I'm in trouble ;)

gknep

57 minutes ago, Gsel said:

Not only HAL that has this "problem"! I ordered gifts for my grandchildren on RCCL over a month ago. Never delivered. No money back and no apology. I am exhausted trying to actually speak with a live person. 

Go into social media and voice your issues. They usually respond faster.

Edited by OVgirl
  • Like 2

And I don't believe I mentioned that on this same Zuiderdam sailing (April '22), I pre-ordered a floral arrangement (as a surprise) for DW to be delivered to our cabin at embarkation. No flowers.. 😕

At least I received a credit refund (and apology) for this one.

Needless to say, our first post pandemic cruise sail-away that I had planned to be so special was way less than anticipated..

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Gsel said:

Not only HAL that has this "problem"! I ordered gifts for my grandchildren on RCCL over a month ago. Never delivered. No money back and no apology. I am exhausted trying to actually speak with a live person. 

I would go to my credit card company and file a dispute.  No company likes  it when they have to justify their failure to deliver.  Credit card companies get results if your claim is accurate.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, crusinbanjo said:

I would go to my credit card company and file a dispute.  No company likes  it when they have to justify their failure to deliver.  Credit card companies get results if your claim is accurate.

The credit card company will however ask not only for proof, but also what you did to try to settle it with the cruise line. So be sure you are prepaared and able to document all your interactions with them.

• Like 2

On 4/30/2022 at 1:52 PM, gknep said:

My parents are long time NCL cruisers and I convinced them to give HAL a try. They were originally booked on the first Alaska sailing of the year on the Eurodam for 2020 (cancelled) then 2021 (cancelled). Today they finally get to board the ship and the HAL shuttle from the airport took them to the wrong port in Seattle. 66 instead of 91. I have the feeling they are going to blame me. 

Of course, we will. That is what parents do.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Long story short they loved the cruise even though there was a fire alarm at 1:30AM one night and while they were dressing to evacuate the captain announced that evacuation was no longer necessary. They decided to take us with them next year to Canada and New England in Neptune Suites, so I guess I did OK.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, gknep said:

Long story short they loved the cruise even though there was a fire alarm at 1:30AM one night and while they were dressing to evacuate the captain announced that evacuation was no longer necessary. They decided to take us with them next year to Canada and New England in Neptune Suites, so I guess I did OK.

Sounds like. Hope your next year's cruise is great and uneventful.

3 hours ago, gknep said:

Which sailing are you on? We're doing that itinerary next year too. Boston to Montreal.

12 hours ago, gknep said:

Happy to hear they enjoyed their cruise and are taking you along next year on one.  Family cruises are something you never forget.🙂

• Haha 1