The Daily for Saturday 05/14/2022

richwmn

Today is Dance Like a Chicken Day, International Migratory Bird Day, and National Windmill Day

Classic - a book which people praise and don't read.--Mark Twain

Meal Suggestion for today - chicken fajita
Drink of the Day - Makers Mark Summer Breeze
Wine of the Day - Fuligni 2016 Brunello di Montalcino Tuscany
Destination of the Day - Philipsburg, Sint Maarten

Ships With Passengers

At Sea

Nieuw Amsterdam   Destination Whittier, Alaska eta 05/15
Rotterdam   Destination Visby, Belarus eta 5/15
Zaandam   Destination Boston, Massachuse eta 05/15

Haifa, Tel Aviv-Nazareth, Israel

Oosterdam   08:00 - 20:00

Nafplio, Mycenae, Greece

Nieuw Statendam   08:00 - 16:00

Seattle, Washington

Eurodam   07:00 - 16:00

Skagway, Alaska

Zuiderdam   07:00 - 21:00

Vancouver, BC Canada

Koningsdam   07:00 - 16:00

Victoria BC, Vancouver Island, BC Canada

Noordam   12:00 - 23:00

Ukrainian Refugee Housing

Rotterdam Waalhaven

Volendam  

Ships Without Passengers

Long Beach, CA US

Westerdam   Anchorage

0514World.thumb.png.e8f4dfa9dabb71ecd5e1f05bf7292155.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 11

Good morning.  Thanks for the Saturday Daily Report.

Another summery day here, high of 25C (77F) and chance of showers.  We haven't had any rain in almost 2 weeks, so a shower would be welcome. 

I usually only dance like a chicken at weddings, but I may make an exception today.  Migrating birds are amazing.  Windmills are wonderful too.

Very amusing and true quote.

The dinner suggestion sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'm sure the drink will be good too.  I hope the wine is not too expensive.

Prayers for everyone.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich. I'll pass on dancing like a chicken.  We gave a number of big fans of birds, both on the Daily and in my church.  Windmills are very appropriate for a cruise line founded in Holland.  I think there's a lot of truth in the Twain quote.  Siint Maarten is a very popular port although I've frequently ended up at a berth next to an oil refinery.  I think I'll pass on the fajita.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Prime Rib of Beef au Jus, and Key Lime Pie as served on MS Veendam May 14, 2016.

Today’s care list:

smitty34877 DS with cancer and now with Covid
Lady Hudson SIL back in hospital with infection
Marshhawk DH mouth pain
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Heartgrove DDIL with covid while Heartgrove needs to visit older sister
Durangoscots uncomfortably close to Ute Pass fire
From the rotation:
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu
Ukraine
msmayor’s daughter struggling with motherhood

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Productive day for USN59-79
56 years for summer slope
Horizon Chaser 1957 nephew helping with sister’s 50th Anniversary
Welcome Home Ancient Wanderer
Welcome home (real from Jacksonville) Cruzin Terri
Marshhawk great sales day
Her Majesty out in public
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
7 days for rafinmd (Adventure OTS 5/21 to 5/28)
leafsnation (Noordam to 5/15), St Pete Cruiser (Wind Surf to 5/17) and Lady Hudson (Oasis OTS  to 5/22)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

• Like 25
  • Thanks 10

Thanks for our Saturday Daily, Rich.

I’ll skip the chicken dance but will celebrate Migratory bird Day and windmills.  Looking forward to seeing some well known ones in Rotterdam next year.

Sorry, Mark but for once we can agree to disagree 😉 I have read a lot of classics and I know I am not alone. 

Yum on the meal for today and we loved St. Maarten.

I have decided I shouldn’t do anything on Friday the 13th - went out early to get more earth for my planters and stupid me, thought the 85L bags would be easier to handle than the bales.  Nope.  And, I think I made a mistake in my math and got too much.  (In my prior life I would send DH out over and over when I was getting low and I didn’t want to make a bunch of trips.). I guess I’ll find out when I’m done 😉   Oh well, remember the signs of spring I posted the other day?

