Move Up Bid - Royal Suite!!

sillypuppy

We got accepted for our move up bid today for our Edge cruise leaving May 21!  To our surprise, we received a Royal Suite - not the category we bid on!!  What do we get with this Suite?  I am not familiar with the suite perks and they may be different in a bid upgrade scenario?  Our friends are travelling with us and are in an Infinity Veranda cabin. Can they join us in any of the perks of the suite we have?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

You will keep the perks you booked with as well as the captains club points for your original category.  The amenities of the Royal Suite include unlimited specialty dining and a bar set up in your suite of 2 bottles of alcohol.  You can substitute wine or champagne if you want.  You will also have free laundry.  Your friends will not be able to enjoy the retreat, free specialty dining or your laundry amenity. (They are pretty strict about the laundry.) Luminae is your assigned dining room. Your friends can join you for a fee, $30 for dinner, $20 lunch and $10 breakfast. You can invite them to your suite for a drink or snacks. Arrange the snacks with your Personal Retreat Host.

Since you get your choice of two bottles of liquor and unlimited refills of beer and sodas refills you can have your friends join you for drinks in your suite, no problem  getting free appetizers from your personal room concierge. 

2 hours ago, sillypuppy said:

We got accepted for our move up bid today for our Edge cruise leaving May 21!  To our surprise, we received a Royal Suite - not the category we bid on!!  What do we get with this Suite?  I am not familiar with the suite perks and they may be different in a bid upgrade scenario?  Our friends are travelling with us and are in an Infinity Veranda cabin. Can they join us in any of the perks of the suite we have?

what cabins did you bid on?

1 minute ago, sillypuppy said:

Sunset, deluxe porthole and infinite veranda. We won on the infinite veranda. 

How did you find out about the Royal Suite and if you didn't bid, did they offer a price? I bid on all the cabins above the Veranda and they are all expired except the Sky Suite, which is pending. I really wanted the Celebrity or Royal Suite. Maybe I can still get one 🙂

13 minutes ago, maryannbon said:

How did you find out about the Royal Suite and if you didn't bid, did they offer a price? I bid on all the cabins above the Veranda and they are all expired except the Sky Suite, which is pending. I really wanted the Celebrity or Royal Suite. Maybe I can still get one 🙂

No worries at all. The SS is lovely; CS is nice, but just a very small bathroom.  RS has a tiny balcony, especially for this upper suite.  No worries at all, but getting an RS when you did not even bid for it is not the norm.  I hope this person returns to share more information about how this happened bcause some do really get a great deal!  I just want a villa, but am not paying full price for it.  Maybe Celebrity will comp it for me!!!!!

Edited by Lastdance

40 minutes ago, maryannbon said:

After I received the email that I was upgraded, I went onto my Celebrity account to check out my new stateroom number and to my surprise it was a suite!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sillypuppy said:

After I received the email that I was upgraded, I went onto my Celebrity account to check out my new stateroom number and to my surprise it was a suite!

So it said you won on the infinite verandah but the room number matches a royal suite?

6 minutes ago, prmssk said:

So it said you won on the infinite verandah but the room number matches a royal suite?

There is a similar report here by a member who bid on something and ended up in the Iconic Suite. Amazing!

• Like 1

Just now, Fly and Sail said:

There is a similar report here by a member who bid on something and ended up in the Iconic Suite. Amazing!

That would be amazing!  I would love to know the secret.  I guess I'm not that lucky.  I didn't even win any my bids the last time I tried.

1 minute ago, prmssk said:

That would be amazing!  I would love to know the secret.  I guess I'm not that lucky.  I didn't even win any my bids the last time I tried.

There is no secret or anything you can do right/wrong. The ships inventory managers are just picking people to shuffle around in order to increase sales for lower categories.

23 minutes ago, prmssk said:

Yes the room number is a royal suite cabin. I am totally shocked - still can’t believe it lol

• Like 2

Just now, sillypuppy said:

Yes the room number is a royal suite cabin. I am totally shocked - still can’t believe it lol

Congratulations!  You will have an amazing experience.  Luminae is my favorite part of traveling in a suite. With a Royal Suite, you will also get access to specialty restaurants with no additional fee plus the Retreat Deck and Lounge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Congrats to the OP!

The bidding awarding is done by a 3rd party software called PlusGrade which looks at every possible bidding scenario and picks the scenario that will make the X the most money for the sailing.  The companies below also use PlusGrade.

image.thumb.png.c06f77716d0a56fb5017daa947f61b71.png

• Thanks 1

Congratulations! Hope you enjoy….Let us know how you like the suite. Very mixed reviews on the suite (not the perks). I would be interested if (after cruising) you think it is worth the usual high price charged for it.

9 hours ago, Lastdance said:

No worries at all. The SS is lovely; CS is nice, but just a very small bathroom.  RS has a tiny balcony, especially for this upper suite.  No worries at all, but getting an RS when you did not even bid for it is not the norm.  I hope this person returns to share more information about how this happened bcause some do really get a great deal!  I just want a villa, but am not paying full price for it.  Maybe Celebrity will comp it for me!!!!!

IMO royal suites are excellent!  We had two bathrooms which are great!  Lucky you!

10 hours ago, Lastdance said:

We moved up from a SS to a RS on the Apex and I agree with you, the balcony was too small for an upper level suite. IMHO Royal Suites on the Solstice class are better, we enjoyed them on the Reflection and Eclipse.  BTW, decided to pay full price for a Villa on the Edge last month and it was worth it.  My only regret was going to Luminae the last two days of the cruise, because I got infected there.  I know it was there because it was the only indoor place where I took my mask off. Still a great cruise and an amazing room. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

There is no secret or anything you can do right/wrong. The ships inventory managers are just picking people to shuffle around in order to increase sales for lower categories.

Upgrades are contracted out to a private company.  So, you are saying that Celebrity then decides who to shuffle?  Have not heard of that until you mentioned it.  Do you know that for sure, or just speculation on your part?  If so, this would be a change, as I am hoping you read a previous thread...we really love having the facts posted on CC!

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Upgrades are contracted out to a private company.  So, you are saying that Celebrity then decides who to shuffle?  Have not heard of that until you mentioned it.  Do you know that for sure, or just speculation on your part?  If so, this would be a change, as I am hoping you read a previous thread...we really love having the facts posted on CC!

Plusgrade (the company that runs the bidding) is doing the technical side of the upgrade including collecting payment. It doesn't bump people into ultra premium suites such as Penthouse, Villa or Iconic without prior human authorization. By the time you get the email and can look up your new stateroom number this has already been done in the background. And yes, it's a fact based on first hand knowledge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fly and Sail said:

Plusgrade (the company that runs the bidding) is doing the technical side of the upgrade including collecting payment. It doesn't bump people into ultra premium suites such as Penthouse, Villa or Iconic without prior human authorization. By the time you get the email and can look up your new stateroom number this has already been done in the background. And yes, it's a fact based on first hand knowledge.

Would you happen to know, if there are TWO reg Verandas open and TEN OVs bidding the same price on them how the system awards the rooms?  Does ones CC status matter, does when you place the bid matter, is it alphabetical, etc...

4 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Would you happen to know, if there are TWO reg Verandas open and TEN OVs bidding the same price on them how the system awards the rooms?  Does ones CC status matter, does when you place the bid matter, is it alphabetical, etc...

That I don't know out of hand but I can see if my contact at PG is able to tell me.

• Thanks 1