Any need for bottoms other than shorts?

12 hours ago, baelor said:

I don't want any opinions at all.  That is why I asked a factual question and am looking for factual answers.

Then you'll find what you're looking for about 10% of the time.  Welcome to cc.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, baelor said:

My shorts have built-in underwear. 😘

50 minutes ago, orville99 said:

So essentially fancy swim trunks

Not that fancy...my $ 20 swim trunks from Walmart have built-in underwear. 

And even a back pocket to hold my wallet for those times I just can't be bothered to change after a swim.

19 hours ago, baelor said:

Also, I have no idea what a tractor pull is, but I imagine it is something casual.

I lived in East Texas for a bit...tractor pulls are popular among the trailer dwellers and other like-minded folk, who also like to yell "yee haw" for no apparent reason.

4 hours ago, orville99 said:

So essentially fancy swim trunks

No.  Running shorts, along with many athletic shorts, have built-in underwear (or "liners").  They are made of different material than swim trunks, and swim trunk liners are generally mesh, whereas athletic short liners are typically woven-in athletic underwear.

For example, these:  https://shop.lululemon.com/p/men-shorts/Pace-Breaker-Out-Of-Mind-Liner-9/_/prod8980444?color=5410.

They are very versatile and comfortable, which is why I have around 13 pairs.

3 hours ago, CalTexCruiser said:

I lived in East Texas for a bit...tractor pulls are popular among the trailer dwellers and other like-minded folk, who also like to yell "yee haw" for no apparent reason.

Is "trailer dweller" derogatory, like "trailer trash," or is it neutral/positive?

• Haha 1

Being from Alabama where we have more trailers than flies on a dead cow, I guess that makes me an expert on terms for referring to persons who reside in pre-manufactured mobile homes.  Yes, the term "trailer trash" is derogatory and may get you punched in the face if you call someone that.  The term "trailer dweller" is more complicated.  Most trailer trash would not recognize the word "dweller" so it might be interpreted as "trailer feller" and that would probably be accepted as non-derogatory.  It could also be interpreted as "trailer twirler", which sounds like what a tornado does.  Just like maliciously yelling "Fire!" in a crowded theater, yelling "Tornado!" in a trailer park when there is none is a felony punishable by up to 3 years in jail.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So back to the OP's OP (original poster's original post), will you really go to one of the nicer specialty restaurants on the ship in a short with built-in underwear?

And do you own open-toed sandals to accessorize?  And do they sell such sandals with built-in socks?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

So back to the OP's OP (original poster's original post), will you really go to one of the nicer specialty restaurants on the ship in a short with built-in underwear?

Probably, since there is no dress code and they are not fancy enough to justify wearing a suit.

1 hour ago, CalTexCruiser said:

And do you own open-toed sandals to accessorize?  And do they sell such sandals with built-in socks?

I need to get a new pair of Birks; now I just have Crocs.

1 hour ago, baelor said:

Probably, since there is no dress code and they are not fancy enough to justify wearing a suit.

Hopefully your opinion changes once you get that first cruise under your belt.

Edited by bucfan2

11 minutes ago, bucfan2 said:

Please let us know if your opinion changes once you get that first cruise under your belt.

It won't.  I am not sure what lived experience you think is needed here.  

Since you seem to be my biggest fan, I will make sure to tag you in all my write-up posts.  I will make sure to snap a few pics of me in shorts in various venues as well.

• Like 1

There is a (demented) part of me that is thrilled to see these types of threads back at CC. Even if they do set off so many. 😂 

Never thought I would say that, but well…..Covid. 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, baelor said:

It won't.  I am not sure what lived experience you think is needed here.  

Since you seem to be my biggest fan, I will make sure to tag you in all my write-up posts.  I will make sure to snap a few pics of me in shorts in various venues as well.

Still wishing you all the best.

Edited by bucfan2