Seattle Port Question

ScottC4746

We are on Celebrity Solstice on 2 Sept to Alaska and staying at Marriott Waterfront.  Two questions:

1. Can we walk to the ship from the hotel

2. Anyone know how to book a reservation at Anthony's Pier 66 for 1 Sept?  I have been trying for months and getting an error message.

The Solstice will be sailing from the Smith Cove (Pier 91) terminal which is NOT walkable from the Marriott.  (Well, technically it is - around 2 1/2 miles, mainly but not entirely on bike/footpaths.)  A taxi or Uber will cost around $20.  Map - https://goo.gl/maps/fMGokhHaVJDKzapZ8

I'd just phone Anthony's - (206) 448-6688.  

2 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Anyone know how to book a reservation at Anthony's Pier 66 for 1 Sept?  I have been trying for months and getting an error message.

Have you been trying to make a reservation at Anthony's Bell Street Diner or at Anthony's Pier 66?  I am looking at Anthony's web site as I type this and it says that the Bell Street Diner is still temporarily closed.  The more upscale restaurant, Anthony's 66, is open as is Anthony's Fish Bar.  

15 minutes ago, rkacruiser said:

Have you been trying to make a reservation at Anthony's Bell Street Diner or at Anthony's Pier 66?  I am looking at Anthony's web site as I type this and it says that the Bell Street Diner is still temporarily closed.  The more upscale restaurant, Anthony's 66, is open as is Anthony's Fish Bar.  

Pier 66

We stayed at the Marriott Waterfront last September.  While we didn't take it there was a shuttle to Pier 91.  I doubt it was complementary, but contact the hotel for details as to whether there will be a shuttle again.

Anthony's at Pier 66 is one of my favorite Seattle restaurants.  We dined there last September and just called to make a reservation.  Their Bell Street Diner was also closed last September; while I don't remember the actual wording on the sign on the door I interpreted it to suggest staffing issues.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Northern Aurora said:

Anthony's at Pier 66 is one of my favorite Seattle restaurants

Me too!  

3 hours ago, ScottC4746 said:

Pier 66

Didn't try to make a reservation when I was on their web site.  It did seem possible to do.  Maybe you are requesting a date to far in advance?  As another poster suggested, call them.  Ask for a window table.  

On 5/22/2022 at 1:11 PM, ScottC4746 said:

We are on Celebrity Solstice on 2 Sept to Alaska and staying at Marriott Waterfront.  Two questions:

1. Can we walk to the ship from the hotel

2. Anyone know how to book a reservation at Anthony's Pier 66 for 1 Sept?  I have been trying for months and getting an error message.

We just stayed at the Marriott Waterfront May 14th and 15th.  You are sailing from pier 91 and there is a shuttle from the hotel to the pier for $11 pp cash.  We signed up with the concierge once we checked in.  The first shuttle is at 10am and the van holds 10 passengers.

You so you are aware, there is lots of work being done on multiple floors of the hotel.  They seem to be doing over bathrooms as our room had all new tile.  Looking out the balcony of our room you could see into multiple rooms on multiple floors with new mattresses leaning on walls and other construction materials.  The second day we were there (Sunday) was a really rainy day with playoff games on tv, so our plan was to watch a game in our room.  Right after breakfast, construction started in the room above us with loud drilling in the floor above happening off and on.  We called and complained and the noise stopped, for a while, and then it was just every once and a while.  I would make sure to ask that you are not near the construction when you check in.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

We just stayed at the Marriott Waterfront May 14th and 15th......

We will be staying here before our cruise from Pier 66.  

Can you tell us where you ate while staying at this hotel?   Any info would be appreciated!

4 minutes ago, Sand and Seas said:

We will be staying here before our cruise from Pier 66.  

Can you tell us where you ate while staying at this hotel?   Any info would be appreciated!

We ate at Ivars which is down near the ferry terminal and the big ferris wheel one night.  We had taken the Bainbridge Island ferry over and back just to get a beautiful view of the area.  At $9.25 roundtrip pp, it was great!

Other night we had been to Pike Place Market for the afternoon and had eaten a little of this and a little of that as we walked around, so we just grabbed some wings and a drink at the lobby bar as we weren't that hungry.

• Thanks 1

@Sand and Seas

Anthony’s is across the street and the often missed excellent restaurant in Six Seven next to the cruise terminal in the Edgewater Hotel.  By taking the elevator across from the terminal, you go walk up Bell St. to several great restaurants that are more frequented by folks in the Belltown neighborhood than visitors.  The Thai restaurant Bangrak Market opened a few years ago and has been a huge hit. Also in the area along 2nd Ave, Rocco’s for a slice of pizza, the extremely popular Shiro’s Sushi (if you can get in) in additional to some take out places and a new restaurant that just opened this month, Hatch Cantina.

• Thanks 1

Another option that just opened a few days ago is Market at the Park located at the Olympic Sculpture Park.  We will be giving it a go when they open this weekend. They’re only open Fri/Sat/Sun. Lobster & Crab Rolls for $21. A 10-15 minute walks from the Marriott Waterfront and on the way to the Seattle Center/Space Needle.  Certainly not a full service restaurant but more of a takeout place although in the past there have been tables in the Pavilion.

https://marketfreshfish.com/park

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, disneylover89 said:

Any restaurant suggestions that is not seafood?

Place Pigalle in Pike Place Market.  It is a small restaurant with a good view of the harbor with a smaller menu than some, but, has good variety, I thought.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

Any restaurant suggestions that is not seafood?

There are so many restaurants but a few in my neighborhood, and my subjective suggestions are; Some Random Bar. They have their standard menu on the right with a rotating menu on the left.  Next door is Black Bottle. Many of their selections are tapas-like.  Another that we end up at almost weekly is Buckley’s in Belltown.  It’s a sports bar that is better avoided during a big game but has a great menu with consistently good food.  If staying at the Marriott Waterfront these are up the elevator to Bell St and then up to 1st & 2nd Aves.

We’ve not been but rkacruiser’s suggestion of Place Pigalle gets consistently good reviews.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Glaciers said:

There are so many restaurants but a few in my neighborhood, and my subjective suggestions are; Some Random Bar. They have their standard menu on the right with a rotating menu on the left.  Next door is Black Bottle. Many of their selections are tapas-like.  Another that we end up at almost weekly is Buckley’s in Belltown.  It’s a sports bar that is better avoided during a big game but has a great menu with consistently good food.  If staying at the Marriott Waterfront these are up the elevator to Bell St and then up to 1st & 2nd Aves.

We’ve not been but rkacruiser’s suggestion of Place Pigalle gets consistently good reviews.

Thank you! Buckley's looks like a perfect choice for my family, should I make a reservation or is walk-in fine on a Saturday night? Another restaurant I saved was the 5 Point Cafe, what do you think of this place and is it also walkable from the Marriot Waterfront?

Edited by disneylover89

@disneylover89

Kind of a tossup. We do enjoy the food/options at Buckley’s more than the 5 Point.  Buckley’s is more of a sports bar with many TVs and the 5 Point is more of a hole-in-the-wall bar with decent food, a bit further walk but not bad. Both are in the general direction of the Seattle Center/Space Needle if you are walking up that way you could check them out, in addition to many restaurants along 2nd Ave.  Buckley’s might require a reservation (I’m actually surprised they take them) if there is a big sports game that night.

• Like 1