HAL passenger capacity?

kstrittm

Its occupancy you are asking about, not capacity, which hasn't changed since the ships were built or remodeled with added capacity, like the Vista class ships.

They are still holding a number of rooms for quarantine, otherwise they have no occupancy restriction...they could be full, except for the rooms set aside for quarantine. I don't know the number of rooms set aside...a rough guess would be 50 or so, depending on the size of the ship.

There have been reports of as many as 2200 on Rotterdam for one cruise. 

35 minutes ago, kstrittm said:

Does anybody know what capacity Holland America ships are currently sailing at?  I'm boarding the Nieuw Amsterdam in June and am curious...

Thanks in advance for your help.

My last two cruises on Zuiderdam had approximately 40% occupancy.  My Room Stewards were responsible for 20 rooms but only three occupied.

2 hours ago, Crew News said:

My last two cruises on Zuiderdam had approximately 40% occupancy.  My Room Stewards were responsible for 20 rooms but only three occupied.

I certainly hope your room was *exceptionally* clean!

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Don Kehote said:

I certainly hope your room was *exceptionally* clean!

My two Room Stewards deep cleaned every unoccupied room during their time not spent in mine.  They cleaned my room during breakfast and dinner, but did have time to interact with me whenever I had questions. 

• Thanks 1

Despite what I read on these boards about low occupancy, my March 20 Southern Caribbean cruise on the Rotterdam was at 92%.  This was straight from the captain.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Roz said:

Despite what I read on these boards about low occupancy, my March 20 Southern Caribbean cruise on the Rotterdam was at 92%.  This was straight from the captain.

I think Rotterdam is an exception since it is a new ship.  I sailed transatlantic the same day Rotterdam sailed.  The NS was less than 50% and Rotterdam was near capacity.   New ships always have strong demand and there was a time you had to book in far advance to even sail a new ship.   I am still sailing on another line and it is at 50% too.  

That said I do expect Alaskan sailings to be near full.  Until the testing rule is lifted international cruises are going to be low capacity 

• Like 1

On our April cruise on the Nieuw Amsterdam to Vancouver we had aprox. 845 passengers out of Ft. Lauderdale with 400 getting off in San Diego and another 200 getting on for a new count of aprox. 645 to Vancouver with 735 crew members on board.  NA has a max passenger total of aprox. 2106. I had a discussion with an officer and asked him if HAL restricted the booked passengers to the 845 number?  No, he said that is all that booked the cruise. There were no restrictions on how many could book the cruise.  We had covid cases on board and the ship set up quarantine cabins also.  The fourth deck forward on the starboard side along with the same verandah matching cabins on deck 6 were closed off to passengers for the whole cruise.  And those cabins were used by passengers during the cruise including by me for one day.  These quarantine cabins limit the amount of passengers that can book the cruise or any cruise.

3 hours ago, Roz said:

We were also on that cruise, I was told it was sold out with some cabins of course left unsold for Covid quarantine purposes. 

BTW, it was a great cruise, good weather, good food, good entertainment and super service.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 1