Feeling like a newbie...

chrismch

Been years since I've been on Celebrity, so I feel like a newbie especially after the covid shutdown. So, I have a few questions. Will be sailing on Infinity in September - which we booked while on an RCL ship!

Since Celebrity now includes the drinks, wifi, and tips as part of the sailing, how slow is the internet with more guests on it? Do they still do the giveaways for attending jewelry events? Are there prizes for winning trivia? What are the current prices for specialty dining? What types of evening shows are back? Any Celebrity "secrets" should I know about?

6 minutes ago, chrismch said:

Been years since I've been on Celebrity, so I feel like a newbie especially after the covid shutdown. So, I have a few questions. Will be sailing on Infinity in September - which we booked while on an RCL ship!

Since Celebrity now includes the drinks, wifi, and tips as part of the sailing, how slow is the internet with more guests on it? Do they still do the giveaways for attending jewelry events? Are there prizes for winning trivia? What are the current prices for specialty dining? What types of evening shows are back? Any Celebrity "secrets" should I know about?

The app (if you have it) is a good place to find prices for specialty dining.  Or the website.  But not for everything.  Specialty restaurants yes.  But you may not find prices for things like the champagne dinner.

If we told you about the secrets, then they wouldn't be secret, would they?  🙃

I don't believe I can access the app until final payment is made. That's  still some time away. I can find the menus for specialty dining on the website, but no prices.

In regards to " cruising secrets" isn't that what this forum is all about? I'm happy to share mine with other cruisers to enhance their experience as I've learned from others.

Edited by chrismch

Wi-fi can be dependent upon where the ship is, where you are on the ship and of course how many on line.  The included wi-fi is good for checking mails, basic surfing but not good or streaming video, some social media sites, sending video.

can’t help with trivia or jewelry give always. 

Download the Celebrity app, it is easy to do checkin on the app.  

2 minutes ago, chrismch said:

I don't believe I can access the app until final payment is made that will still be come time off. I can find the menus for specialty dining on the website, but no prices.

You can just use the app to check your ship for one of the current sailings rather than your own if it is too far out to be on the app yet, but other than that, there is no restriction about final payment...

Edited by Mark_T

32 minutes ago, chrismch said:

I don't believe I can access the app until final payment is made. That's  still some time away. I can find the menus for specialty dining on the website, but no prices.

While you cannot see specialty restaurants prices in the app, if you log-in to your reservation on the website and go the the Cruise Planner, prices are there where you would make a reservation.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bama4cruisin said:

While you cannot see specialty restaurants prices in the app, if you log-in to your reservation on the website and go the the Cruise Planner, prices are there where you would make a reservation.

Prices for Murano and Tuscan Grille are displayed very clearly in the app that I am using.  I checked 30 seconds ago.

Yes, I just got on the cruise planner and booked Tuscan Grille for our embarkation night. Doing the specialty restaurant that first night drops the price from $53 to $35 pp. We always like to book a specialty dinner on embarkation day to get away from the frenzy of the first day on the ship.

Edited by chrismch

23 hours ago, chrismch said:

In regards to " cruising secrets" isn't that what this forum is all about? I'm happy to share mine with other cruisers to enhance their experience as I've learned from others.

Yes you can access prior to final payment but Check In doesn't open until 45 days prior to cruise.  The prices can be seen by selecting the dining Icon and then scrolling down the price will be shown in the Description.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, chrismch said:

I am *certainly* not going to tell you where to find the extra toilet paper.  I need that for me me me!!!

(The smiley in my previous post 🙃 indicates it was a joke?  No one is prevented from sharing any "secrets".  🙂

And I did tell you that you could access the app NOW.  That's a secret, isn't it?  🙂

• Haha 1