F9999C15-AAE7-41D6-9634-B59DB92E33A3.thumb.jpeg.8841fc16503ffb8f7aeefb292e54ce4c.jpeg

It didn’t take them long to really liven up. 

A86A59A5-751B-4875-A9E3-69FE7CE8C09F.thumb.jpeg.439484f3c4965dcda8dcb2f139909dcb.jpeg

Off to one of my favourite garden centres early this morning to get a few fillers for the planters that get a lot of sun.  There is one I really like that has sunpatients and other such plants but it is near the hospital and requires the road to the hospital.  I don’t think I can handle that right now.  

DF341664-9A0F-4028-B569-ADD926454C38.jpeg.db39232a1dc34b0c13a2d0da61d2d353.jpeg

They are calling for rain for pretty much the next week so pitter patter I better get at her and try to get as much done as I can today.  Cleaning and thank you’s can wait until tomorrow when it will most likely be raining.  Cleaning - who am I kidding?

917213D1-9733-417B-9F75-5C2BC23B7242.jpeg.c2ee1c384d42dbdeee55edcdf5554296.jpeg

My wonderful TA has HAL at work transferring Jose’s FCC, OBC, etc to me and converting my cruise in November to a solo cruise.  Apparently it takes 4 - 6 weeks.  Good thing she started early 😉 

DEE14581-948E-4B7D-B5B1-30718550FD89.jpeg.fc65730ede16e41e41c257ecb16592c2.jpeg

Prayers for everyone on the Care list & for those that need them and a 🥂 to those on the Celebratory / Shout Out list.

Have a great Saturday, everyone !!!!!

1E2C8C1D-F76E-4951-8B9C-37A187B4CB80.jpeg.327f82506e38a785b4980dad2a5f9233.jpeg

Stay safe & please don’t forget your 😷 when / where needed.

• Like 34
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning, Friends. Thank you for the Daily, the Lists and the Recipes.

The chicken dance is fun at parties/receptions. Birds' flying patterns are interesting. Love seeing old windmills especially if they are still working. 

The quote is not true for me, but I do believe it is becoming more and more true unfortunately.

I love fajitas and look forward to variations Debbie might have found.

I woke up very early with an aching head and back. Headache has started to subside so I am sitting with heat on my back drinking coffee.

We will get DBILs room done as far as painting today. His room needs some floor repair. Then on to our room.

Welcome home, Terri @Cruzin Terri

Have a superb Saturday.

🙏 and 🎉 for those on our lists.

• Like 28

Good afternoon.

57°F and sunny here.

We have been shopping today.

Thank you for today's daily and fleet reports Rich and Roy for the various lists.

Windmills used to be quite common in the cotton industry in England.

Now there are lots of windmills creating electric power.

Some migratory birds fly enormous distances.

Unusual quote.

I will give today's food and drink a miss.

Today's port is one of our favourite Caribbean ports with gorgeous beaches and Azure blue seas.

Prayers 🙏 for everyone who need them.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.

Graham.

IMG_20220514_104748.jpg

IMG_20220514_104722.jpg

IMG_20220514_104855.jpg

• Like 33

One year ago today was a good but not pleasant day.  I was up very early and picked up before dawn to University of Maryland Hospital to go under the catheter (plus a couple of tubes down my throat).  Just out of curiosity I went back to my return to cruise critic late in the day.  I had just my IPAD mini so I didn't do a lot of typing.

On 5/14/2021 at 8:21 AM, cat shepard said:

Happy Anniversary @summer slope!  55, wow! 

