Question on booster’s for current booked cruises…

As many of you do, I follow a few different threads from Royal Caribbean cruises on Facebook. I read from a woman that they were canceling their cruise because Royal Caribbean requires booster shots to cruise. I have attempted to verify this fact and cannot. I’d really rather not get into anyones opinion on this subject unless it is verified in fact.  Has anyone heard of this accusation?  Thanks for your help in clearing this up!  Happy sailing!

3 minutes ago, earltonharley said:

As many of you do, I follow a few different threads from Royal Caribbean cruises on Facebook. I read from a woman that they were canceling their cruise because Royal Caribbean requires booster shots to cruise. I have attempted to verify this fact and cannot. I’d really rather not get into anyones opinion on this subject unless it is verified in fact.  Has anyone heard of this accusation?  Thanks for your help in clearing this up!  Happy sailing!

The latest missive from Royal was recommended, but not required.  See below link and the vaccinated guests.

The Healthy Sail Center | Healthy & Safe Cruises | Royal Caribbean Cruises

4 minutes ago, earltonharley said:

We have three cruises B2B2B on Mariner this July, and when we checked in for both the first and second legs, putting in any information on boosters was "optional" on the app. We just got off of a B2B on Harmony at the end of April. The three cruises in July will get us to 10 cruises on RCL since the restart, and 9 of those have occurred after we got our boosters. We have never been asked to submit our booster information in order to sail.

5 minutes ago, nelblu said:

The latest missive from Royal was recommended, but not required.  See below link and the vaccinated guests.

The Healthy Sail Center | Healthy & Safe Cruises | Royal Caribbean Cruises

This.  And just to confirm from personal experience, on our three cruises since October and with our upcoming June cruise, boosters are not required.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

24 minutes ago, earltonharley said:

I read from a woman that they were canceling their cruise because Royal Caribbean requires booster shots to cruise.

Not a requirement, but it is "easier" and cheaper if you are boosted on some sailings out of Europe.

This is what RC web site says

We strongly recommend that fully vaccinated guests get a booster dose when they become eligible to do so. It is highly likely many destinations will soon begin to require booster doses for all eligible guests to be considered fully vaccinated. However, a booster is currently not required to be considered fully vaccinated by Royal Caribbean.

5 hours ago, earltonharley said:

We're sailing soon. No booster requirement. But, you need to upload both your 2-dose vaccine card and booster card as separate uploads. 

10 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

We're sailing soon. No booster requirement. But, you need to upload both your 2-dose vaccine card and booster card as separate uploads. 

I only had to upload one card that has my initial 2 doses and the booster for my sails on Allure and Anthem.

17 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

All of our information is on the same card so no duplicate uploads in our case.  But in the US as the boosters are not required, indicating you have one is also not required. But as vax information (along with negative test results) are required to be shown at check in, all desired and required information would be shown then anyway.

Edited by leaveitallbehind