Mini suite for 4 set up

ktcishot

We are traveling on the Crown in a mini suite. We will be 4 passengers, 2 adults & 2 small children. Does anyone know what the usual bed set up is? We are on dolphin deck if that changes anything.

A

3 hours ago, dreaminofcruisin said:

Passenger 3 is on a sofa bed.

Passenger 4 is on an upper berth.

Where's the upper berth hidden? I don't remember any obvious wall mounts when I was there a few years back, and double checking video tours online, there's no room for a ceiling drop down between the recessed ceiling, vent, lighting, and fire protection. 

Here's the description from the Deck Plans on Princess' website:

The luxurious Mini-Suite offers approximately 323 square feet of comfort and a separate seating area with a sofa bed for lounging or sleeping a third passenger. The spacious balcony is approximately 57 square feet and the bathroom offers a combination tub and shower. Some Mini-Suites also have a pullman bed to accommodate a 4th passenger.

It is stored in the ceiling and pulls down. (The steward does this for you.) I don't know that ALL of the mini-suites accomodate 4 people, so if you have been in one and not seen it in the ceiling, it may be that your mini-suite only allowed 3 people.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 passengers in queen bed which can be separated into two single beds if desired. 3rd passenger on the sofa bed. 4th passenger on a bed that pulls out of the ceiling parallel to the wall over the sofa bed. 3rd and 4th berths are stored during daytime hours. Access to the balcony is limited when the 3rd and 4th berths are in use.

• Thanks 2

On 5/17/2022 at 9:33 AM, ktcishot said:

We are traveling on the Crown in a mini suite. We will be 4 passengers, 2 adults & 2 small children. Does anyone know what the usual bed set up is? We are on dolphin deck if that changes anything.

Here are a few photos of a mini suite for 4 people ,not necessarily the Crown princess. Depending on how small your children are ,maybe they could both fit in the lower bed ? 

BF1B1FB3-E8FF-420B-B7D7-1090A66B2BC9.jpeg

4B3756A1-32FA-493D-A5F7-DF7A9467BB43.jpeg

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, arizonaperson said:

Here are a few photos of a mini suite for 4 people ,not necessarily the Crown princess. Depending on how small your children are ,maybe they could both fit in the lower bed ? 

I believe these two pictures are of a Royal class ships. So the crown may or may not have the curtains that close. Perhaps you could get on a crown princess Roll Call for a cruise before yours and see if somebody is in a mini suite and can take some pictures for you . The couch on the crown may be slightly different than these pictures. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

My kids (ages 11 and 7) are going to love this set up!! 😊😂

• Like 1

On 5/17/2022 at 12:33 PM, ktcishot said:

image.png.cc5e663d2175992f2765c643588bd2ce.png

Here's what the third and fourth berth on Crown (and any Grand Class ship)  will look like when open and set up.

Depending on how young/small your two kiddos are, they may fit just fine on the lower sofa bed berth.  

There is no dividing curtain between main bed area and sitting /3rd and 4th berths...there's a bump out type divider as below....

image.png

Hope that helps!

Edited by reedprincess
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Are the Crown mini-suite sofa beds more of a full/double size?  On Caribbean Princess, that seemed to be the case when we used the sofa bed last.

We are considering bringing our own egg carton mattress topper our next cruise on Crown since I think they no longer have them available for request but want to get the right size.

On 5/19/2022 at 5:53 PM, reedprincess said:

image.png.cc5e663d2175992f2765c643588bd2ce.png

Here's what the third and fourth berth on Crown (and any Grand Class ship)  will look like when open and set up.

Depending on how young/small your two kiddos are, they may fit just fine on the lower sofa bed berth.  

There is no dividing curtain between main bed area and sitting /3rd and 4th berths...there's a bump out type divider as below....

image.png

Hope that helps!

I can attest to these pics as what you will get on the Crown Princess...deck 9 and only certain rooms.  I was in D633 and we had the sofa bed rolled out like the above pic.  we did not do the upper berth.  It's a full size sofa bed, but takes up the entire living room so it would be hard to get to the balcony with it folded out.  We first had everyone in one room but then i realize we all go crazy with my two teenagers in one room so we got them their own room directly at E633 for a decent price for the two teenagers.  E633 is priced obstructed oceanview but actually, there is no obstruction at all.

• Thanks 1