On 5/14/2021 at 6:43 PM, rafinmd said:

Ditto 

Roy

Roy

• Like 26

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report and lists.  Going to be quite warm and overcast here today, perfect weather to start planting the plants that we bought last evening at the garden center.  Won’t be dancing like a chicken but will salute the migratory birds including our resident chimney swifts who were happily chattering in the sky yesterday.  I guess it depends on what classics Twain was referring to. The meal, drink and wine all sound quite nice.  We’ve been to Sint Martin several times and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  Prayers for everyone on on our list today.  Cheers to all of you celebrating happy events!

• Like 20

46 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Thank you for the Saturday Daily, Rich. I'll pass on dancing like a chicken.  We gave a number of big fans of birds, both on the Daily and in my church.  Windmills are very appropriate for a cruise line founded in Holland.  I think there's a lot of truth in the Twain quote.  Siint Maarten is a very popular port although I've frequently ended up at a berth next to an oil refinery.  I think I'll pass on the fajita.  My alternative is Chilled Pear, Cucumber, and Melon Gazpacho, Prime Rib of Beef au Jus, and Key Lime Pie as served on MS Veendam May 14, 2016.

Today’s care list:

smitty34877 DS with cancer and now with Covid
Lady Hudson SIL back in hospital with infection
Marshhawk DH mouth pain
Heartgrove older sister in hospice nearing the end
Heartgrove DDIL with covid while Heartgrove needs to visit older sister
Durangoscots uncomfortably close to Ute Pass fire
From the rotation:
Cruising along niece awaiting a kidney
Strength, peace, and healing for kazu
Ukraine
msmayor’s daughter struggling with motherhood

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

Volendam housing refugees
All but 1 BHB with guests
Productive day for USN59-79
56 years for summer slope
Horizon Chaser 1957 nephew helping with sister’s 50th Anniversary
Welcome Home Ancient Wanderer
Welcome home (real from Jacksonville) Cruzin Terri
Marshhawk great sales day
Her Majesty out in public
Surgery set for dfish 1 June
7 days for rafinmd (Adventure OTS 5/21 to 5/28)
leafsnation (Noordam to 5/15), St Pete Cruiser (Wind Surf to 5/17) and Lady Hudson (Oasis OTS  to 5/22)  at sea
Koningsdan Staff Captain Sabine - Our first female Staff Captain and HAL’s likely first female Captain(I know this is a repeat but she’s worth it)

Roy

Roy,thanks for the inclusion on the list. It is my brother who has Covid along with cancer. 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Thank you for today’s Daily, Rich. Another lovely morning here. I need to de-weed my paver driveway today. Just the little bit of rain we had on Thursday has sprouted some seeds. But if I keep up with it, it won’t be bad. And next month I am scheduled to have it sealed. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy. Morning Dailyites! Just a Zumba class and chores until this evening, when a group of us wish a friend Bon Voyage. 

128A6201-8F98-4A61-A7AC-157EC0FB642F.jpeg.6598f6f05598bb0866d9eb1a4f16e005.jpeg

My cancer-survivor friend shared this with me. Her oncologist’s nurse practitioner sent it to her.  Sometimes we all need a little reminder.

9C23A031-4092-4397-9D69-77E0FE8D4AC4.jpeg.470edecf0989e0d722cdbbc140ef6622.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! Stay well everyone!

Fuligni 2016 Brunello di Montalcino Tuscany

Another spectacular wine. And although it is almost 50% cheaper than yesterday’s wine, it is still out of my budget range. I would love a taste, though. Several online distributors with prices starting at $90.30. 

Winemaker Notes

Aged by regulations for four years, of which approximately two and a half are in wood, Fuligni’s regular Brunello di Montalcino also has optimal lasting characteristics but is destined for more immediate drinking. With its elegant combination of fruit and spicy aromas, the Fuligni Brunello is, in any case, the result of carefully selected grapes coming from low yields per hectare and is not produced in years when the quality of the harvested grapes is not suitable to maintain the high standards of the estate.

