SEVEN SEAS MARINER 2025 World Cruise

Terrible itinerary.  Basically Grand Asia Pacific that doesn't even go to South Island of New Zealand.  Claim five continents but I bet they don't make a landing on Antarctica.  Not interested.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, mrlevin said:

Terrible itinerary.  Basically Grand Asia Pacific that doesn't even go to South Island of New Zealand.  Claim five continents but I bet they don't make a landing on Antarctica.  Not interested.

Right. They describe this as "world cruise" but the itinerary does not really circumnavigate the world.

Antarctica is likely to be scenic cruising...

"IAATO (International Association of Antarctica Tour Operators) guidelines dictate that ships carrying more than 500 passengers cannot land passengers ashore." 

so, only a drive (float) by.  Oh, and no Zodiacs, etc., etc. etc....

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Right. They describe this as "world cruise" but the itinerary does not really circumnavigate the world.

So, maybe they'll take a lap around Antarctica which is a circumnavigation...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Well, if you look at the globe interactively, it's pretty darned close to a circumnavigation, just not the traditional one that we expect. But missing out on the NZ South Island seems like a big mistake--that was going to be a big highlight on our (cancelled) 2021 WC. And the multi-climate aspect will make packing interesting. It's also long.

• Like 1

What do you do with Mariner in Miami on 25 June?  Too late for transatlantic to Europe.  Wrong time of year for South America.  Regent doesn't do Caribbean in summer.  I guess it could go to Canada then Bermuda.  Or, maybe as my wife posited, the Mariner goes out of service for Regent.  

Very close to the original 2022 WC adding the SA portion.  Very happy we chose to book the 2024 on day one.  This is not very appealing.  Might have been if we had already completed a traditional world cruise.  Can’t wait until Jan. 2024.

• 1 month later...

I know it is not the traditional circumnavigation of globe, but it is still an interesting itinerary.  I agree that missing the south island of NZ is a big miss.  They could have at least cruised the fjords.  However the east coast of northern South America is not often done.  Nor is Easter Island.  That is a bucket list for many.  And even "floating" past Antarctica will be wonderful!  I have cruised to Vietnam several times in the past, and will be doing a Japan circumnavigation with Silversea next year, but I still found this itinerary worth booking.  It is long!  Much longer than any cruise I have done before, so I hope I haven't made a mistake.  I would have booked the Grand European Sojourn, but it overlapped with a land tour I have, which is a deferred trip from 2020, then 2021, then 2022........

This itinerary seems to follow the sun, so warm weather for most, if not all, of the trip.  It will be summer in the southern hemisphere, then heading north again for spring and summer in the northern hemisphere.  I wonder if China will be welcoming visitors in 2025?  Regent obviously thinks so.  No one can predict the state of the world two-and-a-half years out anymore.

I have been looking for threads on past experience of Regent and World Cruises for some feedback. It sounds like some of you here have that experience.  Do you get bored with repeat shows?  Or does that just give you more opportunity to visit other venues for the music?  Is there camaraderie amongst WC passengers?  It must actually be nice to see new faces with the rotating "segment" cruisers.  Or not?

I would love to hear your stories and experiences.   Carol

1 hour ago, Port Power said:

I have been looking for threads on past experience of Regent and World Cruises for some feedback. It sounds like some of you here have that experience.  Do you get bored with repeat shows?  Or does that just give you more opportunity to visit other venues for the music?  Is there camaraderie amongst WC passengers?  It must actually be nice to see new faces with the rotating "segment" cruisers.  Or not?

I've done a couple of Grand Voyages on Regent (and a world cruise on Crystal). Yes, you get bored with repeat shows. Unfortunately, the live music in the lounges stops for the 45 minutes that the show is on, so that would not be the time to explore other music venues. But there's always music somewhere before and after.

Yes, I've found camaraderie among "full cruisers," and enjoyed meeting people who join for segments. However, I understand that, starting with 2023, Regent has sold out the world cruise on full cruisers alone, and is not planning to sell segments. That will be an interesting experience. I'm signed on for 2024.

On 5/25/2022 at 12:05 PM, cwn said:

That seems crazy. Since she is already in the west coast. But to me it was crazy not to have forward facing lounge in their new ships.

The Observation Lounge on Explorer and Splendor (and presumably Grandeur) is forward-facing. The only ship without a forward-facing lounge is Navigator.

15 minutes ago, wishIweretravelling said:

I've done a couple of Grand Voyages on Regent (and a world cruise on Crystal). Yes, you get bored with repeat shows. Unfortunately, the live music in the lounges stops for the 45 minutes that the show is on, so that would not be the time to explore other music venues. But there's always music somewhere before and after.

Yes, I've found camaraderie among "full cruisers," and enjoyed meeting people who join for segments. However, I understand that, starting with 2023, Regent has sold out the world cruise on full cruisers alone, and is not planning to sell segments. That will be an interesting experience. I'm signed on for 2024.

The Regent personal agent told me that World Cruises sell out quickly, so I am not surprised.  I guess there might be the odd segment available nearer departure.  I reckon after 168 days, it will be like living in an exclusive village!

I look forward to reading your report of the 2024 WC.  I read your May report with interest.  I enjoyed Sitka, but fewer ships stop there now.

• 3 months later...

Hello all, we have just booked this 2025 WC. For us, the itinerary works - we wanted to go to Easter Island, South America and Japan, and this cruise provides that. If there are any others that have booked, I have one question. My travel agent is telling me that Regent is balking at providing the pre-night hotel room and may not be having the pre-cruise gala, even though it is listed in their marketing material. The comment was, "if they have the gala, you'll be invited". I realize that as we booked the suite category below "concierge", the pre-stay overnight is not included in normal Regent sailings, but the benefit listed mentions a pre-night stay and pre-cruise gala "for all cabin categories". Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance.  Becki

32 minutes ago, BBWC said:

The pre-night stay and pre- cruise gala have always been included on World Cruises and Grand Voyages regardless of cabin category. I have not heard anything to the contrary.

Thanks! That was what I expected, and am not sure what the confusion was about.

On 11/5/2022 at 1:54 AM, gypsy56 said:

Hello all, we have just booked this 2025 WC. For us, the itinerary works - we wanted to go to Easter Island, South America and Japan, and this cruise provides that. If there are any others that have booked, I have one question. My travel agent is telling me that Regent is balking at providing the pre-night hotel room and may not be having the pre-cruise gala, even though it is listed in their marketing material. The comment was, "if they have the gala, you'll be invited". I realize that as we booked the suite category below "concierge", the pre-stay overnight is not included in normal Regent sailings, but the benefit listed mentions a pre-night stay and pre-cruise gala "for all cabin categories". Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks in advance.  Becki

Hi, Becki

I started a roll call for this World Cruise on the Mariner Roll Call thread.  I am actually wondering if this discussion thread has become a roll call instead?  It will be very hard to find in two years’ time though, whereas a real roll call is easily located.  Like you, the itinerary works for me.

The pre-cruise hotel night is definitely included for full World Cruise passengers.  It is confirmed in writing on my booking paperwork.  I presume the dinner/gala will go ahead too.  Carol