On Allure Now And I Got Covid So Now What?

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Honestly, if they are all short on staff (and I believe that to be true) then they should not be sailing with nearly max capacity.  Pretty simple, really.

Renee, I would have been much more blunt than you.  I have to hand it to you....you handled it much better than I would have.  I definitely WOULD have high-tailed it outta there and foraged for some grub on my own !  Kudos to you !

Completely agree about them sailing with to many people. I always thought they were ramping up to fast, but I know they want to recover their $$$ asap. This is probably not the way to do it. When I told Daniella and the supervisor they knew I was serious about walking out. At one point when the supervisor tried telling me for the second time that I wasn’t telling the truth I did get a little heated and cut her off. I let her know that what I was saying was true.

5 hours ago, Keksie said:

I wish we paid that.  We pay $70.00 a day plus extra now that gas prices are so high.  Some of our pets need shots and there are a lot of them.  shhh it is a secret but Samantha is getting a little sister.  

I have heard the 30.00 was cheap, but 70.00? Ouch! We have 3 cats and thank goodness they don’t need any medicine. Can’t wait to see more cute pictures. 😻

4 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thank you Renee for the details.

One theory on why the RS supervisor changed her tone could be that she realized her crew was at fault after doing a bit of checking.  As a manager, one often deals with customers that are making dramatic claims (not you, just in general).  And if you are a good manager with a well trained, trustworthy staff, you tend to downplay the issues.  But if you discover that your staff is covering up bad service, then you work hard to fix the issue.  She probably realized that her staff which means she herself was at fault, and is quickly fixing and retraining.  None of which should happen but does in the real world.

Glad you have a good attitude and are going forward from lobstergate :).

I was thinking maybe she went back and listened to the phone call when I originally placed my order. I almost told her to go and listen but didn’t bother assuming she wouldn’t.

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

aren't you like some super duper diamond member or something like that? With all the cruises you have done, you must have a VIP status by now. Her attitude and demeanor were abhorrent, and I hope somebody explained to her how unprofessional she was. I am glad you got your dinner at the end of it all, but I am sad a supervisor screwed up so badly. Not some "lowly" first time assistant waiter, but a supervisor!!!

D+ but that shouldn’t matter. I shouldn’t have been treated like that and others shouldn’t either. I do need to get her name because she will definitely be mentioned in my survey.

• Like 9

3 minutes ago, Sunshine3601 said:

I hope they got it straightened and realized you were not crew so you can order from the MDR or regular room service menu.       

I hope you are feeling better today for your disembarkment.    And I hope that all got straightened out.    I have heard quarantine passengers are either the first off or the last off the ship, again depends on the ship.    Are you moving into a hotel for the duration of your quarantine?

Thank you.

We were able to order from room service when we called, we just had to frequently explain that we were guests but once explained it was fine. I guess as the same rooms are used it just comes up as "red zone". My husband was only the second passenger to test positive, so they just weren't used to it. 

Feeling much better today - I still have a cough and very tired, but I feel like I'm in the recovery stage now rather than active virus ☺️ I just have today left to quarantine - we were supposed to be flying home today but the flights are being moved to Sunday, we think. RC told us to sort our own hotel in Seattle to complete the quarantine - this doesn't seem a sensible process as a regular person booking a hotel gets a regular booking with check in time around 4pm. Luckily the hotel we've booked has allowed us to check in 8 hours early, but otherwise, how am I actually supposed to complete my quarantine?! My husband is done with his quarantine so he has gone in search of food. We'll get room service for dinner this evening and hoping for a hot meal!

Disembarkation for covid guests (and there were a lot by the looks of it (3 or 4 pages of names)) was chaotic on Ovation today. We got collected from our room at 7:30am so I don't think we were first or last off, but we did have a separate exit - never saw any other guests.  But we spent quite an extended period of time standing in the crew stairway waiting for other covid passengers to be rounded up. Again, remembering that these are all poorly people, leaving us standing in a very hot area with nowhere to sit for around 20 minutes wasn't good planning. I think there was a 7:30 and 9:30 round up of covid passengers, but they got all the luggage mixed up. So some people have been bussed to their hotels without luggage, and other people's luggage has done a tour of Seattle on the bus while they themselves are still on the ship.

Chaos. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Ryalie1 said:

Thank you.

We were able to order from room service when we called, we just had to frequently explain that we were guests but once explained it was fine. I guess as the same rooms are used it just comes up as "red zone". My husband was only the second passenger to test positive, so they just weren't used to it. 

