had our tests with Andrew this morning using the Government of Ontario supplied Rapid Response test kits. Andrew was on time and appreciated that we were too. We had everything unopened but ready to go in front of us. He led us step by step through the process. After the test was over, we had our negative results within 5 minutes in our inbox.

By far the best virtual testing value available to cruisers.

• Like 5

Looking at using Lifecenters for our upcoming Transpacific, We are from Australia but just wanting to confirm they provide an emailed document with all the requirments for Royal Caribbean (see below), guessing if they do its a PDF thats gets emailed?

The lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. 

Thanks

45 minutes ago, Hammer61 said:

Looking at using Lifecenters for our upcoming Transpacific, We are from Australia but just wanting to confirm they provide an emailed document with all the requirments for Royal Caribbean (see below), guessing if they do its a PDF thats gets emailed?

The lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your negative result. 

Thanks

We use the company for our Arctic TA out of Copenhagen this month on RCL 

no problems 

My family used Life Centers out of Alberta Canada in July for a Celebrity cruise to Alaska.  it was efficient and done in less than half an hour.  Andrew was very good at leading us through the process and it worked very well.  We used the free kits that were distributed by the government of British Columbia to pharmacies, etc.  In March spring break 2022, proctored testing YVR was horribly long and frustrating as appointments meant nothing, just get in line.  Luckily, we were on time for our flight!  Excellent company and we are using Andrew again next month.  

2 hours ago, zoeben said:

My family used Life Centers out of Alberta Canada in July for a Celebrity cruise to Alaska.  it was efficient and done in less than half an hour.  Andrew was very good at leading us through the process and it worked very well.  We used the free kits that were distributed by the government of British Columbia to pharmacies, etc.  In March spring break 2022, proctored testing YVR was horribly long and frustrating as appointments meant nothing, just get in line.  Luckily, we were on time for our flight!  Excellent company and we are using Andrew again next month.  

Andrew did our last 2 tests,  really good to work with cannot recommend them highly enough.

Thank you for all the help and suggestions about using lifecenters.  Did our test this morning before we leave for Vancouver and  our transpacific.    Couldn’t have been easier.  And pleased to say we were negative, so NZ here we come 

• Like 2

Used Lifecenters for my Sept 2 cruise on Norwegian for east coast/Canada. Used Ontario green box test. All was easy. Clicked the link they sent me. Ryan was there early and ready to go. Verified ID, set up pieces in front of screen, walked us through doing the test together. Thankfully it quickly showed negative. Within 5 minutes of the end of the test I had an email with links to download our negative test.

I uploaded that document to ArriveCan, and brought a paper copy. No one from Norwegian asked to see it, just verbally asked if I had done it.

Side note: so devasted watching the effects of Fiona on the ports I visited just 2 weeks ago. The destruction in Nova Scotia, PEI, Cape Breton, Newfoundland will be felt for a long time. My thoughts are with the people of the Maritimes.

On 9/21/2022 at 8:04 PM, Hammer61 said:

Thanks

Hi which RAT test kits are you using?

Thanks

19 minutes ago, razz101 said:

Do you know if Juscheck or innoscreen is on the list

Wouldn’t have a clue! But they are maybe called something else in North America? Check the box for the manufacturer and here is the list of approved tests.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list

Would imagine some of these on the list are available in Waikiki? Maybe book the test once you arrive and have been able to buy one if you cant find any locally in Australia before you travel or are unsure.

Good luck

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...