Diamond & D+ first day beverages

We usually eat lunch at a specialty restaurant (whichever one is open for lunch on boarding day) and use our first voucher for a glass of wine lunch.  Well, I do.  DH drinks water lol.

2 hours ago, BND said:

We usually eat lunch at a specialty restaurant (whichever one is open for lunch on boarding day) and use our first voucher for a glass of wine lunch.  Well, I do.  DH drinks water lol.

Leaving next week and this is one of the things I am looking forward to, lunch in a speciality restaurant and a nice glass of wine, voucher #1. 

3 hours ago, artvlay said:

So on the final day what time do they block you from getting drinks?

Sometime during February this year on the Navigator, they decided to not have alcohol available at the bar in WJ. Previously, I could get canned Truly’s, beer, or glass of champagne to make my own mimosa. You still have your D, D+, and Pinnacle vouchers on disembarkation morning, but your selections are now limited to coffees and non alcohol. I have not heard if the dining room was still serving mimosa’s and bloody Mary’s, etc.

You have till they close out the current sailing which probably varies. I was doing a B2B and while waiting in the lounge to be walked off, my internet plan became inactive as they closed out the sailing and us B2B passengers were still on board, so the passenger count had not gone to zero yet.

On my last night, I went to a bar at about 12:30 am to see if the vouchers had reset and I was told No, so I went to sleep and got some canned soda after morning breakfast at WJ.  Not sure if this is a last night thing or new policy or just a glitch on that sailing as I have heard the vouchers are suppose to reset at midnight.

9 hours ago, artvlay said:

On boarding day can you use the D+ Bogo offer in Chops for lunch?

I thought that was for dinner.  But, we never eat there more than once for lunch.   We don't go for dinner anymore to Chops.  I book lunch online and use our Royal Stock OBC to pay for it.

20 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I read that on one of the RC ships, completing the "muster drill" checkin is required before a beverage can be purchased/acquired.  Pretty good way to get compliance, IMO.

This has been suggested but never used, AFAIK.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Someone reported so on one of the ships to Alaska a couple of weeks ago.

Yes, that was Ovation.  I planned to ask that question on Quantum last week but upon boarding they had officers directing us to our muster stations.  It was a great process.  Muster was complete before I could even remove my backpack.  😁

Directly to North Star bar afterwards and cashed in our first D+ vouchers.  No problem.  On final debarkation day, I cashed in on 2 lattes since the DL was closed.  Again, no problem.  

• Like 1