Feeling much better today - I still have a cough and very tired, but I feel like I'm in the recovery stage now rather than active virus ☺️ I just have today left to quarantine - we were supposed to be flying home today but the flights are being moved to Sunday, we think. RC told us to sort our own hotel in Seattle to complete the quarantine - this doesn't seem a sensible process as a regular person booking a hotel gets a regular booking with check in time around 4pm. Luckily the hotel we've booked has allowed us to check in 8 hours early, but otherwise, how am I actually supposed to complete my quarantine?! My husband is done with his quarantine so he has gone in search of food. We'll get room service for dinner this evening and hoping for a hot meal!

Disembarkation for covid guests (and there were a lot by the looks of it (3 or 4 pages of names)) was chaotic on Ovation today. We got collected from our room at 7:30am so I don't think we were first or last off, but we did have a separate exit - never saw any other guests.  But we spent quite an extended period of time standing in the crew stairway waiting for other covid passengers to be rounded up. Again, remembering that these are all poorly people, leaving us standing in a very hot area with nowhere to sit for around 20 minutes wasn't good planning. I think there was a 7:30 and 9:30 round up of covid passengers, but they got all the luggage mixed up. So some people have been bussed to their hotels without luggage, and other people's luggage has done a tour of Seattle on the bus while they themselves are still on the ship.

Chaos. 

another Ugghhh!!      3 or 4 pages of names on the covid list is not good!    

Definitely poor planning to have a bunch of ill feeling people stand around in crew stairway for 20+ minutes.    Then to mix up the luggage, OMG!    It's not brain surgery.    

I hope all goes with the flight change. 

I am sure you will feel much better once you are back home.    Rest up for the long travel day 🤩

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

How can you run out of cups..................I mean is this  the Minnow from Gulligans Island on a 3 hour tour?

This is only a 6 day cruise isn't it?

Should be cases and cases of Paper Products onboard a ship of this size?

Paper Yes, Plastic No.

#savethewaves

I am so sorry you got sick.  Being sick with anything on a cruise is no fun!  But, being quarentined is my fear.  I get seasick sometimes so I don't want to be stuck in the bowels of the ship, lol.  You have been talking alot about the food and how you really like the burgers.  So I assume you still have your taste and smell?  When my husband and I got it around Christmas time, my hubby lost his taste about 2 days before he started with the other symptoms but he got it back pretty quick.  Are you going home after this or on another cruise?  

5 hours ago, RFerrington said:

Honestly, if they are all short on staff (and I believe that to be true) then they should not be sailing with nearly max capacity.  Pretty simple, really.

Renee, I would have been much more blunt than you.  I have to hand it to you....you handled it much better than I would have.  I definitely WOULD have high-tailed it outta there and foraged for some grub on my own !  Kudos to you !

Completely agree with you and I think they are ramping up to fast. I really liked having the reduced capacity and that was one of the reasons I booked so many cruises since the restart. 

5 hours ago, happy cruzer said:

Thank you Renee for the details.

One theory on why the RS supervisor changed her tone could be that she realized her crew was at fault after doing a bit of checking.  As a manager, one often deals with customers that are making dramatic claims (not you, just in general).  And if you are a good manager with a well trained, trustworthy staff, you tend to downplay the issues.  But if you discover that your staff is covering up bad service, then you work hard to fix the issue.  She probably realized that her staff which means she herself was at fault, and is quickly fixing and retraining.  None of which should happen but does in the real world.

Glad you have a good attitude and are going forward from lobstergate :).

I was thinking maybe she went back and listened to the phone calls and when I made my initial order. 🤷🏼‍♀️

4 hours ago, Itchy&Scratchy said:

aren't you like some super duper diamond member or something like that? With all the cruises you have done, you must have a VIP status by now. Her attitude and demeanor were abhorrent, and I hope somebody explained to her how unprofessional she was. I am glad you got your dinner at the end of it all, but I am sad a supervisor screwed up so badly. Not some "lowly" first time assistant waiter, but a supervisor!!!

I’m d+ but that shouldn’t have mattered. I shouldn’t have had to go thru that and neither should anyone else.

4 hours ago, Sunshine3601 said:

Makes me wonder what type of service and food quality the crew in quarantine is getting.   

I suspect they are at the bottom of the totem pole.

Renee, you handled the situation with grace.    When feeling poorly the last thing anyone wants to do is fight to get proper warm food.

I hope today is a much better day for you😍 and I hope Mike continues to test negative.

I would hope they would be treated like me with the exception of last night. Unfortunately I wouldn’t be surprised if that wasn’t true.

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Completely agree about them sailing with to many people. I always thought they were ramping up to fast, but I know they want to recover their $$$ asap. This is probably not the way to do it. When I told Daniella and the supervisor they knew I was serious about walking out. At one point when the supervisor tried telling me for the second time that I wasn’t telling the truth I did get a little heated and cut her off. I let her know that what I was saying was true.

