Interior virtual balcony

We were on one of the first cruises when the virtual balcony was introduced on the Navigator.  Really does seem more of a gimmick than anything.  We found it to be hot at times also.  We could have easily done without it.  It was a super last minute cruise, and the price was way beyond terrific.

7 hours ago, denamo said:

We were on one of the first cruises when the virtual balcony was introduced on the Navigator.  Really does seem more of a gimmick than anything.  We found it to be hot at times also.  We could have easily done without it.  It was a super last minute cruise, and the price was way beyond terrific.

We had one once from booking an interior GTY. Free upgrade, woohoo, lol.

Agree with the above. It added nothing but didn’t bother us either. We thought it was a silly gimmick.

I had a VB on the Navigator from 4/27 to 5/13.  I really like the cabin.  The view outside was like having a giant window, and the chair / ottoman was right next to it.  At night the curtains are pulled, so no light comes in as the sun comes up (unless you want it).  

The only problem was if the beds are put together, the corner of the bed is up against the corner of the desk, and the phone is on the nightstand on that side.

I had a Virtual Balcony last time I was on Navigator in 2018.  All it really is, is a sideways big screen TV that's showing the outside.  For me, it was more of an annoyance than a benefit and we ended up turning it off once we figured out how to do it.  Also, I heard rumors somewhere that if you accidentally damage it, they will charge you a huge sum to replace that TV.

We stayed in one.  I think there is a link to the cabin review in my signature.   Brb.

EDIT: not in my sig - let me find it.

Edited by Rewind

I had it on the Navigator and hated it.  It did not turn off (the remote was missing) and so it blared all the time.  It just took up room and added light.  I book an inside because I like it dark when I sleep, and the virtual balcony eliminated that.  In addition, my parents had a real balcony soooooooooo....

Love this question.  We booked one for September.  We figured it was costing us a whopping $16 more total from an inside.  Normally we do balconies abut that would have cost us over $1700.  We like to wind down at night watching the stars and listening to the ocean so hope this will be similar.

Erika

We have one on an upcoming cruise and my husband likes it dark in the cabin.  Will we be able to turn it off on our own or do you have to ask the steward to do that?  Once it is turned off, is that it, no turning it back on during the day for example?