Pride European cruisers, tell us all about it

9 minutes ago, rps2004 said:

I am interested in knowing how many and what type of electrical outlets there are in the Pride’s cabins. Also, are there any USB ports?

Thanks

Richard

There is one 220v 2 pin round European outlet with one 110v flat  pin  USA outlet alongside in a balcony cabin and no usb. This is an old low tech ship with no on demand films. The app works very well though and the WiFi has been fine for me.

1 hour ago, poindexter said:

Our aft balcony cabin had a USB port in each lamp. 

Unfortunately there is no rhyme or reason which rooms they upgraded the nightstand lamps to include USB ports. On my B2B2B our first extended balcony, Rm7203, had the upgraded nightstand lamps with USB ports (Both nightstands) Our 2nd and 3rd cruise was in Rm 7195 only two rooms away on the same side, DIDN'T have the newer USB nightstands.  

I was in a balcony cabin that didn’t have the upgraded lamps.  It had one 220v outlet and one 110V.  I always take a non-surge protected extension cord that has two 220v plugs and one for UBS.  Works fine for all my electronics.

Edited by nwcruiselover

On 6/24/2022 at 5:34 AM, jameslee said:

Plan to stay in I’m for a few days afterwards does Dover have other transportation options like to Victoria station or is it better to pay for the $99 per person bus

We are staying after also and taking the $99 bus in as it seemed easier than figuring out which train to which station, to which bus, to which rail to get out to Lee. Our VRBO hostess says we can get the train from Gatwick to Lee.

On 6/25/2022 at 1:29 PM, stephenSJ said:

We are from UK doing our first Carnival cruise although we have cruised around 40 times with most of the other similar standard lines.

We have enjoyed the food, Guys burger and fries are a delight and the choice in the MDR is more extensive than most lines,ie 10 starters 9 mains and 6 desserts most nights. 

The disappointment for us are the desserts in lido that are mainly slices of larger cakes full of cream and while looking different manage to taste similar,even the key lime is bland.

We went anytime and have never had to wait for a table.

We felt the exact same, they were all lovely to look at but all tasted of nothing lol. It was all cream and sugar with no actual flavour.

On 6/26/2022 at 4:35 PM, rps2004 said:

I am interested in knowing how many and what type of electrical outlets there are in the Pride’s cabins. Also, are there any USB ports?

Thanks

Richard

2 USB on each side of the bed.  1 American and 1 Euro socket on the desk.  

11 hours ago, ScratchTheRat said:

We felt the exact same, they were all lovely to look at but all tasted of nothing lol. It was all cream and sugar with no actual flavour.

Cultural differences maybe? 

Are there taxi stands outside Dover port I plan to go to London bridge to visit a few friends after crusing and was wondering how difficult it would be to call taxi so I can go to train station on my departure day

On 6/21/2022 at 12:36 AM, ashkir said:

Oh of that I am aware. But, on Panorama it was still reliable enough to do some work. Downloaded spreadsheets, emails, etc. 🙂

Mine asked me the same I told him wifi in the North Atlantic was spotty…

On 6/20/2022 at 1:48 PM, Eli_6 said:

Not looking forward to the early morning debark.  That will be like getting out of bed at midnight for me.

I am going to book my flight for next year for BCN to Dover.  Can anyone tell me how long they would recommend staying in Barcelona ahead of time? Is 2-3 days enough?

I have been to Barcelona several times and I think 3 days is enough. Get a multi day HoHo bus pass. They sell them at a booth in large Square at the top of Las Ramblas. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, jameslee said:

Are there taxi stands outside Dover port I plan to go to London bridge to visit a few friends after crusing and was wondering how difficult it would be to call taxi so I can go to train station on my departure day

There's a taxi stand at Dover Priory train station and a taxi stand at the cruise terminal, fixed fee of £8 to the cruise terminal or train station. Plenty of taxis available, we had no wait time for both journeys.

Taxi and train journeys saves a £ or $ fortune compared to the Carnival coach transfers.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The safe in our cabin has no keypad only a swipe groove for a credit card and a warning not to use sign and sail card as this will deactivate card and safe. 

Not good to have a safe then have to carry your credit card with you everywhere. If you have an old card it would be an idea to bring that to work the safe.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stephenSJ said:

The safe in our cabin has no keypad only a swipe groove for a credit card and a warning not to use sign and sail card as this will deactivate card and safe. 

Not good to have a safe then have to carry your credit card with you everywhere. If you have an old card it would be an idea to bring that to work the safe.

It was the same on our RCI and P&O cruises, they must be buying from the same safe supplier.  It's frustrating that you have to carry 3 cards around.  

2 hours ago, M&A said:

It was the same on our RCI and P&O cruises, they must be buying from the same safe supplier.  It's frustrating that you have to carry 3 cards around.  

One way around it is to hide the card you're using for the safe in one of the drawers. That's what we do.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kwokpot said:

One way around it is to hide the card you're using for the safe in one of the drawers. That's what we do.

good idea

8 hours ago, stephenSJ said:

Whoops! I never saw that warning and used my carnival card to lock/unlock the safe the entire cruise. I guess I got lucky.

6 hours ago, stephenSJ said:

There is no enforcement of dress code on this cruise in the MDR on elegant nights. Plenty shorts,baseball caps,t shirts and trainers.

I could understand if they had lost their luggage but you would think they would avoid the MDR on elegant night.