I have heard the 30.00 was cheap, but 70.00? Ouch! We have 3 cats and thank goodness they don’t need any medicine. Can’t wait to see more cute pictures. 😻

I was thinking maybe she went back and listened to the phone call when I originally placed my order. I almost told her to go and listen but didn’t bother assuming she wouldn’t.

D+ but that shouldn’t matter. I shouldn’t have been treated like that and others shouldn’t either. I do need to get her name because she will definitely be mentioned in my survey.

I had noro once , and the concierge told me to always call him if something ever happens like this,  and he will make sure you get taken care of. That is what he is  there for.

4 hours ago, A&L_Ont said:

Have the cats even noticed that you are away? 😉🙂

I am sorry that you had to go through all of this ordeal. As a perspective, MDR room service before the pandemic would take an hour to arrive, and we would order when the MDR opened. We would beat the rush, and it still too that long without staffing shortages, shite outfits etc... 

Clearly these are not normal times, but the attitude you encountered last night was abhorrent.  I pray that your surf and turf meal tonight is the polar opposite of your experience yesterday. Your positive attitude is amazing during this soul testing experience. 

Thanks. I’m sure they miss me, but I miss them more. Love our fur babies. I hope my meal is fantastic, but I would take edible and warm. She has really gone overboard with lunch today. More to come later.

4 hours ago, Jim M said:

Our group of 7 was not on that FB page and all tested positive after returning home. The first person to show symptoms was while driving home on Sunday.

Oh no! I hope everyone recovers quickly and has a very mild case.

3 hours ago, Ryalie1 said:

Good for you @ReneeFLL getting your food sorted! I hope you will be feeling well enough for the fabulous meal you should be expecting today!

Just a heads up, I'd suggest starting to insist on disembarkation information as early as you can. We're getting off this morning but have been left completely in the dark - I called Guest Services at 9:50pm last night and gave up waiting for someone to answer more than an hour later at 11:15pm. I won't bore you with a rant on onward travel and accommodation processes as luckily it sounds like you'll not need to worry about those 🙂

My final morning breakfast has just shown up - orange juice in a soup container! They have explained they have run out of plastic cups. 

IMG_20220513_062346.jpg

Thanks I’m feeling even better today. Happy to hear your jail break is today. I’m still waiting on mine. I almost escaped last night. 😁 Hope you and hubby are feeling much better also. Please come back and let us know how it goes.

3 hours ago, jerseygirl3 said:

I agree that Covid will be sticking around longer and perhaps forever and keep mutating.  But we can't compare the 1 million lives lost to Covid to Norovirus and Influenza.  Hopefully it will weaken over time and anti-virals will become more readily available.  

I'm glad you had a mild case of Covid and have recovered.   I lost my Mom to Covid before the vaccine was developed 😞

I’m sorry for your loss. ❤️

• Like 3

After reading all of this, it seems that when passengers are unlucky enough to test positive while onboard and then relegated to steerage, they should otherwise be treated like VIP royalty!  Bring them whatever food and drink they want and make sure it's delivered quickly and temperature-correct.  The emotional effect of being sick and basically being jailed in a tiny room with no human interaction is horrible enough without having to put up with crappy food and beverages!  

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

I can help with this one as Ovation have spent most of this week thinking we are crew. Obviously crew don't get a choice a room service - they get a choice of about 4 options for each meal, and food is delivered to the whole quarantine corridor at the same time. There is a form they can fill out online with their meal choices, and if that isn't done they receive a phone call asking what they're having. I received a call asking what I wanted for breakfast at 5:44am. 

The food is cold, but that's no different to the rest of room service I've received anyway. Not sure it's really any worse than the guest food at all, just fewer options. I'll attach some screen caps from their form with the choices. 

Screenshot_2022-05-13-06-03-46-286_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-13-06-03-50-717_com.android.chrome.jpg

Screenshot_2022-05-13-06-04-07-357_com.android.chrome.jpg

Omg! They did treat you like a prisoner. Sorry to hear this and I hope you fill out the survey. If they really want people to come forward they need to improve the circumstances.

Mine is an 8 day cruise. It explains why I didn't get my cup of ice with dinner yesterday. Also, they ran out of fries of all kinds. 

How can they run out of potatoes? Maybe they buy them pre-cut and won’t bother cutting up fresh ones? Guess they’re having a supply problem with them also.

3 hours ago, MiniChunks said:

2 people I was traveling with just tested positive yesterday, which is interesting seeing as all of the other cases I've heard about have been upon disembark. DW and I haven't tested, but feel fine

Sorry to hear about your traveling buddies. Hope you and DW don’t also get it.

