I had a Nightmare Last Night

ScottC4746

In real life, we upgraded sometime after paying off the cruise to the Premium Beverage Package and paid for it.

Nightmare: I dreamt that they had no record of us upgrading.  Should I bring my receipt they emailed me to have in my irate little hand if this happens?

4 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

In real life, we upgraded sometime after paying off the cruise to the Premium Beverage Package and paid for it.

Nightmare: I dreamt that they had no record of us upgrading.  Should I bring my receipt they emailed me to have in my irate little hand if this happens?

Of course 

5 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

Another vote for yes.  This actually did happen to me on the last Celebrity cruise we took.  My sea pass card showed CALL so headed to Guest Services with my hard copy proving upgrade purchase; they re-issued a new card with PALL on it on the spot.

I bring ALL documentation of things I paid for with me, be it a cruise, flight, hotel reservation, etc.  I'm a relic who still believes in "paper."  While technology (i.e. mobile devices and aps) can be great, they also have their faults.  Having proof of what you paid for easily available can make a difference if you have an issue.

Happy Cruising!

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, Mark_T said:

You should be able to see the 'PALL' showing on the app, so if not and you are close to departure it can usually be fixed with a phone call...

Where?  I cannot find that in the app

Curious if you went to Cruise Planner and clicked on Order History

Plan my Cruise /    Then choose Order History -

It should be shown there. 

2022-05-26_14-57-54.jpg

Edited by Jim_Iain
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ScottC4746 said:

Another way to verify all is good is to log onto your Celebrity account. Then go to your specific cruise and click on "Plan My Cruise". In the upper right-hand corner, your will see "Order History". Click on it. One of the entries will look like this if you have upgraded to the Premium Beverage Package. For specific details about the order, click on View Order Details.

Drinks Packages And Experiences

UPGRADE FROM CLASSIC ALCOHOL 18+ TO PREMIUM (ELITE/ELITE+ DISCOUNT 10% DISCOUNT)

VIEW ORDER DETAILS

Just like Jim just posted above. 😂

Edited by Ken the cruiser

5 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if you went to Cruise Planner and clicked on

2022-05-26_14-57-54.jpg

I didn't go to it that way but did see Upgrade from Premium Package to Drinks and More Package.

9 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Curious if you went to Cruise Planner and clicked on Order History

It should be shown there.

It seems to depend upon how you have upgraded, and how close to sailing, for example my order history does not show the upgrade at the moment because we have upgraded using the 'Elevate' option and while the included OBC shows immediately, the drinks upgrade doesn't seem to get applied before final payment.

It really shouldn't be this hard 🙂

6 minutes ago, ScottC4746 said:

I didn't go to it that way but did see Upgrade from Premium Package to Drinks and More Package.

Good to know.   I  don't worry about it.  If it doesn't show up they will fix it for you pretty quickly.

Mine doesn't show up anyplace either and we did it ages ago for a late July sailing. But I have the paperwork in case there is a problem. I bring paperwork for everything and day by day the pile goes down onboard. 

I had the 4 perks included in my SS. 

Got on board and tried to sign in in the internet.    It was denied.   Looked at my sea pass card and there was no drink pack.   

I went to the host  in the retreat lounge and she said that the perks are always included in the SS.   I said yes and I understand  that but I have the perks and showed her  the emails.   She said that don’t mean anything.   I was ticked.    She got on the phone and about a hour later confirmed that I had all 4 perks.    

Apparently emails don’t mean anything 

happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Over recent years not only do we take emails and invoices we email pertinent screenshots to ourselves ‘just in case’.

In our experience going to the Retreat concierge or guest services with black and white confirmation can be very helpful. It stops the ‘your word against theirs’ scenario which is stressful for both guest and staff.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Host Anne said:

I bring ALL documentation of things I paid for with me, be it a cruise, flight, hotel reservation, etc.  I'm a relic who still believes in "paper."  While technology (i.e. mobile devices and aps) can be great, they also have their faults.  Having proof of what you paid for easily available can make a difference if you have an issue.

Happy Cruising!

Totally agree!

Over the years there have been times when we have arrived at hotels having prepaid for sea views which has been disputed on arrival, been offered a lower grade of rental car than we have pre booked, had OBC disappear on boarding…So easy when you can simply open your holiday folder and go to the section (flights, hotels, car hire, cruise…) pull out the relevant document and resolve.

• Like 2

I take proof of everything I purchase pre cruise. I also bring my invoice as once they started to charge our account for tips when we had prepaid! Showed them the invoice and no issue got it fixed. If you don't want to drag paper copies just take pictures of your documents on your phone!

I save everything pertinent to my Dropbox account and for items that I feel are of greater concern, I flag it for offline access.  And then I bring printouts in a plastic (so it can’t get wet) folder in the order I will need things.  

Since I started doing all of this there have been no glitches, or anything to cause nightmares.