Seattle Disembarkation

Hi,

If we are carrying our luggage off the ship (Ovation in August), does anyone know if a 6am dock time at Smith Cove Terminal (Pier 91) would allow us to make an 11:55am flight at SEA-TAC? It says it is 16 miles from the airport (Approx 30 minutes, excluding any traffic). Our only options to fly home direct are 11:55am or a red-eye later that night which we want to avoid if possible.

Additionally, is there an airport shuttle we can book? or, should we book a private car? or are there taxi's / ubers / lyft's actively waiting to take people somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

40 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Take an Uber, that flight time is just about right.

Are there Uber’s actively waiting at the dock? Don’t want to stand there too long just in case! We are “get to the airport 2 hours early” types of people 🤣

2 minutes ago, jerseygirl629 said:

Are there Uber’s actively waiting at the dock? Don’t want to stand there too long just in case! We are “get to the airport 2 hours early” types of people 🤣

If you want that kind of service, take a taxi - Uber availability, timing and price is highly variable.

While the ship will be docked at 6 AM, disembarking will probably begin after 6:30 am.  Shoreside staff, longshore, and Customs & Border officers all have to be in place before they let passengers off.  That said, you should not have a problem catch a 11:55 am flight home.

We have walked off twice, docking at 0700 and walk off started at about 0730.  We were in our Uber in under 10" and at the airport in plenty of time for a 10:45 flight (yes I know it may not always work but it has so far for us). Fortunately you are traveling away from downtown on the return to the airport so we did not encounter any traffic hold ups.

• Like 1

I've taken a flight around 11:55. No problem. Why not use the luggage valet with Royal. I think I paid $25.00 back in September. They do all the check in, give you your boarding passes, and luggage tags for your flight. You leave you luggage out the night before, and the next time you see it is coming down the belt at your airport. It's good on all the major airlines. We also used Royal's shuttle to the airport, but it's not required.

• Like 1

Tried to book a shuttle from RC post cruise but since they said my 12:10pm flight was too early. Any reason that time should be an issue for a ride share as long as can get off the ship before 9am on a Monday?

6 hours ago, tmoore4075 said:

Tried to book a shuttle from RC post cruise but since they said my 12:10pm flight was too early. Any reason that time should be an issue for a ride share as long as can get off the ship before 9am on a Monday?

RC's response makes no sense.  The shuttle buses are out in the drive awaiting passengers beginning when the first passengers walk off.  The last airporter would be leaving Pier 91 between 9;30 - 10 AM once 'zero count' has been achieved and the final stragglers are out of the building.

Maybe RCI had a glitch in its system.  You should try booking the airport transfer again.

11 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

RC's response makes no sense.  The shuttle buses are out in the drive awaiting passengers beginning when the first passengers walk off.  The last airporter would be leaving Pier 91 between 9;30 - 10 AM once 'zero count' has been achieved and the final stragglers are out of the building.

Maybe RCI had a glitch in its system.  You should try booking the airport transfer again.

They said the earliest flight that their shuttle system would allow was a 130pm departure and when I do a fake reservation on Air2Sea the earliest departure time it shows is 2:13pm. I know we'll be back in Seattle in plenty of time on Monday since we're in Victoria the night before and when I did this cruise 12 years ago we just circle the bay for hours until we went into port in the morning. 

On 5/11/2022 at 12:41 PM, jerseygirl629 said:

Hi,

If we are carrying our luggage off the ship (Ovation in August), does anyone know if a 6am dock time at Smith Cove Terminal (Pier 91) would allow us to make an 11:55am flight at SEA-TAC? It says it is 16 miles from the airport (Approx 30 minutes, excluding any traffic). Our only options to fly home direct are 11:55am or a red-eye later that night which we want to avoid if possible.

Additionally, is there an airport shuttle we can book? or, should we book a private car? or are there taxi's / ubers / lyft's actively waiting to take people somewhere?

Thanks in advance.

Agree about Uber/Lyft.  They’ll be most reliable.  The downside, they’re pick up area is the furthest from the disembarkation area (follow the signs).

I had an 11:15 a.m. flight and had no problems making my flight.  But, I checked my “big” luggage through via the service.  

Disembarkation point is crazy with people gathering and blocking exits at the luggage pick up area.  But, you can make your way through if you check your bags through to your final destination.

I actually had time to get to the Delta Sky Club (which is a good one at SEA) for a bagel and coffee before departure.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Ferry_Watcher said:

More to do with getting the luggage valet portion to the airport. It has always only been open to use for flights leaving at or after 12 noon.

On 5/11/2022 at 8:00 PM, deliver42 said:

I've taken a flight around 11:55. No problem. Why not use the luggage valet with Royal. I think I paid $25.00 back in September. They do all the check in, give you your boarding passes, and luggage tags for your flight. You leave you luggage out the night before, and the next time you see it is coming down the belt at your airport. It's good on all the major airlines. We also used Royal's shuttle to the airport, but it's not required.

Port Valet is free.  You still have to pay for the airline baggage fees (where applicable).  I am going to be all over this when we do our cruise from Seattle.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fsufancc said:

Port Valet is free.  You still have to pay for the airline baggage fees (where applicable).  I am going to be all over this when we do our cruise from Seattle.

One of my favorite services when sailing from SEA.  And, if you have status with any of the airlines, where they give you a free bag(s) check in, the service is free.

Set your bag outside the cabin the night before disembarkation and you don't see it again until baggage claim at your destination.

• 1 year later...
On 5/17/2022 at 1:32 PM, fsufancc said:

Used it last July, worked wonderfully and, it was a free service.  Our flights were around 3pm

On 5/18/2022 at 11:31 AM, graphicguy said:

One of my favorite services when sailing from SEA.  And, if you have status with any of the airlines, where they give you a free bag(s) check in, the service is free.

Set your bag outside the cabin the night before disembarkation and you don't see it again until baggage claim at your destination.

So glad i saw this thread.  We will definately use this !

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Bob Merkt said:

Would you chance carrying your own luggage off, prearranged transportation to SeaTac and a 10:10 departure? 

Welcome to CC.

That would be cutting kinda close but doable if everything works on schedule. Most wouldn't chance it.

image.jpeg.77e55bfe5674cac1493ca65eccaa0aa2.jpeg