Free ppv movies

3 hours ago, Clambake77 said:

Can anyone confirm if PPV In room movies are free for guest in non haven suites? And they also offer a couple of free room service deliveries also?

These things depend on the ship, but recently on the Jade we had the DVD menu in a non haven two bedroom suite.

8 hours ago, Clambake77 said:

Can anyone confirm if PPV In room movies are free for guest in non haven suites? And they also offer a couple of free room service deliveries also?

We're booked in an SC category, non-Haven "Penthouse Suite with Balcony" in mid-June. From what I've been able to discover (and NCL seem to go to great lengths to keep the Suite perqs a secret) there are supposed to be 2 free room service deliveries per trip, all else at $9.95 per delivery. I was under the impression that yes, PPV movies are free in the suites, but if post #2 is correct and you can't even choose what movie is playing, that perq becomes pretty much useless for me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Was on Joy last week: SP inside family suite.  PPV movies were zero dollars each.

Never ordered room service, so can't say.

Thanks for the info. Were you able to scroll through a list of movies and select one, or did it just play a movie and you had no control over what you watched, as was stated in post #2 above

7 minutes ago, lx200gps said:

Thanks for the info. Were you able to scroll through a list of movies and select one, or did it just play a movie and you had no control over what you watched, as was stated in post #2 above

Yep, pick and choose and scroll to what you want to watch.  I had mentioned on a another thread I was going to watch "Spiderman" and then "Belfast", but opted to drink outside at the Waterfront bars.  It was nice to have the movie option though.

11 minutes ago, JGmf said:

Yep, pick and choose and scroll to what you want to watch.  I had mentioned on a another thread I was going to watch "Spiderman" and then "Belfast", but opted to drink outside at the Waterfront bars.  It was nice to have the movie option though.

Great news, thanks for the confirmation. On any given cruise, I usually have time to plow through 3 or 4 movies while I patiently wait for my wife to get ready for dinner, so this will help  a lot ;o)

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, lx200gps said:

Both

There are 2 (3?) movie channels where you have no control and don't know what is playing unless you can get a list from Guest Services.  Same as watching TV at home.

There is also a PPV movie option where you can choose what you want to watch - available to everyone as far as I know for a fee - which I assume would be waived if it's one of your perks.

On 5/7/2022 at 6:42 AM, lx200gps said:

We're booked in an SC category, non-Haven "Penthouse Suite with Balcony" in mid-June. From what I've been able to discover (and NCL seem to go to great lengths to keep the Suite perqs a secret) there are supposed to be 2 free room service deliveries per trip, all else at $9.95 per delivery. I was under the impression that yes, PPV movies are free in the suites, but if post #2 is correct and you can't even choose what movie is playing, that perq becomes pretty much useless for me.

PPV are currently listed as a free included perk for the Haven & SP guests. You are however confusing the movies channels with the ITV PPV movies.  According to the most current amenities list PPV ON DEMAND MOVIES ARE INCLUDED “EXCEPT ADULT TITLES”

• 2 weeks later...

Currently on Bliss. Have the rotating channels mentioned and also on demand where some are free and some are pay.  

Continental breakfast is free for room service, but if you add hot food it is 9.95. Other deliveries through the day are 9.95 as well along with an added service fee of 1.95

On the Joy last week and we had 2 "SP" - checked both "suites" on PPV, a selection of just 20 free PPV movies in total, no charge - normally 9.95 each per viewing.  Absolutely no adult contents or hidden, not that I can find.  In comparison, the Getaway had up to 60 PPV selections in March for our balcony, not free but NR OBC can be used to deduct from charges to view them. 

After all, these are labeled as Family (insides) "suites" and certain non-appropriate for minors are best not released or accessible, free or otherwise. 

Edited by mking8288

On 5/7/2022 at 6:42 AM, lx200gps said:

I just wanted to clarify for you there are not 2 free room service delivery’s (9.95 charge) It’s actually 2 free snack delivery’s during the week by room service to all SP suites. Haven guests get the daily snacks delivered by the butler, SP suites get 2 of those snack deliveries DELIVERED by rooms service. You do not choose what days, what snacks or what time. Room service just comes by 2 times during the week. 

7 hours ago, Jerzzygirl said:

I just wanted to clarify for you there are not 2 free room service delivery’s (9.95 charge) It’s actually 2 free snack delivery’s during the week by room service to all SP suites. Haven guests get the daily snacks delivered by the butler, SP suites get 2 of those snack deliveries DELIVERED by rooms service. You do not choose what days, what snacks or what time. Room service just comes by 2 times during the week. 

Thanks, this has been clarified on a few other threads as well.

On 5/6/2022 at 10:10 PM, Clambake77 said:

Can't answer your question, just here to comment on your user name. Love it, don't think will have any Elvis movies on there. If that's what the reference is for, if not excuse me.