How to Complete Pre-boarding Documentation online without using the Medallion App

Smokeyham

Someone pointed out to me that you can complete the required pre-boarding registration/documentation without having to use the Medallion app on your phone.  I'm glad to see this as I started to try and do this on the App but it was very frustrating and I ended up ditching the App and thinking I would just show them the paperwork at the pier.   

The online version is available at https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

I had to scroll down and use my booking number to log in but once there the process was fairly painless.   I entered passport information manually and was able to upload a photo for the security picture and a copy of my vaccine card.

I really appreciate now having this alternative as the app was a bit of a nightmare.

You can't do everything here as dining reservations must be done through the app and I have heard that you really do want to get those,  even for the main dining room.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 3

THANK YOU!!!

Where has this Online version been hiding all my life?

I was able to complete what I needed to, to be back in Green lane.

Plus order our Medallions!

We'll still bring hard copies to embarcation.  But doing so much ahead is a relief.

Without the app!!!!

which I hadn't been able to get to work right since the update.

Edited by CalLuvsCrusingToo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CalLuvsCrusingToo said:

THANK YOU!!!

Where has this Online version been hiding all my life?

I was able to complete what I needed to, to be back in Green lane.

Plus order our Medallions!

We'll still bring hard copies to embarcation.  But doing so much ahead is a relief.

Without the app!!!!

which I hadn't been able to get to work right since the update.

You are most welcome.... Thanks to @JF - retired RRT for pointing this out to me.
I'm not sure when this option became available.  I seem to remember reading about a year ago that the only option was the Medallion app.  Hopefully this was Princess listening to the many of us who prefer to use a laptop to our phones.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

You are most welcome.... Thanks to @JF - retired RRT for pointing this out to me.
I'm not sure when this option became available.  I seem to remember reading about a year ago that the only option was the Medallion app.  Hopefully this was Princess listening to the many of us who prefer to use a laptop to our phones.

Yes !  I will be using the laptop version.

I have enough grey hair already

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, Smokeyham said:

What amazes me is that Princess seems to have been a bit tone deaf on this and not realized that for many the laptop is much easier to use than a phone.  

Yes this.  I thought I had read somewhere that you have to do it on the phone.  I was complaining on live chat w/Princess and was provided the link, lol.  It's so much better.  My fingers are not meant to do all that inputting on a phone!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

What amazes me is that Princess seems to have been a bit tone deaf on this and not realized that for many the laptop is much easier to use than a phone.  

I don't recall the date, but the website version link has been there in the Cruise Personalizer for each booking you pull up for some time now.  Glad it worked out for you.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steelers36 said:

I don't recall the date, but the website version link has been there in the Cruise Personalizer for each booking you pull up for some time now.  Glad it worked out for you.

Yup, it’s right below the apps. 
6AC8332B-6CB9-4912-9BF8-CA02C8AF82AD.thumb.jpeg.a3818a4e0265aa577148323cf2d7f3a3.jpeg

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Smokeyham said:

Someone pointed out to me that you can complete the required pre-boarding registration/documentation without having to use the Medallion app on your phone.  I'm glad to see this as I started to try and do this on the App but it was very frustrating and I ended up ditching the App and thinking I would just show them the paperwork at the pier.   

The online version is available at https://oceanready-personalinfo-ui.prod.ocean.com/

I had to scroll down and use my booking number to log in but once there the process was fairly painless.   I entered passport information manually and was able to upload a photo for the security picture and a copy of my vaccine card.

I really appreciate now having this alternative as the app was a bit of a nightmare.

You can't do everything here as dining reservations must be done through the app and I have heard that you really do want to get those,  even for the main dining room.

Thanks! I tried that link using our last booking a couple of months ago, but it just went into la-la land. Tried again today and sure enough it worked just as advertised! Thanks for sharing your positive experience!

• Like 1

I don’t know if others have run into this issue when filling out the Personal Information and Documentation section on the app. The Save button always remained greyed out for me when I tried adding/changing any applicable data in the various sections. 

However, I was finally able to click on the Save button when I used the online web interface once I completely filled out all the applicable sections to include the Emergency Contact information.

BTW I thought I had filled out all of the applicable entrees on the App, but maybe I hadn’t. Who knows. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

I had the problem that both app and online would not allow me to acknowledge acceptance of the cruise contract.  I left it for 24 hours and came back and then it worked.  

Other companies have apps and websites that seem to work fairly consistently and seamlessly.  Not sure why this system seems to have so many problems.     

• Like 2

I had the same problem with cruise contract It would not let me acknowledge acceptance. I called princess number and the app problems line came on IMMEDIATELY!!!  The rep fixed contract problem, made reservations for MDR and Crown Grill. EZPZ!!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ken the cruiser said:

I don’t know if others have run into this issue when filling out the Personal Information and Documentation section on the app. The Save button always remained greyed out for me when I tried adding/changing any applicable data in the various sections. 

However, I was finally able to click on the Save button when I used the online web interface once I completely filled out all the applicable sections to include the Emergency Contact information.

BTW I thought I had filled out all of the applicable entrees on the App, but maybe I hadn’t. Who knows. 

This is my issue exactly, only I still get the greyed out SAVE button on the web version. I made sure to fill in every field, even on the app and still nothing. Glad it worked out for you.

I emailed their IT dept and have gotten a reply but since my sailing isn't until Oct they told me pax with approaching sail dates get priority with help.

• Like 1

OMG…Princess IT needs to get it together.  The Medallion class online website shows we’re in the green lane,.  But the app said we were in the  blue lane, then yellow, and now green without me having changed anything.  Just kept accessing at different times.  Haven’t even uploaded our vax cards yet!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, loerie said:

And we do not own a phone-so we shall do it on the computer for our December 15 day Panama cruise.Us oldies are still in the dark ages and quite happy to be so!

I can't get that to work either today....lol

10 minutes ago, Waynetor said:

I have tried this multiple times today and can't get anywhere past entering name and password.  Will try tomorrow 

FWIW we have never been able to log into the app with our userid and password. We’ve always had to use the Quick Access option using our booking number.

Android didn't work online doesn't work (name is invalid and cannot accept the contract)

Question:  What happens if I cannot get this done?

I just bring all the paperwork and Ill be ok?

39th  cruise 1st time Princess Cruise 

thanks

2 minutes ago, SJ1_ said:

Android didn't work online doesn't work (name is invalid and cannot accept the contract)

Question:  What happens if I cannot get this done?

I just bring all the paperwork and Ill be ok?

39th  cruise 1st time Princess Cruise 

thanks

ok wife  just read we get in blue line 

so question is what time should I arrive ?  I'm assuming after paperwork I would get an arrival time?  thanks

46 minutes ago, SJ1_ said:

ok wife  just read we get in blue line 

so question is what time should I arrive ?  I'm assuming after paperwork I would get an arrival time?  thanks

Show up at the terminal whenever convenient for you.

• Like 3