WE99 Wine Enthusiast

Enticingly fragrant, this opens with heady aromas of rose, violet, new leather, truffle and balsamic whiffs of camphor. Vibrant and focused, the chiseled, elegant palate is all about finesse, delivering bright red cherry, orange zest, licorice and white pepper framed in taut, refined tannin's. Bright acidity keeps it superbly balanced and fresh. It's already drinking beautifully but hold for even more complexity. Drink 2024–2036. Cellar Selection

D99 Decanter
The Fuligni family moved from Maremma to Montalcino early in the 20th century, establishing the estate in 1923. Maria Flora has been at the helm since 1971, with her nephew Roberto managing most of the operations today. This historic property has released one of the most exquisite wines of 2016. Revealing its complexities gradually, it unfolds with a smoky flintiness, balsamic nuances and Mediterranean herbs. Seemingly endless in layers and depth, there is generosity but it never weighs the palate down. Powerful, sophisticated tannins are finely powdered, and piercing acidity radiates throughout. Hints of liquorice, violet, blood orange and iron eventually emerge. Lengthy and effortlessly commanding.
JS97 James Suckling
Aromas of cedar, sandalwood and black cherries with some plums. Full-bodied and very chewy with lots of tannins and a fluid fruit base behind it all, providing such beauty and precision. Real purity and focus. Give this two or three years to come together. Try after 2022, but this has a long life ahead.
RP95 Robert Parker's Wine Advocate
The Fuligni 2016 Brunello di Montalcino shows balance and symmetry with plenty of primary intensity to ensure a long cellar life. The bouquet opens to dark plum, dried raspberry, spice, aniseed and grilled herb. I get a lot of Mediterranean lavender and rosemary essence. This is a mid-weight Brunello with aromas that prove elegant and buoyant. If you have visited the Fuligni estate, you may agree that it occupies one of the best positions in the appellation with open views onto the enormous expanse of the Val d'Orcia that plays out until the horizon ends. This is one of Montalcino's historic cellars with many stories to tell. Luckily for us, much of that narrative unfolds in the beauty and the elegance of a wine like this.
WS95 Wine Spectator

A core of cherry and kirsch marks this vivid, linear red, packing strawberry, floral, sanguine, iron and tobacco notes into a slim frame. Balanced and structured, ends with a lingering impression of ripe fruit and savory elements. Best from 2024 through 2045.

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 6

Good morning.  Today is our 56th wedding anniversary...and they said it wouldn't last.  LOL  Used to do the chicken dance with my students.  Lots of laughing all around.  Love to see the birds at our eco park.  Enjoy the meal at times.  Have been to Sint Maarten, will have to look up photo's.  Jacqui your gardens are looking fantastic.  Thank you Roy for the memory.

Prayers and toasts to all of us.  Those leaving on cruises have a fantastic time.

Please continue to stay safe.  Wear your mask as the numbers are rising again.

Makers Mark Summer Breeze:

Ingredients
1 1/4 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
DeKuyper® Orange Curacao Liqueur
Ginger Ale
Garnish
Orange Wedges

Instructions
Fill rocks glass with ice. Add Makers Mark® Bourbon, a splash of DeKuyper® Orange Curacao Liqueur and a squeeze of fresh orange. Top off with ginger ale. Garnish with an orange wedge.

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.57.45 AM.png

• Like 27
  • Thanks 4

Good Morning!  I actually love the quote today.  When we were on vacay last week we attended the Ballet Don Quixote.  There were no programs.  (turns out the program was on an app that you had to download before you attended) .  After the second intermission, the three of us walked out into the hallway.  DH said, I'm not getting it.  I walked out and asked, what's the name of Don's sidekick, which the BFF knew, but then he asked what the story line of the ballet was.  He had read the book in high school but didn't really remember it.  Who knows, I know it's a classic, but DH and I had never read it. At this point we decided that the dancing was beautiful, but as it was our last day, BFF wanted to go biking, and DH and I wanted one more visit to the beach.  So we left.  Not sure we ever would have figured out that ballet.

