Chocolate Milk?

Laplayaperson

So, our kids don't drink soda.  They usually only go for water, on occasion milk with breakfast/dinner, but if they wanted Chocolate Milk is there an extra charge for this?  Also, is there even a charge for regular milk or do I have to get the bubbles package for them to be able to have milk? 

Thanks guys!  

Chocolate milk is available at breakfast.  You might have to look around.  At lunch and dinner in the buffet it is available if you ask someone.  They will have to go and get it.

In the dining room, just ask.  

There is no extra cost.

Edited by Ducman

I should have added that you can get it through room service too.  During lunchtime, they don’t have it sitting out but you can ask the buffet servers for it and they will get some for you.  We often times will grab extra at breakfast time to take back to our room and store in our fridge for later in the day.

• Like 1

Most folks these days consider "low fat" milk to be milk, but in case your kids are used to whole milk you should be aware that all Carnival puts out is low fat milk. You can get whole milk from the kitchen if you ask at the buffet (milk means real milk when it comes to cooking). Not sure about getting real chocolate milk...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, icft said:

Most folks these days consider "low fat" milk to be milk, but in case your kids are used to whole milk you should be aware that all Carnival puts out is low fat milk. You can get whole milk from the kitchen if you ask at the buffet (milk means real milk when it comes to cooking). Not sure about getting real chocolate milk...

Yup, It was disappointing to find this to be true but still grateful they had something. Prefer whole milk. 

Edited by cruisingguy007

8 hours ago, Clarasgrandma said:

I should have added that you can get it through room service too.  During lunchtime, they don’t have it sitting out but you can ask the buffet servers for it and they will get some for you.  We often times will grab extra at breakfast time to take back to our room and store in our fridge for later in the day.

That's what I do....

Lots of good answers here.

On one of our cruises our kiddos all ordered chocolate milk the first night in MDR.  All proceeding evening our waiter started the kiddos off with water and shortly after bring chocolate milk without ordering.  One of those memories my oldest remembers fondly of that cruise.

• Like 2

We load up on the little milks at breakfast and put them in our fridge in our room. We also order a 12 pack of waters (super cheap) through Carnival to be delivered to our cabin. Then we bring empty water bottles to breakfast and fill them with orange juice and apple juice. It’s so nice having cold milk and juice in our fridge to drink after a long hot day at the beach or by the pool. We even bring them along with us to dinner and the shows. It’s so much healthier than sodas and the best thing is it’s free. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, cruisinqt said:

We load up on the little milks at breakfast and put them in our fridge in our room. We also order a 12 pack of waters (super cheap) through Carnival to be delivered to our cabin. Then we bring empty water bottles to breakfast and fill them with orange juice and apple juice. It’s so nice having cold milk and juice in our fridge to drink after a long hot day at the beach or by the pool. We even bring them along with us to dinner and the shows. It’s so much healthier than sodas and the best thing is it’s free. 

Great idea! I like it! 👍

On 4/30/2022 at 12:26 AM, icft said:

I had it this morning in the buffet before they kicked me off. It was 2% chocolate milk which is fine with me since that's what I drink at home.

24 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

I had it this morning in the buffet before they kicked me off. It was 2% chocolate milk which is fine with me since that's what I drink at home.

I'm going to have to try that 2% chocolate milk. Thinking about it perhaps it will be like The Chocolate Cow drink of my younger days. It came in this bottle:

image.png.c87c879379e4bfe149ad1f8d007b0e1e.png

It had the chocolate taste but had water like consistency like 2% milk. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore.

4 minutes ago, icft said:

I'm going to have to try that 2% chocolate milk. Thinking about it perhaps it will be like The Chocolate Cow drink of my younger days. It came in this bottle:

image.png.c87c879379e4bfe149ad1f8d007b0e1e.png

It had the chocolate taste but had water like consistency like 2% milk. Unfortunately they don't make it anymore.

We've had something like that for the past 40 years in my neck of the woods. I just asked my 43 y.o. daughter and she remembered it and said it's still available at our local neighborhood convenience store, but it's called "Yoohoo".  I love it.

Yoo-hoo

Yoo-hoo

7 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

We've had something like that for the past 40 years in my neck of the woods. I just asked my 43 y.o. daughter and she remembered it and said it's still available at our local neighborhood convenience store, but it's called "Yoohoo".  I love it.

Yoo-hoo

Yoo-hoo

Thanks for reminding me about that. Yoohoo is similar but not the same. Though now that I've started thinking about it I might overcome my anger at Yoohoo and get some. Yoohoo bought out The Chocolate Cow and killed the product because, in my opinion, The Chocolate Cow was cheaper and tasted better and was taking market share from Yoohoo.

• Like 1

Welllll, as always, one thing led to another, and another, etc. I just stumbled upon a website that lists the favorite sodas by state. Yup. By state. I make no claims about this website. Agree or disagree, here it is.

https://www.eatthis.com/most-popular-sodas/

BTW, my most favorite soda is cream soda.... and I'm NOT from California! :classic_laugh:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, cruisinqt said:

The room refrigerators are cooled to about 40 degrees, right on the edge of safe storage

17 hours ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Chocolate milk in the Buffet on Valor has been Whole milk the last 3 times we've sailed (November, January and March) Love it in my "I don't drink coffee... except my half cold coffee and half chocolate milk drink" in the morning. Some might call it a Mocha Frappacino. Whatever... it's Very tasty!

18 hours ago, Joe817 said:

Welllll, as always, one thing led to another, and another, etc. I just stumbled upon a website that lists the favorite sodas by state. Yup. By state. I make no claims about this website. Agree or disagree, here it is.

https://www.eatthis.com/most-popular-sodas/

BTW, my most favorite soda is cream soda.... and I'm NOT from California! :classic_laugh:

Love cream soda. When I'm on RCI and they have those soda machines that let you mix flavors I always get get cream soda with vanilla.

4 hours ago, wikoffclan said:

Chocolate milk in the Buffet on Valor has been Whole milk the last 3 times we've sailed (November, January and March) Love it in my "I don't drink coffee... except my half cold coffee and half chocolate milk drink" in the morning. Some might call it a Mocha Frappacino. Whatever... it's Very tasty!

I add a little soft serve ice cream and hot chocolate to the Lido coffee. Actually makes it drinkable.

On 5/1/2022 at 2:46 PM, Elaine5715 said:

The room refrigerators are cooled to about 40 degrees, right on the edge of safe storage

If you keep the cabinet door open and pull the fridge forward a bit where air is circulating around it the fridge cools things a lot better. It’s because it’s not getting any cool air to circulate that it doesn’t cool foods down properly. When we do this our drinks are much cooler. 

1 hour ago, cruisinqt said:

If you keep the cabinet door open and pull the fridge forward a bit where air is circulating around it the fridge cools things a lot better. It’s because it’s not getting any cool air to circulate that it doesn’t cool foods down properly. When we do this our drinks are much cooler. 

We ordered a 12 pack of water last week on the Horizon and did exactly as you stated and the water was nice and cold.