POM to MIA Flight story time

sds

I am sure this has been discussed at nauseum but I just got screwed by JETBLUE. So here is the story I am cruising on july 17th its been a few  years and I know stuff has changed a lot (e.g no shuttles from car rentals or certain hotels) I was flying in and out of fla had great times 1150 flight home everything looked good had transportation all setup well that was all blown to hell by JetBlue they adjusted my fight to 4ish which really screws things up on the way home so I asked for a flight out of MIA the only flight I could get to Newark NJ was 10 35am on my return the 23rd I looked an there seems to be 5 ships coming in that morning I am doing the walk off as early as I can. Is there any current insight one could provide about getting to MIA from POM efficiently with that many ships? Any tips for transportation would be greatly appreciated. I always hear UBER/LYFT but I am sure surge pricing and availability will be limited. Is a taxi the best method or is there a more efficient manner I am not thinking of? I am traveling with 4 others so a total of 5.  I have never flown out of MIA so its all foreign to me and I don't want to be stressing the whole time for the return trip home. I am figuring this will be tight but can be done. Thanks in advance. 

17 minutes ago, tallnthensome said:

What does this have to do with Carnival Cruise line? You may want to ask in the Florida departures forum where transportation Uber, and shuttles are discussed for the Florida ports daily. 

It had already been moved when I replied 40 minutes before your reply. 

23 minutes ago, sds said:

Sorry all i thought I posted in florida departures mods thanks for moving to correct forum 

I don't see any evidence you posted this on the Carnival board going back to yesterday morning. Oh well.

7 hours ago, CruiserBruce said:

As is the very common recommendation here, you set it up so you carry off your bags, do what it takes to be in the first or second group off the ship, and you grab the first cab you see.

One slight modification to your recommendation: 'and you grab the first VAN cab you see."

OP - van taxis are plentiful at Port Everglades and with 5 people plus luggage you will definitely need one.  If the taxi dispatcher doesn't notice that you are a group of 5, tell him/her that you need a van.  The earlier you get off the more taxis available, especially if you are in the first group to disembark.

From POM to MIA is only about a 15-20 minute ride; with 5 you can wait for an available taxi van or split up into two standard cabs - the flat rate fare between POM and MIA is about $30 per cab (no matter what size).