Is it possible to walk from the Movenpick Hotel to the Port in Amsterdam?

We will be boarding the Celebrity Apex on 19 June and will be staying at the Movenpick near the port the night before.  I have heard that the port is within walking distance.  Is this true even with luggage?  Are there carts readily available to help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Laura

The Mövenpick hotel literally is right next door to the cruise terminal. If that isn’t walkable, even with luggage, then I don’t know what is. Once you get here, you’ll see what I mean. Or you can take a look at Google Maps to see how close they are located to each other. 

5 hours ago, Dutch_Travelgirl said:

The Mövenpick hotel literally is right next door to the cruise terminal. If that isn’t walkable, even with luggage, then I don’t know what is. Once you get here, you’ll see what I mean. Or you can take a look at Google Maps to see how close they are located to each other. 

With apologies for semi hijacking the thread, how easy is it to walk from Doubletree @ Centraal Station  hotel to the port?  Or would a taxi take us or is it too short a distance? Thanks

20 hours ago, quicklabs said:

We will be boarding the Celebrity Apex on 19 June and will be staying at the Movenpick near the port the night before.  I have heard that the port is within walking distance.  Is this true even with luggage?  Are there carts readily available to help with this?

Thanks in advance.

Laura

The Movenpick is right next door to the cruise terminal. So no problem. The hotel staff will be very helpful with luggage. 

13 hours ago, VMax1700 said:

With apologies for semi hijacking the thread, how easy is it to walk from Doubletree @ Centraal Station  hotel to the port?  Or would a taxi take us or is it too short a distance? Thanks

Doubletree is also walkable, but depending how much luggage you have maybe not that comfortable. This is what Google maps tells: https://www.google.nl/maps/dir/Piet+Heinkade,+Amsterdam/DoubleTree+by+Hilton+Amsterdam+Centraal+Station,+Oosterdoksstraat+4,+1011+DK+Amsterdam/@52.3764516,4.9055115,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x47c609a7b4f50061:0xa2e47c8e5965f7a1!2m2!1d4.9229748!2d52.3760544!1m5!1m1!1s0x47c609ba0b3b2767:0x496b950c06acfa48!2m2!1d4.9056508!2d52.3766099!3e2?hl=nl

Another possibility is to take tram nr. 26 in front of Centraal Station and get off near the cruise terminal. Just one or 2 stops.  Also Uber or cab of course. The hotel can give you the details. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ine said:

Doubletree is also walkable, but depending how much luggage you have maybe not that comfortable. This is what Google maps tells: https://www.google.nl/maps/dir/Piet+Heinkade,+Amsterdam/DoubleTree+by+Hilton+Amsterdam+Centraal+Station,+Oosterdoksstraat+4,+1011+DK+Amsterdam/@52.3764516,4.9055115,15z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x47c609a7b4f50061:0xa2e47c8e5965f7a1!2m2!1d4.9229748!2d52.3760544!1m5!1m1!1s0x47c609ba0b3b2767:0x496b950c06acfa48!2m2!1d4.9056508!2d52.3766099!3e2?hl=nl

Another possibility is to take tram nr. 26 in front of Centraal Station and get off near the cruise terminal. Just one or 2 stops.  Also Uber or cab of course. The hotel can give you the details. 

Thanks!

On 5/24/2022 at 3:11 PM, VMax1700 said:

We have done that on previous trips - but we do travel with only a 22" and personal item each.  The walk is about 10" on sidewalk.  The first time we made the mistake of going downstairs at the terminal, turns out the best bet is to go up to street level at the back of the station (away from the tracks) and then a left turn, the hotel is straight ahead of you then.  We found it a great location to walk and wander from.

• 5 weeks later...

We stayed at the double tree and it was a great location.  It was an easy walk to the ship, no lifting luggage, can roll the whole way.     However, we did a trial walk without luggage on the morning of our cruise, since we couldn't check in until noon anyway and I am glad we did.    

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

If you are walking from the DoubleTree and you have never been to Amsterdam. Pay attention to where you are walking. Stay out of the bike path. You will get your butt run over.

Agree, that intersection right in front of the Starbucks door is crazy, more so because of bikes rather than cars.  (but you need to watch out for both !)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/27/2022 at 6:56 AM, CCJack said:

We stayed at the double tree and it was a great location.  It was an easy walk to the ship, no lifting luggage, can roll the whole way.     However, we did a trial walk without luggage on the morning of our cruise, since we couldn't check in until noon anyway and I am glad we did.    

When you speak of walking and walking times are you referring to the normal healthy person?  I question if a person with mobility issues would be capable of doing this walk.  We will be arriving in Amesterdam on a Viking River Cruise and then after 4 nights in Amsterday will be sailing on Celebrity Apex.  I can't imagine walking from where tram/bus stop is to the Cruise terminals.

Someone did mention that it is possible to Uber or take a cab.