DH's doc wants to wean him off the hard stuff pain killers,  move him more into the Tylenol way of life.  He also asked about his depression,  which i am glad that someone asked him about.  He told him to get out and walk more.  get his blood moving, and way from the desk.  He told him that he should be doing things that he likes doing, more trips, more time at the beach, less time indoors.  He told him to eat less meat, less fried food, less processed food.  More veggies, more salads and NO sugar.  Sounds like the diet i should be following.  So we are really looking at that work schedule, and making time for walks,   Right now I've got that down to three days of walking.  And instead of trying to work both campaigns  every day, cutting it to one campaign per day, rotating them.  This will free up some time for us.

About 19 years ago on Thanksgiving, DH and I were walking in the bird sanctuary with my boss when we heard the chatter and calling of birds above us.  The old boss was a bird watcher and told us that was the sound of the Sand Hill Crane, looking up we saw hundreds of them flying high above us.  Since then I have tried to keep up with their migration.  I didnt see them this year.  The last time I saw them, they were flying south, on Christmas eve two years ago.  Flying across the moon.  It was a beautiful sight.  Have a wonderful day!

purrbox.jpg

• Like 28

20 minutes ago, summer slope said:

Good morning.  Today is our 56th wedding anniversary...and they said it wouldn't last.  LOL  Used to do the chicken dance with my students.  Lots of laughing all around.  Love to see the birds at our eco park.  Enjoy the meal at times.  Have been to Sint Maarten, will have to look up photo's.  Jacqui your gardens are looking fantastic.  Thank you Roy for the memory.

Prayers and toasts to all of us.  Those leaving on cruises have a fantastic time.

Please continue to stay safe.  Wear your mask as the numbers are rising again.

Makers Mark Summer Breeze:

Ingredients
1 1/4 parts Maker's Mark® Bourbon
DeKuyper® Orange Curacao Liqueur
Ginger Ale
Garnish
Orange Wedges

Instructions
Fill rocks glass with ice. Add Makers Mark® Bourbon, a splash of DeKuyper® Orange Curacao Liqueur and a squeeze of fresh orange. Top off with ginger ale. Garnish with an orange wedge.

Screen Shot 2022-05-14 at 7.57.45 AM.png

Happy 56th wedding anniversary today.

unnamed.png

• Like 19

Good morning  and a very Happy Anniversary  to Dixie and her DH @summer slope.

@kazu, the garden is looking beautiful  already!I know what you mean about not wanting to drive on the route to the hospital right now.Sone things are just too hard.

Chicken dances are primarily  a wedding thing, right?I have enjoyed most classics except when I tried  in vain to read "Finnegan 's Wake". Fajitas sound like a great idea and we have been to the port.

I am waiting  for it to be a decent hour in my DB's time zone before getting in touch.He had a list of questions  for me about some of our dearly departed relatives yesterday that I think I have answers for.He is working on a genealogy  project to give to his son and daughter.

Both of the women in the household  were bothered by the humidity yesterday and my wonderful SIL put in the air conditioners.It was  a great relief for  both DD and Tana last night.

Terry

• Like 23

Good morning, everyone.

It is another bright, sun shiny day here in northeast Ohio.   I think this is the longest string of sunny days in a very long time.  The last two springs were very rainy.   My gym is closed down for a week for their annual maintenance.  Since it is part of the university, they have to follow the university schedule.  Also, they are steam heat and the steam plant across the street is closed for maintenance this week.  That means my main form of exercise this week will be practicing dancing like a chicken in the living room.  No, I think I will go for a nice walk in the neighborhood.  I can catch up with my neighbors.  

@summer slope  Happy Anniversary!

