On Allure Now And I Got Covid So Now What?

52 minutes ago, ReneeFLL said:

Lately it seems most of the Ubers we have been taking have been wearing masks, but not all. A few even with the KN95 masks. Royal did leave 2 KN95 masks in this room the are prepackaged. 

I have heard Royal arranges cars to get quarantine  people to hotels.   They probably can arrange one to get you and Mike home.   Doesn't hurt to ask.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Ashland said:

Any compensation if we were staying in an OS and they had to move us to an OV...that would suck !!!

Might be best to book inside cabins for awhile, this way if you get quarantined it will feel like an upgrade going to an ocean view. 😉

6 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I believe compensation is a full refund

plus you get a quarantine cabin for free, don't forget that.😉

4 hours ago, Ashland said:

So pro-rated for only the one moved ? No compensation for the loss of companionship :classic_wink:

Can't put a price on loss of companionship, it's priceless !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

How soon before the protocols come back and everyone has to wear a mask again? Is that time coming? or is this going to continue to get worse? Before Royal reacts? or are they waiting for other cruise lines to do something first before they act?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Sorry to hear that OP.  We have a cruise on the Allure coming up June 11. 

Kind of makes me wish our entire group (10 family members spread between WA state and MI) gets covid right now so that we don't run into your situation.  My wife and son just had it last week.

We are all vax'd and boosted but dread two things.  1) Testing positive within the two days of sailing.  This is our biggest concern  2) Getting sick on the ship.  This is lesser concern because we are spread between 4 cabins and at least most of the group could still enjoy the rest of the cruise.

Totally agree! Our family of four will all be wearing an N95 or a KN95 a week prior to our sailing in July.  Fingers crossed. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Ukigirl said:

Just have to thank you for being honest. I’m a little concerned about my cabin neighbor, heard all this commotion around 6:00 am this morning and noticed door sign is gone.  He, she or they might be your neighbor now 😬

Thank God, just saw my neighbor and he’s ok!

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Current protocols are continuing to work perfectly for those who both agree to them and choose to cruise.  They also are working perfectly for those who don't agree and choose not to cruise.  It's a win/win.

What current protocols..No protocols on ships now,it business as usual except now since they lifted protocols 5 weeks ago people are getting covid again on their ships.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

What current protocols..No protocols on ships now,it business as usual except now since they lifted protocols 5 weeks ago people are getting covid again on their ships.

How would you stop Covid from being on cruise ships? Whats your solution?

Even with all the past protocols, it didnt stop Covid from being on cruise ships

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

And they do have Covid protocols:

1. Vaccinations required

2. Pre board testing required. 

There are protocols on the ships now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

How would you stop Covid from being on cruise ships? Whats your solution?

Even with all the past protocols, it didnt stop Covid from being on cruise ships

True,never going to stop it completely...but with protocols and masks being worn the amount catching covid on their ships was greatly reduced,but now with no protocols it is blowing up with Many more cases onboard. Just reading threads on all the cruiselines clearly shows that.Do you agree?

Edited by Jimbo
  • Like 5

9 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

1. Vaccinations required

Not correct,once  you get on the ships now.. nothing,no protocols is what is being reported by current cruisers.

Just now, Jimbo said:

True,never going to stop it completely...but with protocols and masks being worn the amount catching covid on their ships was greatly reduced,but now with no protocols it is blowing up with Many more cases onboard. Just reading thread on all the cruiselines clearly shows that.Do you agree?

Covid cases were up on Cruise Ships during Omicron surge WITH Masks required. 

Correlation and Causation are two different matters. Capacity has been increasing on cruise ships, dont you agree? More people=more covid cases. More spread of respiratory viruses in general. 

Do you agree that wearing a mask to a table but removing it for hours while dining in a crowded Windjammer or MDR is illogical? According to your logic, how did that stop the spread of covid on cruise ships. Or people who didnt wear masks much at all even though the cruise line required it. Or wore cloth masks, masks below their noses, etc. 

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, UNCFanatik said:

1. Vaccinations required

Those are the only protocols.  Hopefully it helps.  No other protocols on board.   But, I'm finding that the testing and vac is much  more than any other place I go.  Even  many hospitals and doctors offices have discontinued a masking requirement.  

M

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Those are the only protocols.  Hopefully it helps.  No other protocols on board.   But, I'm finding that the testing and vac is much  more than any other place I go.  Even  many hospitals and doctors offices have discontinued a masking requirement.  

M

And I would ask you as well, when they had masking protocols, do you think they were effective when 100s of people dined in closed quarters for hours with no masks?

Just now, UNCFanatik said:

And I would ask you as well, when they had masking protocols, do you think they were effective when 100s of people dined in closed quarters for hours with no masks?

