Certificate of Recovery

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

My daughter tested positive last week.  She should test negative by our cruise on June 6th, but if she is still testing positive with no symptoms, we can use a certificate of recovery from a doctors visit.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com/faq/questions/if-recovered-from-covid-19-need-to-be-vaccinated-or-take-a-test-to-sail

For all sailings departing on or after March 11, 2022, a Certificate of Recovery, for a positive COVID-19 case at least 11 days before boarding but no more than 90 days ago, may be provided in lieu of a pre-cruise COVID-19 test result to board the ship if it meets certain requirements. However, certain ports (listed below) will not permit guests to go ashore using a Certificate of Recovery. The following two documents must be presented:

1. A certified medical health certificate from a doctor stating that you have fully recovered from COVID-19. It must meet the following requirements:
    • Official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider showing:
      • Their name
      • Their address
      • Their phone number
      • Confirmation of your recovery and completion of isolation 
    • Must be typed (not handwritten) and signed by the provider
    • Must confirm the sample collection date of the positive PCR test, which must be a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise
  2. A positive result document for a COVID-19 PCR test taken a minimum of 11 days and a maximum of 90 days before the departure date of your cruise. An antigen test result will not be accepted with a Certificate of Recovery. The test results document from your test provider must include the name of the lab that processed the test, the lab’s CLIA Lab Number or Certification Number, the address of the lab, your name, the date the test was taken, type of test, and your positive result. This can be a printed document, email, or telehealth app notification. Fully handwritten doctor’s notes (such as those written on a prescription pad) will not be accepted. Minimal handwritten components (such as a check mark on a “positive” box) are acceptable as long as the other required information is printed on the document.

NOTE: Though Royal Caribbean will accept documentation meeting these requirements to board, many countries are not currently accepting Certificates of Recovery. In these ports, guests who provided certificates would not be allowed to debark.

The following ports are currently not accepting a Certificate of Recovery for debarkation:

• Curacao
  • St. Kitts
  • Panama
  • Panama Canal
  • Jamaica
  • Bonaire
  • St. Lucia
  • Guatemala
  • Colombia
  • Trinidad & Tobago
  • St. Vincent
  • the Grenadines
  • Haiti
  • Cayman Islands
  • Bermuda

On 5/24/2022 at 5:24 PM, irishgal432 said:

Did you get a letter from your doctor or had to use the telehealth place that charges 60.00?  If the later, can you recommend them. 

For my son, his pediatrician wrote and signed the letter. Brought a copy of the requirements from Royal's website, and she couldn't have been nicer and more accomodating.

For my wife, her PCP office sucks, so we did the telemed. We used Evivia, a telehealth outfit down in Miami. Very easy. Did everything on their website and 24 hours later had the letter in an email.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, xtremegk said:

For my son, his pediatrician wrote and signed the letter. Brought a copy of the requirements from Royal's website, and she couldn't have been nicer and more accomodating.

For my wife, her PCP office sucks, so we did the telemed. We used Evivia, a telehealth outfit down in Miami. Very easy. Did everything on their website and 24 hours later had the letter in an email.

thank you! 

1 hour ago, xtremegk said:

Just looked at their website.  Do you just fill out that form or do you do an actual televisit?  Is there a charge?  

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

Just looked at their website.  Do you just fill out that form or do you do an actual televisit?  Is there a charge?  

You fill out a form. It was either $60 or $70. No separate televisit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, irishgal432 said:

thank you! 

According to Royal's site it has to be a positive PCR test not the other kinds for the recovery letter that they will accept

Edited by molly361

4 hours ago, xtremegk said:

Provided requirements for a COR to our Doctors admin and they are not sure how to compose.  Can anyone provide an example COR?  thanks in advance

My wife and my son are in this situation.  They both had Covid with symptoms around May 3rd.  Our cruise is June 10th so a little over a month before the cruise.

I'm glad I read about the certificate of recovery because it looks like we'll need that for my son.

We had them PCR tested last week and my wife already came back negative but my son still tested positive.  Fortunately we have enough time between the positive PCR test and the cruise for our doctor to complete the COR.  It has to be a PCR test, and enough time fo the doctor to verify that the patient is indeed recovered and no longer a risk to other guests.

We will all (10 of us) be getting rapid testing within two days of the cruise, but if my son were to test positive for some strange reason at least we have the COR to show instead.

Guessing he'll test negative with a rapid antigen test but just in case...

Dan

Edited by The Fun Researcher

Yes, My daughter got a pcr test on Tuesday (symptoms started on Monday), still waiting for results, but rapid tests were positive.  So we are good there. Our doctor will not sign a letter without doing another pcr test that is negative.  WHAT??????  The whole reason for the letter is in case she tests positive.

