help with proctored Covid test

If we have to use a proctored test for a cruise how do we set it up on our IPhone 10?  

Do we just use the Facetime feature on the phone?  

Should we add the phone number to our contact list before testing? 

As you can tell we are still in the dark age when it comes to computers and modern phones. 

Can someone please give us all the buttons to press.  Can't find a useful YouTube video that explains the phone setup for the test.

Retired Radiologic Technologist that got his head in the beam too many times.

Thanks,

XRAY

I used this on my last trip out of Florida.    Can I use this test and contact emed via Navica on my next sailing, but this time out of Amsterdam.   I'm not sure if I'm going in a couple days early, but might.   I think I also need a test to fly into Amsterdam.  

Also if we fly home from Europe the day of disembarkation, is Royal testing us for the U.S. entry while still on board (typically the day before)????    Please say yes.

Edited by Trekker954

XRAY, if you have a Walgreens or CVS (or anywhere else) near you offering rapid tests, sounds like you would be a good candidate.

Hell, I'm pretty tech savvy and I'm choosing to drive 5 mins for a free Walgreens drive-thru test next Friday just b/c it's free & easy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trekker954 said:

I used this on my last trip out of Florida.    Can I use this test and contact emed via Navica on my next sailing, but this time out of Amsterdam.   I'm not sure if I'm going in a couple days early, but might.   I think I also need a test to fly into Amsterdam.  

Also if we fly home from Europe the day of disembarkation, is Royal testing us for the U.S. entry while still on board (typically the day before)????    Please say yes.

Royal is not testing passengers disembarking for entry to the US.  They aren’t even testing B2B passengers anymore.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Trekker954 said:

Amsterdam does not require a test to fly there now (since like the end of March).  Royal does not test for your return flight to US.  You can either test at the airport or take a eMed proctored test yourself the day before disembarkation.  This is what we are planning on doing in August.

3 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

XRAY, if you have a Walgreens or CVS (or anywhere else) near you offering rapid tests, sounds like you would be a good candidate.

Hell, I'm pretty tech savvy and I'm choosing to drive 5 mins for a free Walgreens drive-thru test next Friday just b/c it's free & easy.

Yes and yes. Walgreens is good for now but I bought emed  as backups.

may the testing soon just go away I hope.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

Yes and yes. Walgreens is good for now but I bought emed  as backups.

may the testing soon just go away I hope.

My 1st 5 backups are the next closest Walgreens locations (we have an awful lot around here), but I do have ihealth tests from the government if I need them for some odd reason.

3 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

My 1st 5 backups are the next closest Walgreens locations (we have an awful lot around here), but I do have ihealth tests from the government if I need them for some odd reason.

I used to do CVS too until they changed.

but not all Walgreens does quick tests. At least they allow reservations 7 days in advance.

I do not know why CVS can not do free tests when Walgreens can. If government has pulled funding you would think then Walgreens would not be free either.

I am unsure of proctured ihealth as opposed to emed.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Oceansaway17 said:

I used to do CVS too until they changed.

but not all Walgreens does quick tests. At least they allow reservations 7 days in advance.

I do not know why CVS can not do free tests when Walgreens can. If government has pulled funding you would think then Walgreens would not be free either.

I am unsure of proctured ihealth as opposed to emed.

It seems to be highly dependent on geography.  CVS in North Texas is still offering free rapid tests.

Proctored iHealth works just as well as E-med (although iHealth appointments seem to be difficult to get)

Has anyone successfully used rapidtestandtrace with the free covid tests provided by the post office for a Royal cruise? I currently have 6 rapid tests at home and would much rather pay 20 per person and use my own tests than buy 3. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Tlbecker1 said:

Royal is not testing passengers disembarking for entry to the US.  They aren’t even testing B2B passengers anymore.

They arranged testing, for a fee, at the pier in Amsterdam on May 13th our transatlantic.  We stayed in Amsterdam for 5 nights and using my laptop did the emed tests the day before flying home.

26 minutes ago, SanzD said:

Has anyone successfully used rapidtestandtrace with the free covid tests provided by the post office for a Royal cruise?

Someone has reported being successful with that method.

