Live Caribbean Princess May 14th

Tak8

2 hours ago, prmssk said:

The cruise lines are following the guidance of CDC.  "Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation". (From Princess's FAQ)

CDC does not yet say you have to have a second booster to be up to date.  They aren't using language that a second booster is recommended.  CDC just says that those over 50 can choose to receive a 2nd booster. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html?s_cid=11747:cdc up to date vaccine:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY22

Of course, all this can change at any time.  And it might be wise to get a second booster depending on your age and circumstances. But their wording does not require a second booster at this time.

I checked with 2 CVS and 2 Walgreens today.  They do not have the second booster.  One gal told me after an initial batch they hadn't received any.  

25 minutes ago, cltnccruisers said:

I checked with 2 CVS and 2 Walgreens today.  They do not have the second booster.  One gal told me after an initial batch they hadn't received any.  

we got our 2nd booster shot 4/5/22 at our local (Publix)

5 minutes ago, voljeep said:

we got our 2nd booster shot 4/5/22 at our local (Publix)

Haven't checked with Publix but I was in our local Harris-Teeter earlier this afternoon and it is not on the list of shots posted at their pharmacy.  I'm going with 2 shots and a booster good for Wednesday test for Saturday embarkation.  Ft L terminal could get loud on June 4.  😀

11 hours ago, cltnccruisers said:

That is what I have found as well.  Last I checked (about 2 weeks ago), our local CVS didn't even have the second booster.

But we have a fantastic CVP so I've asked her if she has heard anything on this.  I'll post her response when I get it.

I heard back from our CVP and she tells us that the second booster is not required for the Caribbean.  We trust her so this closes the subject for us.

5 hours ago, prmssk said:

The cruise lines are following the guidance of CDC.  "Received all recommended COVID-19 vaccines, including any booster dose(s) when eligible at least 7 days before embarkation". (From Princess's FAQ)

CDC does not yet say you have to have a second booster to be up to date.  They aren't using language that a second booster is recommended.  CDC just says that those over 50 can choose to receive a 2nd booster. 

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html?s_cid=11747:cdc up to date vaccine:sem.ga:p:RG:GM:gen:PTN:FY22

The way I read it, the CDC says you need the second booster to be "Up to Date" if you are over 50 and had your first booster at least 4 months ago. One booster is ok for adults under 50.

The link you posted above has a link that takes you to: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html From that page, scroll down to your situation (age and the vaccine you first received.  Here is a screenshot for Adults who had the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.  The recommendations are pretty much the same for the other vaccines.

image.thumb.png.12ba6eaa3575e834863e13bcb8796b9a.png

31 minutes ago, Jersey42 said:

The way I read it, the CDC says you need the second booster to be "Up to Date" if you are over 50 and had your first booster at least 4 months ago. One booster is ok for adults under 50.

The link you posted above has a link that takes you to: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/stay-up-to-date.html From that page, scroll down to your situation (age and the vaccine you first received.  Here is a screenshot for Adults who had the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine.  The recommendations are pretty much the same for the other vaccines.

image.thumb.png.12ba6eaa3575e834863e13bcb8796b9a.png

They appear to have changed that since the time of my post earlier today and the page has a last update of today's date.  As I did click on that section you screen shot here and it had language that said those over 50 "can choose" to get a second booster.  They didn't have anything about a 4 month time line and just talked about eligibility and talking to your doctor.  This may change things related to Princess's guidelines.

• Thanks 1

Spent some time today at the Mahagony Beach today.  Short 10 minite walk to the beach.  Fun area with some shops and a restaurant.

I will try and find out about the total for next week.

Here are the patters for tomorrow and another time change.

Camera_20220524_183951.jpg

Camera_20220524_184004.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

My interpretation is that you need all of the boosters that you are eligible for to test within three days rather than two.  If you are eligible to receive another booster (due to age) and have not yet received it, you need to stick to the two day requirement.

We also live in Bradenton and are sailing on the Caribbean Princess on Saturday.  We have used Walgreens for testing for our past eight cruises, with results within an hour each time.  Even though we received our second booster in April, we scheduled our tests for Thursday instead of Wednesday, as we are trying to allow no possibility of a bad interpretation of rules by port personnel.

Nice to meet you on CC. Have you joined the CB 5-28-22 roll call? Are you driving to Ft Lauderdale  the day of the cruise? We are and we park at Park-n-Go.

