Costa Magica

7 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

I'm waiting on this news as well. Come on Carnival, rename her and bring her to BRISBANE.

Yes what you said.  I am keen to know since they cancelled my cruise on the Spirit.

• Like 1

Costa Magica has already completed her drydock and returned to anchor off Italy. I have been digging for a recent photo of the ship, hopefully in Carnival livery with a new name of the side. So far, I have lucked-out.

Even when she is ready to sail for Carnival, I think there will be a bit of a swap, and don't think we will see a Carnival ship based in Brisbane till sometime next year.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, arxcards said:

Costa Magica has already completed her drydock and returned to anchor off Italy. I have been digging for a recent photo of the ship, hopefully in Carnival livery with a new name of the side. So far, I have lucked-out.

Even when she is ready to sail for Carnival, I think there will be a bit of a swap, and don't think we will see a Carnival ship based in Brisbane till sometime next year.

Thank's for the update. When carnival cancelled my cruise I took their offer with the $900 OBC and  decided to book another cruise in FEB 2024 well in advance in the hope cruising would be well and truly back. I have 2 cruises booked before that starting in Jan 2023. Looking forward to seeing Carnivals new edition to the fleet.

• Like 1

The delay could be because of crew shortages. They don't have enough crew for the current fleet so adding another ship might not be the best thing to do.

I almost think that if Magica's homeport will be Brisbane, they might have it do a US inaugural season on the way to Australia to show it off but I don't know.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CarnivalShips480 said:

The delay could be because of crew shortages. They don't have enough crew for the current fleet so adding another ship might not be the best thing to do.

I almost think that if Magica's homeport will be Brisbane, they might have it do a US inaugural season on the way to Australia to show it off but I don't know.

Still a waiting game I think. Be nice if Carnival could release the new name..

• Like 1

Magica is currently heading for Naples, but I haven't looked into why.

I was thinking if there was a swap around, which ship they could send to replace Spirit. Perhaps a ship that was promised to us 6 or 7 or so years ago with a big burst of fanfare, then was quietly retracted a year later.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Magica is currently heading for Naples, but I haven't looked into why.

I was thinking if there was a swap around, which ship they could send to replace Spirit. Perhaps a ship that was promised to us 6 or 7 or so years ago with a big burst of fanfare, then was quietly retracted a year later.

Thanks for that, interesting times. I guess these days everything is uncertain. 

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

I reckon us Brisban-ites, have now gone to the bottom of the list for any ships here, after this.

I think we have always been bottom of the list.🤐

• Haha 1

It was only the right wing of the funnel, not half the ship that burned down

15 hours ago, CDaze71 said:

I reckon us Brisban-ites, have now gone to the bottom of the list for any ships here, after this.

13 hours ago, ekka49 said:

I think we have always been bottom of the list.🤐

I think Royal Caribbean was thinking about sending a Oasis class ship to Australia maybe....

Edited by CarnivalShips480

2 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

Although we saw the flames only in half of the funnel, something caused the fire. Is there damage in the engine room?

I don't think so. but hard to know for sure. At present, it is planned to return to service in 2 weeks, so that doesn't point to anything major down below. For whatever reason, it looks like insulation material caught fire. I would imagine most of their ships are similar design.

They get 2 ships for the price of one. Carnival Conquest is heading down to pick up the passengers.

Just now, arxcards said:

They get 2 ships for the price of one. Carnival Conquest is heading down to pick up the passengers.

... and an extra two days' holiday. The passengers are due to return to port on Monday instead of Saturday as scheduled.

34 minutes ago, arxcards said:

and $100 OBC

And 50% off their next cruise, and an extension of the onboard Drinks Package / WIFI / Car parking extra costs at the port, and $200 towards changing their flights etc etc. And the next cruises that were cancelled get a full refund and a free next cruise.

3 minutes ago, CDaze71 said:

And 50% off their next cruise, and an extension of the onboard Drinks Package / WIFI / Car parking extra costs at the port, and $200 towards changing their flights etc etc. And the next cruises that were cancelled get a full refund and a free next cruise.

Even that is not generous for those aboard. Great they aren't left out of pocket for parking and flights, but the 50% discount on the next cruise is only to match up to the 50% of a cruise they didn't get this time around.

1 hour ago, CDaze71 said:

It appears quite generous to me. Given the same scenario in this region we would get almost zilch.

42 minutes ago, NSWP said:

It appears quite generous to me. Given the same scenario in this region we would get almost zilch.

Not sure on that. There was a time when Pacific Sun was only running on rubber bands, and there were some rather generous bits of compensation for some of those.

The passengers on the following cancelled cruises got a much better deal for Carnival Freedom.

1 hour ago, arxcards said:

Not sure on that. There was a time when Pacific Sun was only running on rubber bands, and there were some rather generous bits of compensation for some of those.

The passengers on the following cancelled cruises got a much better deal for Carnival Freedom.

Agreed. Other cancelled cruises (I recall a Sea Princess one from Fremantle) resulted in generous compensation for the passengers.