3 hours ago, madiaka said:

Sorry for the loss of your mom.  I lost my mom as well due to Covid.  I agree with your comments of how it can't be compared to Norovirus and Influenza, and that it is probably here to stay.  Hopefully, treatments will be more readily available to people in all countries.  Many people in the countries that we visit don't have access to the same medical care, vaccinations and medicines that we take for granted, so it is much more serious than a "cold or flu" to some.  

I am thankful to the OP for sharing the experience of testing positive on the ship.  To the OP: Get well soon, and I hope you don't have any lingering effects from Covid.

Thanks. Also sorry for the loss of your mom. I have heard about the lingering effects some people have. Hoping I’m able to avoid those but time will tell.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Ryalie1 said:

Thank you.

Chaos. 

Sorry to hear your debarkation didn’t go very well. Thank goodness I won’t have to deal with Royal and a hotel situation. I’m lucky that I live close by.

38 minutes ago, cruisebabe50 said:

I am so sorry you got sick.  Being sick with anything on a cruise is no fun!  But, being quarentined is my fear.  I get seasick sometimes so I don't want to be stuck in the bowels of the ship, lol.  You have been talking alot about the food and how you really like the burgers.  So I assume you still have your taste and smell?  When my husband and I got it around Christmas time, my hubby lost his taste about 2 days before he started with the other symptoms but he got it back pretty quick.  Are you going home after this or on another cruise?  

Unfortunately I never lost my taste or smell. Just think how much better the food would have been. 😁 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rudeney said:

After reading all of this, it seems that when passengers are unlucky enough to test positive while onboard and then relegated to steerage, they should otherwise be treated like VIP royalty!  Bring them whatever food and drink they want and make sure it's delivered quickly and temperature-correct.  The emotional effect of being sick and basically being jailed in a tiny room with no human interaction is horrible enough without having to put up with crappy food and beverages!  

Seriously one of the best comments I've read!

M

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Question about quarantine after getting off the ship in Florida - Miami. Do you have to quarantine in a hotel in Florida or do you get to just go home (if you were on the ship sick w covid and isolated in the bowels of the ship as posted on this thread. Thanks. 

14 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Not from the pics of the dreaded soup containers folks keep sharing😉

Are you talking about old pictures with a tray with a soup containers and paper cup on  it? If so that picture was taken awhile ago, I think maybe they are saying they are NOW out of paper cups too.

15 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

What is the length of quarantine required now? What if you need to fly home? Is it hotel near the port and then a new commercial flight once you are cleared?

"Required" by whom?  The CDC has recommendations, but really can't make anyone do them once ashore.  Royal has their own guidelines for while you are on the ship.

Edited by BND
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BND said:

"Required" by whom?  The CDC has recommendations, but really can't make anyone do them once ashore.

Do airlines no longer ask if you have tested positive/have symptoms in the last X number of days? I'm assuming that's a problem for people coming off ships where they have tested positive onboard. Perhaps it's not asked anymore??

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Are you talking about old pictures with a tray with a soup containers and paper cup on  it? If so that picture was taken awhile ago, I think maybe they are saying they are NOW out of paper cups too.

Ryalie was on one of alaskan sailings - I think Ovation out of Seattle.   I believe this was the 2nd cruise for this ship as it has been out of service since last fall.     Maybe they are waiting for new delivery of cups ??    I want to see what if you get wine in a soup cup😁

11 minutes ago, Jasukkie said:

Do airlines no longer ask if you have tested positive/have symptoms in the last X number of days? I'm assuming that's a problem for people coming off ships where they have tested positive onboard. Perhaps it's not asked anymore??

No idea.  Not everyone flies to/from a cruise.  Your original post about quarantine "requirements" wasn't clear as to who you thought required quarantine.    

Edited by BND

19 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

May have missed, but have not read any ship out of paper soup containers

Reading the comments here and a few other threads makes me realize that we did the right thing with canceling our trip next Saturday to Italy. We were going to be gone for almost three weeks with time spent in Italy before and after a cruise on the Edge. We worried about testing to board the ship and then testing to come home after the cruise and time in Rome. We have put this trip on hold for two years and waiting for one more year wont hurt.

We have decided to do cruises on the Navigator and Solstice. Both are out of L.A and close to home with no flying involved if we get sick. We’re actually enjoying the three and four night cruises on the NV. Have a number more scheduled to get us through the summer. 

The cruise lines need to step it up and do a better job with handling the cases on board. I feel like they started to run before they could walk. Slow it down. 

• Like 5