Stock benefits - obc

HS2BS

Well I have plenty of time before my December cruise so submitted using the online electronic submission form today for 12 cruises.     Submitted 10/6/22 at 2:00 PM   So fare no confirmation except the web confirmation of receipt.

I'll report back on any progress.    If nothing happens after 10 days I will next try the e-mail route.

Just now, Jim_Iain said:

Well I have plenty of time before my December cruise so submitted using the online electronic submission form today for 12 cruises.     Submitted 10/6/22 at 2:00 PM   So fare no confirmation except the web confirmation of receipt.

I'll report back on any progress.    If nothing happens after 10 days I will next try the e-mail route.

If you do, try using their form (above), filling it out manually, scanning and attaching it along with your brokerage info.

I recently submitted for 2 B2B cruises starting on Oct 15, about 2 weeks ago.   It was on a Thursday.  I got a confirmation by email on the following Weds.   I was about to resubmit when I got them. 

The confirmation was in the form of a invoice showing my additional OBC.  It was a little confusing to figure out.  They don’t make anything simple.   

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I submitted my request via the online form three days ago.  So far nothing, but it is early.  I'll give them another week and then try a different route if no luck.  I'll report back here once it goes through.  I have to say, the online form was very easy to use and made it clear what information needed to be submitted.

7 minutes ago, Salt Lifer said:

I submitted my request via the online form three days ago.  So far nothing, but it is early.  I'll give them another week and then try a different route if no luck.  I'll report back here once it goes through.  I have to say, the online form was very easy to use and made it clear what information needed to be submitted.

Totally agree about the info. That's the easy part. Getting them to actually apply it, now that's another story. Maybe I need to submit when the moon is full on the 12day of the month ending in R and when Jupiter is in the sky. Who knows what in the world they do. One would think it's a pretty easy job, but I guess not.

• Haha 1

There was a woman on my May cruise who had not gotten hers even though she claimed to have requested numerous times.  She went to guest services and complained she had requested it and it was never applied.  She had a copy of her brokerage statement with her.  

Apparently they gave her the $100 via guest services.  My guess it was to shut her up?  After all$100 in OBC often just leads to more spending.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

One thing I havent seen mentioned, and that is when I took a photo of my Stock Statement, I blocked out my personal Account Number. Just a way of protecting my account 

Den

2 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

One thing I havent seen mentioned, and that is when I took a photo of my Stock Statement, I blocked out my personal Account Number. Just a way of protecting my account 

Den

I also black out my non-RCCL  investments from my submitted statement.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Denny01 said:

Den

The form instructions advise you to do this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, canderson said:

25 minutes ago, canderson said:

Actually best to call your broker and ask them for a letter saying you have 100 shares of RCCL in your account.  Nothing blocked out.  I got almost instantly approved for multiple cruises.  Did it via email.

2 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

Actually best to call your broker and ask them for a letter saying you have 100 shares of RCCL in your account.  Nothing blocked out.  I got almost instantly approved for multiple cruises.  Did it via email.

I redacted all but the critical bits on my statement and had mine over a weekend.

On 9/22/2022 at 10:54 AM, mahasamatman said:

Emailed my requests for November, December, and March cruises two days ago and received the credits this morning.

I submitted yesterday by email for November and December cruise - got OBC confirmation email this morning. But I also have a question - when did RCCL change the amounts? I remember getting more than $100 for 11 days cruise. It is fine - just curious.....

14 hours ago, canderson said:

If you do, try using their form (above), filling it out manually, scanning and attaching it along with your brokerage info.

I will for sure.  

Last time I applied about 9 months ago I tried E-mail, Fax and Form and failed I re-submitted  one more time via form and got an email back that It was rejected because my name didn't match my booking.   NOT TRUE.    I then called Lisa's office and it was applied within an hour

The reason I applied using the webform this time was the number of successes using this method earlier in the thread.

Edited by Jim_Iain

7 minutes ago, ISABELLA said:

I submitted yesterday by email for November and December cruise - got OBC confirmation email this morning. But I also have a question - when did RCCL change the amounts? I remember getting more than $100 for 11 days cruise. It is fine - just curious.....

I honestly don't know if it changed but there is a tier system.   The $200 is for 14 day or higher and unfortunately they now have very few 14+ days on Celebrity.

• $250 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 14 or more nights
  • $100 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 6 to 13 nights
  • $50 Onboard Credit per Stateroom on Sailings of 5 nights or less

Just adding my recent experience on this. I submitted the request via the online form this past Tuesday (10/4). I just received an updated invoice showing the OBC on my account this afternoon (Friday, 10/7). 3-day turnaround from the web form is reasonable in my opinion.

15 hours ago, SusieAV8R said:

I also black out my non-RCCL  investments from my submitted statement.

I redacted all but the critical bits on my statement and had mine over a weekend.

Yep, I black out everything except the account holders name (DW), the Stock Name (CCL or RCL) and the quantity owned. That is all they need. All other stocks, prices and what not have the black sharpie applied. Then I make a copy of that paper and send it in. 

1 hour ago, Salt Lifer said:

My email confirmation came today, four days after submitting via the online form.  Not a bad turnaround time.

Now my question is, how long until it is applied to Cruise Planner? Just checked and it wasn't there yet.

Ours arrived later in the same day as the email.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Salt Lifer said:

My email confirmation came today, four days after submitting via the online form.  Not a bad turnaround time.

Now my question is, how long until it is applied to Cruise Planner? Just checked and it wasn't there yet.

I'll check the 4 day point as a marker.    I haven't received anything after 24 hours and nothing applied. 

Scan your email confirmations carefully, I received the $100 OBC but my Invoice now shows a Change Fee for $100 X 3 people - So somehow they charged me $300 for my $100 OBC... ONLY Celebrity could mess up like this - Glad I have my original invoice  to prove it but not looking forward to calling in