Certificate of Recovery in lieu of Booster shot (Europe sailing out of Barcelon 06/05/22))

RC sent an email (see image attached) saying that they would not accept Certificates of Recovery as a replacement for getting the initial 2 shots and then a booster if the first 2 shots are > 270 days. See the attached image.

RC customer service said that's correct. (ie a COR is good in lieu of a booster) and it's supported by the second attached image.

My travel agent says that her RC contact says that's not correct and "to be safe, go ahead and get a booster". 

I have had the 2 shots, and 3 weeks ago got a Covid PCR Positive and then a Certificate of Recovery from my doctor. 

I'd like to know if I have to get a booster, not whether I should. Thank you.

Any thoughts?

image002.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.57.09 AM.png

Edited by JamesATX

• JamesATX changed the title to Certificate of Recovery in lieu of Booster shot (Europe sailing out of Barcelon 06/05/22))
1 minute ago, JamesATX said:

I do not want to get a booster after just having Covid as the side effects can be crazy and I have natural immunity right now. 

Any thoughts?

Welcome to CC.

Don't go looking for the worst-case scenario/outcomes from booster shots.

If you want to get on the ship, get the booster.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

Welcome to CC.

Don't go looking for the worst-case scenario/outcomes from booster shots.

If you want to get on the ship, get the booster.

I've changed my question. I'm not here to talk about the side effects so I edited it. And thanks for the welcome 🙂

7 minutes ago, JamesATX said:

RC sent an email (see image attached) saying that they would not accept Certificates of Recovery as a replacement for getting the initial 2 shots and then a booster if the first 2 shots are > 270 days. See the attached image.

RC customer service said that's correct. (ie a COR is good in lieu of a booster) and it's supported by the second attached image.

My travel agent says that her RC contact says that's not correct and "to be safe, go ahead and get a booster". 

I have had the 2 shots, and 3 weeks ago got a Covid PCR Positive and then a Certificate of Recovery from my doctor. 

I do not want to get a booster after just having Covid as the side effects can be crazy and I have natural immunity right now. 

Any thoughts?

image002.png

Screen Shot 2022-05-25 at 9.57.09 AM.png

A certificate of recovery only exempts you from the pre boarding testing.  It does not exempt you from any vaccination requirements

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

A certificate of recovery only exempts you from the pre boarding testing.  It does not exempt you from any vaccination requirements

I'm not sure I follow. So I can board, correct? Then I'm subject to each country's policies. France's for example is attached. They fully accept a COR.

image002 (1).png

2 minutes ago, JamesATX said:

I'm not sure I follow. So I can board, correct? Then I'm subject to each country's policies. France's for example is attached. They fully accept a COR.

image002 (1).png

You are not following each countries guidelines.  You are following Royal's policy and that is that a COR does not replace vaccination requirements.

With a COR you can use that to not have a valid antigen test to board but you still need to meet the vaccination requirements that the cruise line has set

Edited by Ourusualbeach
  • Like 1

I met someone on the Vision in March who had COVID twice, and had a COR.  But, in order to not second-guess what could/would happen at the pier, he went ahead and got all his vaccination shots and boosters, when eligible.  He said it was so he could travel and not worry about being denied.

I mean, who wants to argue the fine print and wordsmith the policy at the dock, thus delaying getting on the ship, or worse?

I have a friend who gets sick for 3 days after ANY COVID shot:  vaccines and boosters.  It's like planned illness, but she does it, because the alternative is not satisfactory to her.  She has an OCD disabled son, and doesn't want the grief.  Rock and hard place.

Edited by pcur

I have similar issues, I got vaccinated 1 year ago and got Covid 6 months ago. My antibody value is insanely high because I might have been reinfected just recently without noticing.

According to Royal, they recommend you to get a Booster, but you are not required to have one in Europe. The problem is that they refuse to tell you what is going to happen with you. This is ridiculous. Worst case scenario is a test every day at your own expense.

I am curious to read how they are handling these cases now, so any info would be appreciated!

OMG my daughter is scrambling right this minute to get a certificate of recovery for her teen son.  Their flight to Germany is day after tomorrow and he was diagnosed last week!  He feels fine right now.  I hope they are able to go as planned.  And their whole family was fully vxd

Edited by BecciBoo

10 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

Their flight to Germany is day after tomorrow and he was diagnosed last week!

The COR only works for if the PCR positive date was at least 11 days ago - has it been that long?

11 hours ago, andreasfcb said:

According to Royal, they recommend you to get a Booster, but you are not required to have one in Europe. The problem is that they refuse to tell you what is going to happen with you. This is ridiculous. Worst case scenario is a test every day at your own expense.

The policy by port is fairly detailed and yes you will need to test (and pay) if not boosted.

10 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

OMG my daughter is scrambling right this minute to get a certificate of recovery for her teen son.  Their flight to Germany is day after tomorrow and he was diagnosed last week!  He feels fine right now.  I hope they are able to go as planned.  And their whole family was fully vxd

With a pcr test, There are some online "Doctors" that will do a telehealth visit and write the required documentaion.  I also asked at the Walgreens urgent care and they said they may write one depending on the nurse working.  Check the cdc website as if it is for international travel not cruising then a documented viral test should work. 

My daugher used the Health Department letter for her recent travel non cruise.

Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test or Documentation of Recovery from COVID-19 | CDC

What You Need to Know
  • If you plan to travel internationally, you will need to get a COVID-19 viral test (regardless of vaccination status or citizenship) no more than 1 day before you travel by air into the United States. You must show your negative result to the airline before you board your flight.
  • If you recently recovered from COVID-19, you may instead travel with documentation of recovery from COVID-19 (i.e., your positive COVID-19 viral test result on a sample taken no more than 90 days before the flight’s departure from a foreign country and a letter from a licensed healthcare provider or a public health official stating that you were cleared to travel).

Viral Test Types

• Laboratory and Rapid Point-of-Care tests are performed in Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS)-certified facilities to ensure quality of testing.
    • Laboratory tests can take days to complete and include RT-“PCR” tests and other types of nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs).
    • Rapid Point-of-Care tests can be performed in minutes and can include antigen tests, some NAATs, and other tests.
  • Self-Tests are rapid tests that can be taken at home or anywhere as long as the instructions are followed.
Edited by irishgal432
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, irishgal432 said:

There are some online "Doctors" that will do a telehealth visit and write the required documentaion

Thanks for this idea.  It had not occurred to me that I could do this online.  We have a favored online doc that we use for certain scripts.  Thanks !!

52 minutes ago, RFerrington said:

Thanks for this idea.  It had not occurred to me that I could do this online.  We have a favored online doc that we use for certain scripts.  Thanks !!

How would this help since Royal is still requiring vaccinations?