3fd70c4469801cf6583758a9db429c76.jpg.0429c5f45c957723ba4a806672993283.jpg

Today's meal is a good one.  It can easily be made into a salad for those of us watching our carbs.  Or can just be chicken and veggies.  We'll start off with a good basic recipe:  https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/flavorful-chicken-fajitas/

1606054313_chickenfajitas1.thumb.jpg.3dd612f5795456ab0c6681505d97137a.jpg

If you want the real thing you can always look for the low carb tortillas in the grocery store.  I have found them easily.  But, I would rather put this over lettuce to save on calories as well.   Heaven knows I need help there, too.   

This next one uses a marinade for the chicken and has great tips on how to prepare the chicken to keep it moist and flavorful.   https://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/chicken_fajitas/

2092419003_chickenfajitas2.thumb.jpg.7312f4e28ded4e84c829daa1d9fbf47f.jpg

Looks good, doesn't it?   That was kind of like my dinner last night except it was fish and peppers and onions done on the grill.  Mmmmmm.   Here is the low carb keto friendly version:  https://lifemadesweeter.com/chicken-fajitas/

530952844_chickenfajitas3.thumb.jpg.4b06bb922f0406588bb66f244910141d.jpg

Lime gets me every time.   It really freshens everything up.   

Prayers for all who need them, especially Ukraine and our Daily family members who are being challenged right now.  Welcome home to @Cruzin Terri.  Cheers to all who are celebrating.   Wishing everyone a wonderful day.

• Like 28
  • Thanks 5

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily report.  Today’s meal suggestion is one we both enjoy.  I look forward to @dfish pictures and recipes.  I think we will use a gift card at a local restaurant for dinner today.  Today is warm and we may see 90 this afternoon.  The kids enjoy watching birds.  We will be running errands this morning, making several stops to make the best use of gas.  Getting our tomato and pepper plants will be top of the list.

image.png.631aa9141e06161c6c7a0847ab3ed722.png

• Like 21
  • Haha 6

Good morning friends!  It's a bit foggy/cloudy this morning and 63F but the sun will come out and raise the temperature today to about 82.  I did my treadmill walking this morning along with prayers for all on the Care list, the nieces and nephews, Ukraine, peace for all, and especially for the state of our economy.  It will probably get even worse unfortunately.  I knew it was going to get bad but not this bad!  A decision will have to be made next week before we leave about next year's cruises, two Grand Voyages.  😥

Rich @richwmnthank you for the Daily this morning.  Dancing like a chicken is popular at weddings but I haven't been to one in a while.  A salute to birds who migrate - they're so smart to be able to figure out where to go.  I enjoy looking at windmills, especially in the Netherlands.  I have to agree that many people don't read the classics anymore.  The chicken fajitas sound delicious.  Debbie will have great recipes for us, I'm sure.  Philipsburg, Sint Maarten is a very popular port and I'm sure many here have enjoyed it.  It was last listed here on Nov. 23, 2021.  I'll post photos in a minute.

But first Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list.  Hoping for more happy celebrants as time goes on.  Dixie @summer slopehappy 56th anniversary to you and DH!  Time flies when you're having fun!  Jacqui @kazuthank you for the funny memes today.  Your plants are really coming to life.  Good luck with your planting, and try not to over do it.  Julia @JAM37I'm sorry to hear both your back and head hurt today.  Funny how as we age every day there's a different part of the body in pain!  I never would have imagined this 20 years ago.  Hope you're feeling better soon though.  Graham @grapau27I was wondering where you and Pauline were off to, and today I know.  The MALL!  Lol!  Have a great time!

We've been to Sint Maarten/Saint Martin 4 times.  One visit we were driven to a beach, and the driver pointed out which direction was the family beach and the direction where the nude beach was.  We chose the family beach, but I noticed a few topless individuals would walk over to the family beach and stroll by.  I guess they weren't getting enough attention over there!  On another visit while cruising there with our daughter and her family we went to Baby Beach.  The water was shallow enough for toddlers to wade knee deep.  The little ones loved it!  One visit to Sint Maarten was with our late friend John and his wife Jean.  John and DH went on a sailing excursion, America's Cup yacht racing.  They LOVED it!  Happy memories...