I didn't question the protocols.  I wanted to take a cruise, so I followed their rules.  I had a choice to cruise with RCCL's rules or simply not cruise. 

I don't have stats on the effectiveness of masking on cruises from September (when I started back cruising - masking indoors) till now (my last cruise was late April - no masking).  

M

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

True,never going to stop it completely...but with protocols and masks being worn the amount catching covid on their ships was greatly reduced,but now with no protocols it is blowing up with Many more cases onboard. Just reading threads on all the cruiselines clearly shows that.Do you agree?

No one needs to get on the ship if not happy with the protocols... or lack of... depending on one's perspective. I was quite comfortable on Allure with the way things are. Never wore a mask that week from when I left my home until I returned.

• Like 16

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not at all cheering for it,  just do the right thing for what is happening now. 5 or 6 weeks ago when people were still wearing masks it wasn't this bad and that includes on cruise ships and land.

seemed like to me during the last holidays and even now the most issues I read on cc come out of florida and mostly miami. Is there cross contamination or why miami? 

During all the issues last holidays I never read liberty out of Galveston had more than a few issues. As far as the diamond ambassador here on grandeur knows there are no cases of covid. 

Carnival spirit that had issues went out of miami. Not sure about the princess ship. True there are a lot more ships out of florida but I've often noticed the big issues are florida departures. The threads where pax were screaming last dec and nye were florida ships. Not proof I know, but cant be entirely coincidence. 

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boy said:

No one needs to get on the ship if not happy with the protocols... or lack of... depending on one's perspective. I was quite comfortable on Allure with the way things are. Never wore a mask that week from when I left my home until I returned.

Sounds like you had a good experience. Glad it worked okay for you.

• Like 1

We don’t have any meaningful statistics on actual Covid counts on any ship at any time…people are tested once prior to boarding and that is it unless they feel bad and get tested again.  Those cute little color charts are nice, but the only way to actually know how many are infected is to test every person onboard every day.  That would still not be perfect; some may not have enough infection to test positive until after they leave the ship…but still could be infected.

We also have more cruising now, people who could be more prone to infection joining cruises, spikes in Covid, etc.  Lots of people caught Covid while following masking policies.

Wear a mask.  Don’t wear a mask.  Cruise.  Stay in lockdown.  Get a shot as often as possible.

At the end of the day, there is no perfect solution. Just do you!

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Jimbo said:

Not at all cheering for it,  just do the right thing for what is happening now. 5 or 6 weeks ago when people were still wearing masks it wasn't this bad and that includes on cruise ships and land.

I personally do not see masks mandates returning for land or sea. 

We did not wear masks for our b2b end of March and ship capacity was just about 80%.    Even with Eric being a transplant recipient that is immuno compromised we felt completely safe.  It was much nicer than our early Jan sailing when we had masks on everywhere including the islands and their mandates.  

I think all islands removed their mask mandates except an occasional store or bus ride.

Yes cases have been on the rise..   This Spring has had a lot of travelers and no masks required at offices (which a large part of workers are back in their offices now) no masks on airplanes, no masks anywhere other than medical offices and even they are getting laxed and wearing under their noses or none at all When Eric went to Dentist the other week (other than Dentist when he entered the room).    I did see a couple more people masked at food store this past weekend then I have seen in several months.   

Cases are rising at my local schools but no plans to require masks, they have not been masked this entire school year.  

I think even the CDC figures everyone will eventually have covid.     I am the only person in my family that has not had covid, knock on wood.   Maybe I had it and never knew.  

The worst about getting on a ship is the chance of going to quarantine and it's a chance people are willing to take since we see most ships are back to full or near full capacity.

If someone wants to wear a mask they may do so but I highly doubt masks mandate will be back as long as symptoms remain mild and hospitalizations remain low.

In Renee's situation, maybe b2bers should still be tested so they don't end up in quarantine on day 2 or 3 of their sailing.   But maybe b2bers want to self test on their last full day to know ahead of their next sailing.

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

seemed like to me during the last holidays and even now the most issues I read on cc come out of florida and mostly miami. Is there cross contamination or why miami? 

During all the issues last holidays I never read liberty out of Galveston had more than a few issues. As far as the diamond ambassador here on grandeur knows there are no cases of covid. 

Carnival spirit that had issues went out of miami. Not sure about the princess ship. True there are a lot more ships out of florida but I've often noticed the big issues are florida departures. The threads where pax were screaming last dec and nye were florida ships. Not proof I know, but cant be entirely coincidence. 

I have wondered the same as we have been sailing out Cape Liberty, NJ the past couple of months and hardly any cases on Anthem or Oasis that just starting summer sailings here.   Same for Baltimore Enchantment.   

Maybe most of these passengers drive to NJ and MD ports?  

• Like 3