Oasis of the Seas - Owner’s Suite questions

Is there any chance of requesting a few extra loungers in the balcony? There seems to be room.  And anyone have experience asking for the dootbell to be disconnected? I have heard that kids do a lot of “ding dong ditch”!

39 minutes ago, renji said:

Is there any chance of requesting a few extra loungers in the balcony? There seems to be room.  And anyone have experience asking for the dootbell to be disconnected? I have heard that kids do a lot of “ding dong ditch”!

Not likely.  Not sure where any extra's - if they have any - would be stored and it may be difficult for them to retrieve them even if they have them.  Also don't think the doorbell can be disconnected.  Unfortunately, along with hitting every floor on the elevators, kids do a lot of dumb things that they think are funny.  We fortunately have not had the D-D-D in our experience so maybe they won't bother.

But there are security cameras everywhere and in the hallways so if it were to occur they likely could determine who the culprits are....

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, renji said:

I would think a nice tip with the request to your cabin steward would get you a couple of extra loungers from the pool deck. I doubt you’d get the upgraded padded ones.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

I would think a nice tip with the request to your cabin steward would get you a couple of extra loungers from the pool deck. I doubt you’d get the upgraded padded ones.

Not sure that would work either as they would probably have to get permission to remove any from the pool deck - not likely they could just take them.  A nice tip doesn't always work for everything....

Edited by leaveitallbehind
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, leaveitallbehind said:

Not sure that would work either as they would have to get permission to remove any from the pool deck - not likely they could just take them.  A good tip doesn't always work for everything....

It’s worked for me in the past. I didn’t mean right from around the pool. There’s always a stack of extras somewhere around.  It’s definitely dependent on the cabin steward. I’m sure some are more cooperative than others.

Edited by Jerseygirl1416
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

It’s worked for me in the past. I didn’t mean right from around the pool. There’s always a stack of extras somewhere around.  It’s definitely dependent on the cabin steward. I’m sure some are more cooperative than others.

It’s worked for me before, too

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jerseygirl1416 said:

Thank you! We always give half the overall tip on greeting them anyway, we don’t like to make them wait a full week for payment.  So we’ll see 🙂

• Like 1

We were just on Navigator in JS, and I guess someone had requested a lounger, in addition to the 2 chairs and tall table. There was no room to walk without tripping on furniture. :classic_rolleyes: So I hardly went out there. 

I almost asked the room steward to take it away. But then I figured someone else would probably want to out there, so left it as it was. :classic_rolleyes: If it is like that next time, we will just turn it on its side to get it out of the way. 

Edited by Coralc

16 minutes ago, HicksRA said:

I’ve never had my doorbell rang by anyone but the room steward.
I believe that’s a nonissue. 

We had never had an issue with this, either, until our most recent cruise on Independence.  DDD occurred every night, sometimes more than once.  We asked to have the doorbell disconnected, which apparently was not possible, at least according to GS.

• Like 1