Crown Princess Alaska May 21st

Crow9

4 hours ago, Crow9 said:

4. Inside cabin is amazing for sleeping, it's pitch black and I passed out.  The only thing is that it is disorienting waking up and not knowing what time it is without a window. There are no clocks anywhere on the ship.

Saw this from a cruise Vlogger for inside cabins.  Thought it would be a good idea.  

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081CHLF46?ie=UTF8&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=emmacruises04-20&linkId=571a235c0250be69c6c715b0709f4fad&language=en_US&ref_=as_li_ss_tl

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arizonaperson said:

CRow9- great photos.

Is there a time on the digital readout on the phone or have the phones changed? Usually out on deck by the pools I’ve seen a Clock somewhere ,but obviously not going to wake up in your cabin and go wander out onto the pool deck to find a clock.

I always use a travel alarm clock ,has the time, the temperature and of course an alarm. Can never rely on your cell phone to update with the correct time out in the sea .

I meant to say is there a time/ clock  or digital read out on the cabin phone?  I seem to remember military time on the cabin phone. 

46 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

Juneau was moved back till 6pm and all excursions that are not entirely private are cancelled.

That is disappointing.  We would miss our Harv and Marv if that happens.  It's already been shifted to 1700.

54 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

Juneau was moved back till 6pm and all excursions that are not entirely private are cancelled.

Sorry to hear that, I felt really bad for the shore excursion staff on our May 7th cruise, that whole staff deserves a huge raise!

57 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

Oh gee.....that is so disappointing to so many people. Any idea what the problem is?  We don't sail until 8/27/22 and hope everything has been corrected....but not counting on it. 

It is some combination of only going 18 knots and the weather.  The officer I talked to garunteed we'd get to Skagway on time tomorrow, since I told him we should just skip Juneau to make it to Skagway on time, since I don't want all my excursions there cancelled too.

Excursions desk and customer desk have been getting screamed at constantly by angry passengers for hours, which is sad since they can't do anything.

• Like 1

How are you holding up with all the chaos?  it is frustrating to know these were coming from the previous sailings and you can't do anything about it.  Not too many people can switch sailings or ships. I'm sailing this sat and i don't want to bring this up to my family as we can't do anything about it and it would just bum them out in advance.

Why didn't Princess just cancel the sailing for a couple of weeks to fix what they can to savage the rest of the summer? 😞

are there enough to do on the ship as half of the ports are gone now?

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, wolvey said:

How are you holding up with all the chaos?  it is frustrating to know these were coming from the previous sailings and you can't do anything about it.  Not too many people can switch sailings or ships. I'm sailing this sat and i don't want to bring this up to my family as we can't do anything about it and it would just bum them out in advance.

Why didn't Princess just cancel the sailing for a couple of weeks to fix what they can to savage the rest of the summer? 😞

are there enough to do on the ship as half of the ports are gone now?

I agree. If they could stick with itinerary they are posting for our cruise on the 28th we would be happy, but waiting till the last minute to break bad news you knew all along is bad business. I hope it goes as planned but have my doubts and can't do much but wait and see.

• Like 2

What can we, future passengers, do?  should we ask princess to reschedule us?  refund everything?  any option at this point will cost us time to reschedule everything too 😞

if anything, they should cancel the next few sailings right now so we can stop our journeys before it's too late.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Crow9 said:

It is some combination of only going 18 knots and the weather.  The officer I talked to garunteed we'd get to Skagway on time tomorrow, since I told him we should just skip Juneau to make it to Skagway on time, since I don't want all my excursions there cancelled too.

Excursions desk and customer desk have been getting screamed at constantly by angry passengers for hours, which is sad since they can't do anything.

I’m sure the captain will do whatever you want. I am hoping you are joking.  Otherwise all I can say is entitled

I'm okay since whale watching was not the main thing for me.  My main excursions are tomorrow.  So I pray they make it to Skagway on time.  So far no notice that anything else is changing.

They are bringing the first female ididerod champion at 8pm,but there is not much entertainment till then.

I'm one of a few nuts enough to be up on deck while it's hailing.  Got a chocolate martini.  The staff up here are super surprised by this since the cruise on the 14th made it to Juneau on time.  