When posting my question I forgot to mention that we will be leaving over for Ft. Lauderdale over 3 days before we cruise plus one night before our flight in another city.  Just figured out how to use the QR code reader on the IPhone.  I guess the days of the party-line and spoke shave are over and I have to learn something new.  Still hope RCCL will do away with testing but I have my doubts.

Thanks,

XRAY

12 hours ago, njkruzer said:

They arranged testing, for a fee, at the pier in Amsterdam on May 13th our transatlantic.  We stayed in Amsterdam for 5 nights and using my laptop did the emed tests the day before flying home.

Thats good to know that they accept the emed test for flying back into the US.  I still have two left.  I bought the three pack.   The flight I really wanted to take home is at 10 or one at 11.  Even if I self disembark that is too tight, i'd rather stay one night.  I read yesterday someone flying out of Amsterdam said it took them three hours to get through AMS check in and security.    It was a mess they said.   ugh.

Just a word of caution, I used the e-med Navica test/app on my phone day before a Jan 2022 planned cruise.  I loaded the app, called the phone number as instructed, waited an hour and one half on the phone.  Finally an agent picked up the phone.  She told me to add liquid into a little receptical provided.  The liquid was dryed up!!  Couldn't use it.  Fortunately my DH and I purchased extra sets of the test.  However, the agent told me I would have to hang up and start over again!  Yes, wait another 1 1/2 hours or more!   

A word to all, make sure you have extra tests in the event you have a defective test.

44 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Just a word of caution, I used the e-med Navica test/app on my phone day before a Jan 2022 planned cruise.  I loaded the app, called the phone number as instructed, waited an hour and one half on the phone.  Finally an agent picked up the phone.  She told me to add liquid into a little receptical provided.  The liquid was dryed up!!  Couldn't use it.  Fortunately my DH and I purchased extra sets of the test.  However, the agent told me I would have to hang up and start over again!  Yes, wait another 1 1/2 hours or more!   

A word to all, make sure you have extra tests in the event you have a defective test.

Wow!   We have used these tests 4 times now and never waited more than one minute for a proctor….

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Trekker954 said:

Thats good to know that they accept the emed test for flying back into the US.  I still have two left.  I bought the three pack.   The flight I really wanted to take home is at 10 or one at 11.  Even if I self disembark that is too tight, i'd rather stay one night.  I read yesterday someone flying out of Amsterdam said it took them three hours to get through AMS check in and security.    It was a mess they said.   ugh.

We were warned about the wait but less than an hour from arrival to gate.  We had done our checkin online the day before,,downloading a copy of our test results to American Airlines and printed out our boarding passes. Went to luggage drop kiosks and found someone to help.  Then to passport control, then security,  then to gate. Didn't need to go to the airline desk as we already had done checkin online. 

52 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Don't call.  Go online to emed.com.  never waited more than a few minutes. Results emailed and on Navica app.  And yes I've heard about problems with test kits, though we've done it 3 times without a problem. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BrandelynCon said:

Those of you using Walgreens, do you check yes on the question that asks if the test is needed for travel? Is the test still free with that option checked?

Yes.  In TX, Walgreens does not require insurance card so they are not charging the insurance company.  Probably getting some compensation from the Feds.

We fretted in March when testing at Walgreens; it was free and easy.  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GTO-Girl said:

Wow!   We have used these tests 4 times now and never waited more than one minute for a proctor….

Glad to hear this as I was about to stress out more thinking it would take over an hour and a half to do that eMed proctored testing.  We are considering on using Walgreens and keeping our eMed tests as backup except for when we fly back from Amsterdam.  I want to take 4 tests with us just in case we get one that is faulty or something.  One can only hope they stop the testing to return to US....

3 minutes ago, whitsmom said:

Glad to hear this as I was about to stress out more thinking it would take over an hour and a half to do that eMed proctored testing.  We are considering on using Walgreens and keeping our eMed tests as backup except for when we fly back from Amsterdam.  I want to take 4 tests with us just in case we get one that is faulty or something.  One can only hope they stop the testing to return to US....

We have never called them on the phone…..we always log onto the Emed website and always get a proctor online with us almost immediately.