Photos from Sint Maarten/Saint Martin

Maho beach with the Princess Juliana International Airport next to it.  This cruise was on Emerald Princess August 2010.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYcenh_aTqE0CXXSBBHiNK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446316

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXN82TFBCe_aF4Gz2KwlSk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526818

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCwqZtkR-97C4xtaO1rgE4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526717

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAGaqytHxnvnrlltJyH00N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526716

Next photos are from December 2004 on Dawn Princess with John and Jean.  Jean and I took a water taxi from our dock to the downtown area to shop and look around, while the guys were on the America's Cup yacht.  They were too busy to take photos!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnLbaV6QfI6vxykYq9WMTE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvNVYlBp0y8U7dqkYr8gUl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184366

Students doing exercises outdoors in the fresh air 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3XzXvi7M0V-dUy6nzEukO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184994

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVQ2Uqs_EfFW383rCbaYsX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184404

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbU8jUeoaDnigydU8j96qJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184994

In 2003 on Golden Princess we went jewelry shopping in downtown Philipsburg.  I'm not sure if we made a purchase that visit or not.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuPemlC1W7hM441FLmG8qe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185437

It must have been a hot day!  DH rarely wears shorts!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9_aS3S7a3JWqaZu6U6J4c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185434

And we made a stop at the Guavaberry Emporium for a tasting.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKv_KXRSviOHocLPoIdSoC9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185425

In December 2015 on Regal Princess we stopped in Sint Maarten again.  Here's some beach photos.  I scanned the photos looking for topless individuals and didn't see any.  We want to keep the Daily G-rated!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8cYuVPxKnjqkvHw0sT0pM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878852

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnTz8f-_bdisgQPluNe3NC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878850

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMLV-3N4YZ9_XK5gx9UGdr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878856

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVf_p1MlOkS1KZOgkWpgE7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878848

Stopping to feed the iguanas.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSZ_RIdCkSU6n8gVqjWrPD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878814

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIw8mgC9_JhqeGsIQpR-eh9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878801

Back at Maho beach and the airport.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISJVZRFJwXytt4lPM4HAgl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1451946752

A view of the crowds00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKTraQKguzBAOOlgM1KqcQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878985

But look at the beach next to the Sunset Bar.  Yikes!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICY1AqFobs6OUeN_EfR17z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878948

Enjoy the warmth of Sint Maarten/Saint Martin!

• Like 24
  • Thanks 7

4 minutes ago, StLouisCruisers said:

Good morning friends!  It's a bit foggy/cloudy this morning and 63F but the sun will come out and raise the temperature today to about 82.  I did my treadmill walking this morning along with prayers for all on the Care list, the nieces and nephews, Ukraine, peace for all, and especially for the state of our economy.  It will probably get even worse unfortunately.  I knew it was going to get bad but not this bad!  A decision will have to be made next week before we leave about next year's cruises, two Grand Voyages.  😥

Rich @richwmnthank you for the Daily this morning.  Dancing like a chicken is popular at weddings but I haven't been to one in a while.  A salute to birds who migrate - they're so smart to be able to figure out where to go.  I enjoy looking at windmills, especially in the Netherlands.  I have to agree that many people don't read the classics anymore.  The chicken fajitas sound delicious.  Debbie will have great recipes for us, I'm sure.  Philipsburg, Sint Maarten is a very popular port and I'm sure many here have enjoyed it.  It was last listed here on Nov. 23, 2021.  I'll post photos in a minute.