PXL_20220523_225915682.jpg

• Like 1

I am entitled, I don't think it's very nice of them to change the itinerary so many times so often to us, so close to when we were supposed to get to port so noone could book new excursions.  I know the staff on board can do nothing about this situation, but I'm still disappointed in so many stops being missed and then shortened by alot.

Still, I am happy I got the drink package, happy that I'm on vacation, and happy that I'm not working for a week.  I really needed this break.

I will let you know once I find out who the naturalist is.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

I am entitled, I don't think it's very nice of them to change the itinerary so many times so often to us, so close to when we were supposed to get to port so noone could book new excursions.  I know the staff on board can do nothing about this situation, but I'm still disappointed in so many stops being missed and then shortened by alot.

Still, I am happy I got the drink package, happy that I'm on vacation, and happy that I'm not working for a week.  I really needed this break.

I will let you know once I find out who the naturalist is.

I love your reply!  I think I am going to be really glad we bought the princess plus package. Enjoy your vaca!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

So I pray they make it to Skagway on time.  So far no notice that anything else is changing.

I'd think the Crown would have no problem making it to Skagway, I think it's only around 70 nautical miles from Juneau. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, wolvey said:

What can we, future passengers, do?  should we ask princess to reschedule us?  refund everything?  any option at this point will cost us time to reschedule everything too

Really the only thing you can do is try and go into this cruise with an open mind and a lot of patience.  I empathize with you having experienced this firsthand.  In our experience you are likely not to get the answers you want pre-cruise.  If you do make contact with Princess or your TA if you use one maybe a switch can take place if you're pursuing that. You will be sailing on a ship that has issues and it is impacting her ability to make her scheduled itinerary. You'll probably get some OBC and FCC if you haven't already.  That's about the best and most honest answer you will get right now.  I believe this has now happened at some level on all 3 sailings now.  If you do cruise on the Crown, or anyone else reading this I sincerely hope you make it your ports on time and you all have an enjoyable time.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, Crow9 said:

They are bringing the first female ididerod champion at 8pm,but there is not much entertainment till then.

Libby Riddles is amazing. If you have not seen her speak - I would definitely go!

• Like 4

I feel for everyone onboard. My first sailing to Alaska was not the greatest. We had crappy times in port and the weather was awful. It was pure fog for the entire week with some rain/sleet at the same time. I am so glad it wasn't my "once and only time in Alaska". 

You guys practically have 1 port day and GB. I hope they increase your FCC towards another cruise. It should be a minimum of 50%. I would even argue for 100%.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, JeffT237 said:

Really the only thing you can do is try and go into this cruise with an open mind and a lot of patience.  I empathize with you having experienced this firsthand.  In our experience you are likely not to get the answers you want pre-cruise.  If you do make contact with Princess or your TA if you use one maybe a switch can take place if you're pursuing that. You will be sailing on a ship that has issues and it is impacting her ability to make her scheduled itinerary. You'll probably get some OBC and FCC if you haven't already.  That's about the best and most honest answer you will get right now.  I believe this has now happened at some level on all 3 sailings now.  If you do cruise on the Crown, or anyone else reading this I sincerely hope you make it your ports on time and you all have an enjoyable time.

Finally figured out how to reply…that’s what “quote” is for!

thank you very much for the well wishes.  I will try to be positive for my family at least.  No point in telling them anything now. Who knows, it could work out like the May 14th sailing. I just want to them to be able to relax and do some new things.  as with everyone else, it’s tough when we’ve all been cooped up for two years.  

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Coral said:

You guys practically have 1 port day and GB. I hope they increase your FCC towards another cruise. It should be a minimum of 50%

I think 50% is a fair amount

Edited by JeffT237
  • Like 2

Tonight I went to Crown Grill without a reservation and they just took me and gave me a window seat.

I got the shrimp appetizer which was nice a refreshing and the lobster tails which were amazing and looked better in their shells (just didn't get a picture of that).

PXL_20220524_023815801.jpg

PXL_20220524_021902729.jpg

• Like 1