Stateroom beds

Hey all,

not sure why my last post was removed - but has anyone cruises while dealing with incontinence issues?

mainly looking for information on if it’s typical for cruise lines to have mattress protectors on their beds?

Thanks! 

Going to cruising for first time this summer and I was wondering if beds on Royal Caribbean ships usually have some sort of waterproof mattress protector on them or not? And if not, is there someone to talk to about that?

also, how big are the trashcans in the room/bathroom? are they emptied every day?

thanks!

3 minutes ago, travelbound4 said:

Going to cruising for first time this summer and I was wondering if beds on Royal Caribbean ships usually have some sort of waterproof mattress protector on them or not? And if not, is there someone to talk to about that?

also, how big are the trashcans in the room/bathroom? are they emptied every day?

thanks!

No waterproof mattress protector. Ask your cabin attendant. Trash cans are emptied twice a day, everyday, morning and evening. Small but adequate. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

You might want to contact the cruise line’s special needs department in advance of the cruise since this is a medical condition. The trash cans in the stateroom are inadequate for your needs, but they can probably provide you with trash bags large enough. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, travelbound4 said:

Hey all,

not sure why my last post was removed - but has anyone cruises while dealing with incontinence issues?

mainly looking for information on if it’s typical for cruise lines to have mattress protectors on their beds?

Thanks! 

I have a friend who has a problem in that vein.He goes to a pet store and buys the largest size doggie pads that they sell and brings them on the cruise to put on top of the mattress.He brings one pad for each night he is on the cruise.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

I have a friend who has a problem in that vein.He goes to a pet store and buys the largest size doggie pads that they sell and brings them on the cruise to put on top of the mattress.He brings one pad for each night he is on the cruise.

Thanks! I do have disposable bed mats that I bring with me when I travel to use along with a diaper. 

was hoping the cruise line would have a mattress protector too as well just to cover all bases!

5 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

Our friends took their own, a queen size plastic fitted "sheet" from dollar store.  Put it under the regular sheet, told the cabin steward.

Thanks! Did they tell the steward when they saw them? Or did they leave a note? Does the steward come to introduce themselves?

or did they reach out before the crisis?

Howdy @travelbound4 emo22.gif

Two of your threads concerning the same topic have been merged into one thread on the RCI forum. Here is the RCI GUEST SPECIAL NEEDS FORM.

Be sure to use the Follow feature on any threads where you are interested in new replies. That way you will not have to go l👀king to see if there are new replies on your Followed threads because they will come l👀king for you as notifications! emo34.gif If you need more info on how to do it, please click the following: How to: Follow Topics & Forums (Subscribed Threads/Forums Info)

Hope this will be helpful and glad to have you aboard Cruise Critic! emo35.gif

Happy sails,

Host Kat emo32.gif

• Like 1