18 minutes ago, shay1 said:

Nice to meet you on CC. Have you joined the CB 5-28-22 roll call? Are you driving to Ft Lauderdale  the day of the cruise? We are and we park at Park-n-Go.

No, I haven’t joined the roll call, but I should.  And I will.  I used to, but we ended up with so many cruises in a short period of time (Lifts & Shifts with Royal and Celebrity, other lines rescheduled) that I haven’t given any of them the attention that I had pre-Covid.  I have been slow to research ports, join roll calls, and just generally plan.  Next month we will reach the end of the very frequent cruises and get back to normal amounts of pre-planning.

We will be driving to the port on Saturday morning.  Occasionally we go the night before, but hotel pricing is crazy and we couldn’t get there early enough in the day to justify the extra expense.  We have parked at Park-n-Go for at least nine years, it is our favorite.  Have you ever been there when the monkeys were sitting on the employees’ cars, eating bananas?  

2 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

No, I haven’t joined the roll call, but I should.  And I will.  I used to, but we ended up with so many cruises in a short period of time (Lifts & Shifts with Royal and Celebrity, other lines rescheduled) that I haven’t given any of them the attention that I had pre-Covid.  I have been slow to research ports, join roll calls, and just generally plan.  Next month we will reach the end of the very frequent cruises and get back to normal amounts of pre-planning.

We will be driving to the port on Saturday morning.  Occasionally we go the night before, but hotel pricing is crazy and we couldn’t get there early enough in the day to justify the extra expense.  We have parked at Park-n-Go for at least nine years, it is our favorite.  Have you ever been there when the monkeys were sitting on the employees’ cars, eating bananas?  

We used the Park 'n Go a few cruises ago.  Didn't know where we were going so we missed it the first time.  They really pack them in there.

Yes we have been using Park 'n Go for a long time too. No we have never seen the monkeys!! 

And I know what you mean by missing the place we have too. It is still hard to be in the right lane needed when heading to the lot, there is so much heavy traffic that if you are not in the correct lane you are out of luck. 

Hope CB has all the plumbing issues fixed for our cruise. Safe travels.

• Like 1

Tak8 - thanks for your ‘live’ posts. We will be on Caribbean Princess in July. I don’t use the app - do you know if they still have the small fold-up ship plans? I got one on Regal recently but not on Sky. 

Thanks.

32 minutes ago, Lady Meer said:

I don’t use the app - do you know if they still have the small fold-up ship plans? I got one on Regal recently but not on Sky. 

I would ask at customer services or your room attendant when you get on the ship.   There are also electronic boards at the elevators where you can look up where things are.

Edited by kokopelli-az

6 hours ago, shay1 said:

Yes we have been using Park 'n Go for a long time too. No we have never seen the monkeys!! 

And I know what you mean by missing the place we have too. It is still hard to be in the right lane needed when heading to the lot, there is so much heavy traffic that if you are not in the correct lane you are out of luck. 

Hope CB has all the plumbing issues fixed for our cruise. Safe travels.

We have seen the Monkeys!  They were being fed by some folks right next to the "DO NOT FEED THE MONIKEYS" sugn!!

On 5/24/2022 at 6:59 AM, cltnccruisers said:

The PCL FAQs don't mention it and our local CVS doesn't even have it.

If they have the vaccine for the 1st booster, then they have it for the 2nd since it is exactly the same vaccine.

More likely is their computer system is not updated to allow 2nd booster info to be added.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, caribill said:

If they have the vaccine for the 1st booster, then they have it for the 2nd since it is exactly the same vaccine.

More likely is their computer system is not updated to allow 2nd booster info to be added.

Exactly. the boosters are just 1/2 doses of the original vaccine.

14 hours ago, Lady Meer said:

Tak8 - thanks for your ‘live’ posts. We will be on Caribbean Princess in July. I don’t use the app - do you know if they still have the small fold-up ship plans? I got one on Regal recently but not on Sky. 

Thanks.

I haven't seen the fold up ship plans on thus cruise.

The Uptown Boys Billy Joel tribute was very good last night.  

Today is the last port Cozumel.  I'm planning on my only ship excursion to a beach.

Here is today's patter.

Camera_20220526_054803.jpg

Camera_20220526_054814.jpg

• Like 2