Room Service - Non Suite

FIrefan17

Room service is complimentary until 1:00am and then there is a flat $4.95 service charge (non suites) until morning when breakfast delivery starts. 

Available 24hrs.

🍹

Edited by PinkSandGirl

2 hours ago, PinkSandGirl said:

Room service is complimentary until 1:00am and then there is a flat $4.95 service charge (non suites) until morning when breakfast delivery starts. 

Available 24hrs.

🍹

It's now until 11pm

The room service menu is very limited as is the breakfast but at least it's free.  A lot of people forget that you can call room service and order dinner off of the MDR menu during MDR dinner hours.

Chicken Noodle Soup, Soup of the day, chicken skewers, fruit plate

Caesar Salad, Mixed Green Salad

Hamburger, Pasta Primavera, Salmon, Turkey Club

Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake and Assorted Cookies

Edited by NutsAboutGolf
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes MDR menu is available for all staterooms during dining hours delivered all at once via room service.

Based on the online application I question your answer. Based on the app there are specific items available. I may be wrong.

4 hours ago, kenb said:

Based on the online application I question your answer. Based on the app there are specific items available. I may be wrong.

I think you are.  We had dinner in February ordered from that days MDR menu.

1 hour ago, jelayne said:

I think you are.  We had dinner in February ordered from that days MDR menu.

5 hours ago, kenb said:

6 hours ago, wrk2cruise said:

Yes MDR menu is available for all staterooms during dining hours delivered all at once via room service.

It's the dinner meal only, couldn't do lunch on the equinox.  You can also fill out the breakfast door tag the night before which will be delivered in the morning but that's a very limited menu; can't order off the MDR menu for breakfast

On every cruise I will on occasion handwrite “Eggs Benedict” on the room service breakfast card (regular balcony cabin) and have always received it. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

The room service menu is very limited as is the breakfast but at least it's free.  A lot of people forget that you can call room service and order dinner off of the MDR menu during MDR dinner hours.

Chicken Noodle Soup, Soup of the day, chicken skewers, fruit plate

Caesar Salad, Mixed Green Salad

Hamburger, Pasta Primavera, Salmon, Turkey Club

Chocolate Cake, Cheesecake and Assorted Cookies

We'll be in a C3 cabin on the Summit. Do I understand that cabin meal service results in no charge?  I understand we have an "enhanced" breakfast menu, but my question is directed more toward the dinner meal. We'd likely order a dinner, hopefully  off the MDR menu, between around 530-7PM. BTW, how do you order from the MDR from your cabin? Where do you see what items are available?

Doug

"The room service menu is very limited as is the breakfast but at least it's free.  A lot of people forget that you can call room service and order dinner off of the MDR menu during MDR dinner hours."

4 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

We'll be in a C3 cabin on the Summit. Do I understand that cabin meal service results in no charge?  I understand we have an "enhanced" breakfast menu, but my question is directed more toward the dinner meal. We'd likely order a dinner, hopefully  off the MDR menu, between around 530-7PM. BTW, how do you order from the MDR from your cabin? Where do you see what items are available?

Doug

"The room service menu is very limited as is the breakfast but at least it's free.  A lot of people forget that you can call room service and order dinner off of the MDR menu during MDR dinner hours."

Yes, anyone, even those who are in an inside cabin may order MDR dinner by calling room service during dinner hours.  The menus are in the X app.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Yes, anyone, even those who are in an inside cabin may order MDR dinner by calling room service during dinner hours.  The menus are in the X app.

Thanks very much for that.😎

Ah, the app.......I have gotten to <almost> hate the trend to move everything onto phone apps! I know I am an be old foggy, but I just don't like the change. I have no trouble with similar  "apps" on a PC, but trying to do many things on the "smart phones" is much more difficult to see and to type. I watch in awe as those younger folk type 1,345 words a minute with their thumbs! <g> I did buy an 8 inch  tablet to use as necessary on  cruise ships, but I likely will also bring a laptop for everything else such as emails, checking weather, info on ports, airline and hotel reservations, etc.

Good to know about the MDR meals to cabin service; thanks again.

As to waits for the phone to be answered, understandable the wait could be long. Especially with folks likely in quarantine!😲

Doug

Edited by PaperSniper4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Thanks very much for that.😎

Ah, the app.......I have gotten to <almost> hate the trend to move everything onto phone apps! I know I am an be old foggy, but I just don't like the change. I have no trouble with similar  "apps" on a PC, but trying to do many things on the "smart phones" is much more difficult to see and to type. I watch in awe as those younger folk type 1,345 words a minute with their thumbs! <g> I did buy an 8 inch  tablet to use as necessary on  cruise ships, but I likely will also bring a laptop for everything else such as emails, checking weather, info on ports, airline and hotel reservations, etc.

Good to know about the MDR meals to cabin service; thanks again.

As to waits for the phone to be answered, understandable the wait could be long. Especially with folks likely in quarantine!😲

Doug

Ask for print outs at guest services, no idea if they’ll do it but you can ask.

yes there could be long waits, the hope is they’re evolving as many have complained on the post-sailing survey

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

Ask for print outs at guest services, no idea if they’ll do it but you can ask.

yes there could be long waits, the hope is they’re evolving as many have complained on the post-sailing survey

Good idea. I also thought if we're walking around the ship that day we'd take a photo of the menu outside the MDR. I wonder if the menu is available on the in-cabin TV? Seems like a more logical place that putting it on the phone app, but sometimes logic is overridden by other factors. 🤔

A long wait would not be unexpected under the circumstances.

When its a port day and most people do buffet , we love to order the Turkey Club and sit on our balcony and watch the comings and goings of people........Especially if it a port in Mexico cause we have been so many times.

In Feb 2022 I travelled with family and suggest the turkey club to my sister........she had it a few times she liked it so much

11 minutes ago, PaperSniper4 said:

Good idea. I also thought if we're walking around the ship that day we'd take a photo of the menu outside the MDR. I wonder if the menu is available on the in-cabin TV? Seems like a more logical place that putting it on the phone app, but sometimes logic is overridden by other factors. 🤔

A long wait would not be unexpected under the circumstances.

I would expect it wouldn't be as it hasn't been on any of my recent sailings yet things can change and it could be different by ship.  Because X is "pushing" profitable alcohol which will understandable appear on the dinner menu I don't believe cramming everything on the dinner menu onto a TV screen is as logically as one thinks.  

20 hours ago, zitsky said:

I'll have the room service caviar for free please, thank you.

(Joke)

I never grew up with caviar, so I don't even know how to eat it.  I know some cruises have caviar bars.

21 minutes ago, crash3x said:

When its a port day and most people do buffet , we love to order the Turkey Club and sit on our balcony and watch the comings and goings of people........Especially if it a port in Mexico cause we have been so many times.

In Feb 2022 I travelled with family and suggest the turkey club to my sister........she had it a few times she liked it so much

Sounds like fun to me! We have often gotten food at the ship's lido deck or "grill" and carried it back to your cabin to do the same thing.