Booking confirmation email?

Minnie29

Phoned Cunard yesterday morning and changed my cruise from November this year to April next year. 
The customer service lady gave me my new booking confirmation number and took my deposit balance. 
she told me my confirmation email would come through within 30mins

this morning it had still not come through so I phoned them again. They tried to re-send it and also send it to another email but again I received nothing. 
has anyone else had a similar issue? 

It’s very strange. I have received nothing.

the booking Ref they gave me is showing on My Cunard but I would like confirmation of my deposit paid and all the booking details. Cabin no etc

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Phoned Cunard yesterday morning and changed my cruise from November this year to April next year. 
The customer service lady gave me my new booking confirmation number and took my deposit balance. 
she told me my confirmation email would come through within 30mins

this morning it had still not come through so I phoned them again. They tried to re-send it and also send it to another email but again I received nothing. 
has anyone else had a similar issue? 

A transfer has to go through a long drawn out Cunard Protocol.  
The booking associate must pass your new booking and the old one to Cunard Accounts.  
Cunard accounts (Sloth) will send you a strange email with an erroneous attachment, being your cancellation confirmation, ignore, followed by the new booking confirmation.  Allow up to three days for the whole process.  Check the new booking thoroughly as it may contain error/s.

• Like 2

Our experience has always been that once the Cunard agent has completed the transfer the confirmation arrives very quickly, and most times before I have even completed the phone call. Hearing of long delays is, for us, an unheard of situation and often I can open the confirmation pdf file and check the details whilst I am still talking to the Cunard agent. There may have been a technical problem very recently, but hopefully if so it will be sorted out quickly. Even when booking whilst on board at Future cruises, the confirmation mail arrives before we have left the office.

Edited by mcloaked
add word
  • Like 1

One thing worth checking is your email spam folder - for various reasons sometimes genuine email ends up being marked as spam, and if it is in there usually you can mark it as 'not spam' and then next time mail from the same goes into your normal inbox.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, mcloaked said:

One thing worth checking is your email spam folder - for various reasons sometimes genuine email ends up being marked as spam, and if it is in there usually you can mark it as 'not spam' and then next time mail from the same goes into your normal inbox.

This - always this  

1 hour ago, Minnie29 said:

Thank you.

I’ve checked the spam folder and nothing in there either. 
Ridiculous thing is I’m receiving normal advertising emails from them regularly 

I have received the welcome to your voyage email this morning  but still no confirmation invoice as I would to like to know deposit details and cabin details,

27 minutes ago, lindylooellalouise said:

I have received the welcome to your voyage email this morning  but still no confirmation invoice as I would to like to know deposit details and cabin details,

Consider this to be stage 1 - 

Next will be an erroneous email with your old cruise attached - ignore - this to be taken as the cancellation invoice/advice

Accounts will move old monies etc and place to new booking

Next email should have the new booking attached showing all details including financial

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Consider this to be stage 1 - 

Next will be an erroneous email with your old cruise attached - ignore - this to be taken as the cancellation invoice/advice

Accounts will move old monies etc and place to new booking

Next email should have the new booking attached showing all details including financial

I assume this is tongue in cheek, but even if partially based on Cunard HQ reality, I am so glad,  we have a wonderful agent!

So simple to deal with someone who knows what they're doing and who looks after all their clients to the best of their considerable ability by doing all the leg work for you.

Over the past couple of years, like so many of you, I have had to move several cruises because of Covid. On one of these occasions, and I'm afraid I can't remember the details, it took months for the confirmation to come, though the welcome to the cruise email arrived next day. I did book through travel agent, and they got nearly as bored as I did trying to chase it up. It was apparently because it would not come until Cunard's accounts had processed the credit from the previous cruise before it could be moved to the next cruise or something like that. Why it took so long on this occasion, other than incompetence, I have no idea. It was all right in the end though, if that is any help.

29 minutes ago, Minnie29 said:

Just to update you all that the booking confirmation email arrived today. 
In fact 2 arrived at the same time!!!

Ahh well…at least it arrived and all details correct 

Excellent news I’m still waiting for mine from the booking I made on Saturday will ring again tomorrow fingers crossed.

16 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Thank you.

I’ve checked the spam folder and nothing in there either. 
Ridiculous thing is I’m receiving normal advertising emails from them regularly 

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays the marketing department from the swift completion of their appointed rounds…

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Minnie29 said:

Just to update you all that the booking confirmation email arrived today. 
In fact 2 arrived at the same time!!!

Ahh well…at least it arrived and all details correct 

Thanks for the update, have a great trip