Embark lunch in mdr

Be diligent! When you ask which dining room is serving on day of embarkation, everyone will try to send you to the buffet. There is a lunch in one of the dining rooms, you just have to find it!

Alfredo’s is always open for a nice relaxing  lunch on embarkation day but, again, none of the staff want to tell you and it’s not listed on the information provided.

When we last sailed in Fall 2019 (first time as Elite), they were handing out small slips of paper or business card weight that invited guests to the DR for lunch.  We were the very first to board as they had called for Suites & Elites.  Never seen these before, so I expect this was not something new and are not handed out past the initial load of waiting guests.  That said, any guest on board soon enough is welcome at the DR lunch.  It's even listed in the Patter if you see that in time.

7 hours ago, Senga said:

Alfredo’s is always open for a nice relaxing  lunch on embarkation day but, again, none of the staff want to tell you and it’s not listed on the information provided.

It’s always my favorite place to have lunch.👍

Tony

• Like 4

14 hours ago, socmft said:

Be diligent! When you ask which dining room is serving on day of embarkation, everyone will try to send you to the buffet. There is a lunch in one of the dining rooms, you just have to find it!

It's not really that hard to check either deck 5 or 6. 

• Like 1

We went twice to the DR for embarkation lunch many years ago and  found it to be rather uninspiring. Maybe we should give it a try again. What are your favorites on the embarkation menu ? Does anybody have a picture of the embarkation lunch menu ? Non club class.

@Beach Fever:  I agree the MDR lunch on embarkation day is uninspiring, but as long as most people don't know about it, it is an oasis of peace and calm, whereas the buffet on Lido Deck is a madhouse, especially with so many people dragging their carry-on luggage around.  I've had enough of people banging into me with their luggage, of people trying to find tables that they can barricade with their luggage.  And first day, many people go crazy with the All You Can Eat, and bring plates hugely over-piled with food.  I love the buffet for lunch, but not on embarkation day.  

So please let me enjoy a completely uninspiring menu in the MDR and let the tensions of traveling to the port, getting through the security and bureaucrats, and boarding bleed off, while I relax and start to be pampered!

Oh, btw, there is no special Club Class menu.  Same as the MDR menu.

• Like 7

19 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

The embarkation lunch menu in MDR is one of our Princess favorites.  Always order the baby shrimp louis avocado appetizer, a salmon entree and the orange souffle dessert, together with a glass of wine -- soooo relaxing!   

Sounds good. My last Princess cruise  was 1998, but I've always enjoyed the embarkation lunch on HAL, and I always got their salmon too.

39 minutes ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

The embarkation lunch menu in MDR is one of our Princess favorites.  Always order the baby shrimp louis avocado appetizer, a salmon entree and the orange souffle dessert, together with a glass of wine -- soooo relaxing!   

My choices exactly!!  I’m not officially on a cruise until we are having lunch in the MDR 😁

On 5/10/2022 at 5:12 PM, Shaver John said:

Do the also have club class available for lunch on embarkation day. 

We enjoyed embarkation Club Class lunch on the Grand last October.  It is such a nice way to start the cruise...really makes me feel like we are on vacation.  I think they had the full 1st day lunch menu. We were on one Princess cruise, I forget which, that had the really short lunch menu, and I was not a fan.

19 hours ago, Cruisin Kay D said:

oh, me too!  it's something I really look forward to on travelling day.  Peace and calm.  Let the other people scramble through the madness of the buffet or trying to climb over people to secure a spot in the sanctuary.

• Like 2