Changing Cruise Itinerary

Floridastorm

Have a Princess cruise booked May 6th for departure July 23rd. Due to change of plans am I able to change the current itinerary to another Princess cruise? It does not involve any refund of funds. I have read over the Princess terms and conditions for cancellation but am not sure of their policy if I just want to change from one cruise to another on Princess. 🤔

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Edited by Floridastorm
misspelling correction

Are you past final payment date or just coming up to it? If not past final payment date call princess just cancel and book a fresh cruise. If past final payment date you may be able to change but it may involve cancel for any reason which may take a bit longer to get an FCC back to use on another cruise. Once call Princess or use the Live Chat function to talk with someone about what you want to do. Of course it you used a travel agent you need to speak with them.

May 6 has come and gone.  I am guessing this is for 2023.  Of which final payment won't be due anytime soon.

Do you have a refundable deposit?  Deposit should be credited back to card used.  

Cancel and rebook.

Just because fare is the same today, it may not be the same tomorrow.

21 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

May 6 has come and gone.  I am guessing this is for 2023.  Of which final payment won't be due anytime soon.

Do you have a refundable deposit?  Deposit should be credited back to card used.  

Cancel and rebook.

Just because fare is the same today, it may not be the same tomorrow.

I think maybe they booked it on May 6th and their cruise date is July 23rd….. If I’m reading the post correctly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

I think maybe they booked it on May 6th and their cruise date is July 23rd….. If I’m reading the post correctly.

We can't speculate without OP returning to clarify.  If your scenario is correct, (s)he already made final payment and in default mode.  Possibly could ask for FCC and hopefully get it processed in time to apply it to new cruise. 

Regardless, now it would be more complicated, but possibly doable. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

We can't speculate without OP returning to clarify.

Seems to me it is for this year with a July 23 embarkation.

3 hours ago, Floridastorm said:

Have a Princess cruise booked May 6th for departure July 23rd.

Correct. I booked this cruise on the 6th of May. The cruise departs July 23rd 2022 for 13 days. I paid the full amount to my TA. I simply want to change from this Princess cruise to another Princess cruise of equal value. According to the Princess Terms and Conditions 57 days is the cutoff where I could get a refund minus the deposit if I so chose. This cruise is 61 days out. However, I'm not looking for a refund only a change of itinerary. Just want to know where I stand before going to my TA or Princess. Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, Floridastorm said:

Correct. I booked this cruise on the 6th of May. The cruise departs July 23rd 2022 for 13 days. I paid the full amount to my TA. I simply want to change from this Princess cruise to another Princess cruise of equal value. According to the Princess Terms and Conditions 57 days is the cutoff where I could get a refund minus the deposit if I so chose. This cruise is 61 days out. However, I'm not looking for a refund only a change of itinerary. Just want to know where I stand before going to my TA or Princess. Thanks again.

I think this falls into the "can't hurt to ask" category. You may or may not be able to. I do think they've been a bit more flexible than in the past.

Doesn't this booking fall under Cruise With Confidence? It says here, for all bookings made through May 31st, so it should. You can cancel up to 30 days before you sail under this policy, and get your penalty back as a Future Cruise Credit. Then just use the FCC to book the cruise you want, and pay any difference.

Edited by hapster85
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, hapster85 said:

Doesn't this booking fall under Cruise With Confidence? It says here, for all bookings made through May 31st, so it should. You can cancel up to 30 days before you sail under this policy, and get your penalty back as a Future Cruise Credit. Then just use the FCC to book the cruise you want, and pay any difference.

This is true. I did it twice.

however, once the FCC took a lot longer to be returned.

your TA might be able to move it. Call ASAP.

• Like 1

Being in corporate business for most of my career I am wondering who in Princess makes their standard policy regarding changing one cruise for another and having to pay a penalty? I can see a penalty for outright cancellation but a penalty to change your cruise for another Princess cruise of equal value? In my case Princess wants to charge me $800 whether I change my cruise for another Princess cruise or cancel my cruise outright. How absurd is that? I am also querying them about their Book with Confidence terms. So far they have not gotten back to me. Apparently Princess is so wealthy they can afford to lose $6,000 of my money through stupidity if I cancel outright.