I think she will test negative by next week, we leave on Monday June 6th.  if not we will pursue the letter of recovery on Saturday.

It my last lift and shift for a Star Class, I do not want to miss it!  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, L.T.C. said:

Provided requirements for a COR to our Doctors admin and they are not sure how to compose.  Can anyone provide an example COR?  thanks in advance

•  

• Here is what I asked my doctor but they ended up not doing it. Long story

•  

•  

• Official letterhead from a healthcare provider, public health official or telehealth provider 

June 3, 2022

To whom it may concern,

The (patient name,address phone number) has fully recovered from COVID-19. She finished her isolation on June 3rd, 2022 and shows no symptoms of COVID-19.

PCR test confirmed at Peachtree Immediate Care collected on Tuesday, May 24, 2022.

CLIA Lab Number:

or Certification Number,

the address of the lab:

the date the test was taken,

type of test, 

and your positive result.

She is fit to travel

Sincerely,

DR

3 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

if not we will pursue the letter of recovery on Saturday.

That's cutting it real close - the PCR test and COR only covers for days 11-90 after positive test, though not sure how well port workers can do calendar math.

Just now, Biker19 said:

That's cutting it real close - the PCR test and COR only covers for days 11-90 after positive test, though not sure how well port workers can do calendar math.

Exactly. June 24rd PCR Test, Letter of REcvorery June 4th (12 days counting 24th).  CDC Letter of Recovery is 10 days from the test.   We may try to do it on Sunday.

On 5/24/2022 at 8:48 PM, SNemeth said:

We used Certificate of Recovery without a problem last month and did not have to test.  It worked fine and they knew exactly what to do when we checked in.  An additional benefit is if you are a close contact onboard you do not have to isolate or test.  

Did you have to show your positive test paperwork as well?  According to their site it has to be a PCR test not antigen or NAAT

12 minutes ago, molly361 said:

Did you have to show your positive test paperwork as well?  According to their site it has to be a PCR test not antigen or NAAT

What's weird is that the cdc travel requirement for entering the US  allows either test for a letter of recovery.

• Like 1

My husband tests weekly for work and yesterday tested positive on 2 separate home tests. He had no symptoms and is vaccinated. Today he went and had a PCR test done and now waiting for the results of that to come back. He mentioned that he has a cruise scheduled in July and asked will they sign off once he completes his 10day quarantine/recovers. What happens if the doctor/urgent care center doesn't want to sign off on your recovery for whatever reason? What else can we do ? Hope and pray that he tests negative 2days prior? I would like a backup to that. This is too stressful for what should be an exciting time

My next question is if one of your stops is on the list of countries that don't accept the letter does that mean you just can't get off the ship there or does it mean that you can't use the letter at all even for boarding purposes?

20 minutes ago, tangled1010 said:

My husband tests weekly for work and yesterday tested positive on 2 separate home tests. He had no symptoms and is vaccinated. Today he went and had a PCR test done and now waiting for the results of that to come back. He mentioned that he has a cruise scheduled in July and asked will they sign off once he completes his 10day quarantine/recovers. What happens if the doctor/urgent care center doesn't want to sign off on your recovery for whatever reason? What else can we do ? Hope and pray that he tests negative 2days prior? I would like a backup to that. This is too stressful for what should be an exciting time

There's a website posted on this thread that will provide him one for $70

Edited by molly361
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, molly361 said:

My next question is if one of your stops is on the list of countries that don't accept the letter does that mean you just can't get off the ship there or does it mean that you can't use the letter at all even for boarding purposes?

Thank you. We are on a 6 day to Roatan and Mexico, so I think we are ok right now. Not the end of the world if we cant get off the ship. We are sailing Star Class for the first time so planning to take advantage of all the ship/activities we can . Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

Just now, tangled1010 said:

Thank you! Have you used this service yourself? 

no  The person in this thread used it but I don't know if they actually have shown it to Royal yet and got it accepted

Edited by molly361

On 5/26/2022 at 5:05 PM, molly361 said:

Yes.  We had to show positive PCR test results from a hospital along with the letter from the medical professional, as well as our vaccination cards.

On 5/7/2022 at 3:32 PM, xtremegk said:

Has anyone used a Certificate of Recovery to board an RCI ship? My wife and son both tested positive this week and we sail at the end of the month. Especially interested in a CoR for my son to hopefully avoid the test at the pier (he's 3.5, so unvaxxed and requires the test at the pier).

I was told unvaccinated can’t use COR to avoid testing.  Only vaccinated.  Two different Royal employees told me this on our cruise this May.