But first Cheers to everyone on the Celebration list.  Hoping for more happy celebrants as time goes on.  Dixie @summer slopehappy 56th anniversary to you and DH!  Time flies when you're having fun!  Jacqui @kazuthank you for the funny memes today.  Your plants are really coming to life.  Good luck with your planting, and try not to over do it.  Julia @JAM37I'm sorry to hear both your back and head hurt today.  Funny how as we age every day there's a different part of the body in pain!  I never would have imagined this 20 years ago.  Hope you're feeling better soon though.  Graham @grapau27I was wondering where you and Pauline were off to, and today I know.  The MALL!  Lol!  Have a great time!

We've been to Sint Maarten/Saint Martin 4 times.  One visit we were driven to a beach, and the driver pointed out which direction was the family beach and the direction where the nude beach was.  We chose the family beach, but I noticed a few topless individuals would walk over to the family beach and stroll by.  I guess they weren't getting enough attention over there!  On another visit while cruising there with our daughter and her family we went to Baby Beach.  The water was shallow enough for toddlers to wade knee deep.  The little ones loved it!  One visit to Sint Maarten was with our late friend John and his wife Jean.  John and DH went on a sailing excursion, America's Cup yacht racing.  They LOVED it!  Happy memories...

Photos from Sint Maarten/Saint Martin

Maho beach with the Princess Juliana International Airport next to it.  This cruise was on Emerald Princess August 2010.

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLYcenh_aTqE0CXXSBBHiNK?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282446316

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLXN82TFBCe_aF4Gz2KwlSk?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526818

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJCwqZtkR-97C4xtaO1rgE4?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526717

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJAGaqytHxnvnrlltJyH00N?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1282526716

Next photos are from December 2004 on Dawn Princess with John and Jean.  Jean and I took a water taxi from our dock to the downtown area to shop and look around, while the guys were on the America's Cup yacht.  They were too busy to take photos!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnLbaV6QfI6vxykYq9WMTE?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184356

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIvNVYlBp0y8U7dqkYr8gUl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184366

Students doing exercises outdoors in the fresh air 00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVI3XzXvi7M0V-dUy6nzEukO?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184994

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVQ2Uqs_EfFW383rCbaYsX?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184404

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLbU8jUeoaDnigydU8j96qJ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365184994

In 2003 on Golden Princess we went jewelry shopping in downtown Philipsburg.  I'm not sure if we made a purchase that visit or not.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJuPemlC1W7hM441FLmG8qe?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185437

It must have been a hot day!  DH rarely wears shorts!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ9_aS3S7a3JWqaZu6U6J4c?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185434

And we made a stop at the Guavaberry Emporium for a tasting.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVKv_KXRSviOHocLPoIdSoC9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1365185425

In December 2015 on Regal Princess we stopped in Sint Maarten again.  Here's some beach photos.  I scanned the photos looking for topless individuals and didn't see any.  We want to keep the Daily G-rated!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJ8cYuVPxKnjqkvHw0sT0pM?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878852

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJnTz8f-_bdisgQPluNe3NC?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878850

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJMLV-3N4YZ9_XK5gx9UGdr?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878856

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJVf_p1MlOkS1KZOgkWpgE7?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878848

Stopping to feed the iguanas.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVJSZ_RIdCkSU6n8gVqjWrPD?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878814

00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVIw8mgC9_JhqeGsIQpR-eh9?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878801

Back at Maho beach and the airport.00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVISJVZRFJwXytt4lPM4HAgl?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1451946752

A view of the crowds00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVLKTraQKguzBAOOlgM1KqcQ?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878985

But look at the beach next to the Sunset Bar.  Yikes!00-krGnVk_TmW1vjXOSXmrbNCgtIzRKIF36hrdhGheqtVICY1AqFobs6OUeN_EfR17z?cn=THISLIFE&res=medium&ts=1450878948

Enjoy the warmth of Sint Maarten/Saint Martin!

Fantastic photos.

Brings back memories of our cruise on Crown Princess.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Thank you Rich for the Daily Report, thank you Roy for the Cares and Celebration Report, and thank you Debbie for today's recipes. And thank you all for being here! Have a great weekend!

Stay safe!

- Jack

• Like 24