Yacht club suite located outside of yacht club area on Meraviglia

mushroom

I've reserved one of the 8 Duplex Suites and am having second thoughts about the experience.  The Duplex units are not actually located in the Yacht Club area of the ship.  Will this impact our overall experience?  I've always enjoyed the quiet and serenity of the yacht club and am worried that being on another deck will be disappointing. However, for this particular cruise, the layout of the Duplex is perfect. I sure would appreciate some expert advice/reassurance.  Thanks!

There is no way this can impact your overall YC experience. You will have full access to the YC enclave, and only need to leave there to access your cabin....def not a problem, in my opinion, having now sailed sailed 5 YC cruises. 😉 

Do remember the Duplex is perfect for you, and nothing like it exists in the YC enclave. That is the reason MSC have now given them full YC status.

3 minutes ago, hamrag said:

There is no way this can impact your overall YC experience. You will have full access to the YC enclave, and only need to leave there to access your cabin....def not a problem, in my opinion, having now sailed sailed 5 YC cruises. 😉 

Do remember the Duplex is perfect for you, and nothing like it exists in the YC enclave. That is the reason MSC have now given them full YC status.

Will the OP have Butler service for his stateroom?  

1 minute ago, rkacruiser said:

Will the OP have Butler service for his stateroom?  

I am not sure, but routine 'Butler service' for us is neither here nor there. Any non routine requests should be provided, I'd be 99% certain of that!

• Thanks 1

These YC-but-not-YC rooms fascinate me.

For example, if YC is an enclave within the ship proper, one would be accurate to refer to the duplex suites as exclaves of YC.

Infrequently-used geographical terms aside, I also wonder what controversey might arise if "duplexers" were to permit entry of guests who are not berthed in YC. The duplex rooms are outside the portcullis and curtain walls of YC, (to extend the castle metaphor) so who is there to object?

I could certainly see the missus and myself inviting another couple to our YC duplex for bridge or euchre. However, I'd make sure any proffered refreshments were on my own dime and not, for example, from Top Sail.

I've never stayed "outside of Yacht Club" but still Yacht Club but I have stayed "outside of Haven" but still Haven on NCL a few times. Total opposite end of the ship, actually.

Based on that, I am confident that the OP will still have butler service.

Having non-YC guests visit the stateroom shouldn't be a problem. A quality butler should have no problem with assisting with hosting duties.

• Like 1

We cruised Bellissima just before Covid  February 2020 and our friends had trouble with their YC balcony room so were moved to a Duplex, this was before they were YC. They had trouble accessing the YC area with their key card and were sometimes forgotten for servicing the room which should not occur now they are YC rooms.

They loved the room space and set up .

We were on MSC Divina 12001 which has three YC suites on 12 Deck outside YC enclave.  We absolutely loved it.  All we had to do was call the Concierge anytime we needed anything.  The butler was the best!  There was never any issue with service or access to the YC.  

There was a recent discussion about those rooms on Mera about a week or two ago.  We sailed Divinia on deck 12 last Fall on a four night.  First day butler was .. We'll bring whatever you need...Day one did then nothing.  However, whether Haven or YC you can always get a dud.  Chances much higher on NCL.

Also, these are the only cabins that have TWO bathrooms on the Meraviglia.
This  feature along with hot tub on balcony makes these cabins highly desirable.

You will enjoy your YC experience. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, phissy said:

Also, these are the only cabins that have TWO bathrooms on the Meraviglia.
This  feature along with hot tub on balcony makes these cabins highly desirable.

You will enjoy your YC experience. 

You make a good point.  It boggles my mind why they have not figured to add at least a half bath to RS and above.  Even looking at newest ships with new OS, I don't think they have more than one bath either IIRC.